Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PoMC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Name your Top 3 Sega Games!!”

• Apollo 13 4 votes
      5%
    • Batman Forever 5 votes
      6%
    • Baywatch 25 votes
      28%
    • Godzilla 4 votes
      5%
    • Goldeneye 9 votes
      10%
    • Harley Davidson 2 votes
      2%
    • Independence Day 2 votes
      2%
    • Lost in Space 2 votes
      2%
    • Mary Shelley's Frankenstein 8 votes
      9%
    • Maverick 2 votes
      2%
    • South Park 4 votes
      5%
    • Space Jam 1 vote
      1%
    • Star Wars Trilogy 2 votes
      2%
    • Starship Troopers 10 votes
      11%
    • The Lost World Jurassic Park 4 votes
      5%
    • The X Files 1 vote
      1%
    • Twister 1 vote
      1%
    • Viper Night Drivin' 2 votes
      2%

(88 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pomc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

Baywatch
    Starship Troopers
    Maverick

I've never played Goldeneye, but from the videos I've watched, it would probably knock Maverick down to 4th.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Honest question for the SST fans, I actually like the game but the sounds (bug screaming) is insufferable. Do you just get used to it over time? Can it be changed? I actually wouldn't mind owning one but I feel like that would grate on me...

When I had an SST, I replaced the head speaker with a woofer of the same size. I also installed some kind of inline volume control and it made those certain bugs way less screechy.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from tonedef131:

Baywatch is the best one, but kind of a maintenance nightmare.

I owned several Baywatches and still have the first one I bought 6 years ago. I haven't had to do any nightmare maintenance on it after the full tear down cleaning and shop job I did. I think I had to replace the shooter lane switch a couple of years ago.

Now, most Segas are a pain in the ass to shop because the GI bulbs cannot be easily removed from underneath the playfield. So if you get a Sega, you're not going to be able to quickly swap the incandescent bulbs to LEDs without a bit of work and effort. But really, chances are the game is filthy and needs a full tear down cleaning anyway.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from dgpinball:

I'm not overly surprised that Baywatch is getting so much love, would be a very close #4 on my list and might be higher if I had played one recently, don't think I've run across one for nearly a decade!!

New code and ColorDMD enhances it for sure. Plus, name a pin in the last 10 years with as many gameplay features packed into it?

1 week later
    #48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Scorch:

I just got a Twister a few months ago and I'm loving it. Could use some code tweaks to really be a good game because multiball is way too easy. They should at least make you hit a ramp or take a ride around an orbit before you open the ball lock hole
    I also have a SST, and I really wanted to love it, but it's just not doing it for me. I think I'll be selling it soon.
    X-files was really fun for a while, but got ultra-repetitive. Still, I love the total feel of the game.

For a some orbit fun, disable the top magnet above the lanes. The ball wont be grabbed and I was able to get multiple orbits in a row. That was really fun!

Of course, at the time I didn’t even know there was a magnet up there that wasn’t working. When I fixed it, the fun decreased a bit because I couldn’t nail several consecutive orbits anymore.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pomc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/name-your-top-3-sega-games?tu=pomc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.