Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PoMC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Name your Top 3 Sega Games!!”

• Apollo 13 4 votes
      5%
    • Batman Forever 5 votes
      6%
    • Baywatch 25 votes
      28%
    • Godzilla 4 votes
      5%
    • Goldeneye 9 votes
      10%
    • Harley Davidson 2 votes
      2%
    • Independence Day 2 votes
      2%
    • Lost in Space 2 votes
      2%
    • Mary Shelley's Frankenstein 8 votes
      9%
    • Maverick 2 votes
      2%
    • South Park 4 votes
      5%
    • Space Jam 1 vote
      1%
    • Star Wars Trilogy 2 votes
      2%
    • Starship Troopers 10 votes
      11%
    • The Lost World Jurassic Park 4 votes
      5%
    • The X Files 1 vote
      1%
    • Twister 1 vote
      1%
    • Viper Night Drivin' 2 votes
      2%

(88 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

For the most part. Sega games from the 90's don't get a lot of love, but there are some good playing games made by them between 1994 and 1999.

There were 18 games produced by them, (including Maverick) like to hear your top 3, and vote for your first choice in the poll!

My 3:

Starship Troopers
    Batman Forever
    Twister

#2 4 years ago

Baywatch
    Starship Troopers
    Goldeneye

#3 4 years ago

NHL 94
    Desert Strike
    Shinobi

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

NHL 94
    Desert Strike
    Shinobi

Sigh, There's always one

#5 4 years ago

Baywatch
    Starship Troopers
    Maverick

I've never played Goldeneye, but from the videos I've watched, it would probably knock Maverick down to 4th.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from dgpinball:

Sigh, There's always one

Hahahaha

#7 4 years ago

NHL 94
    Desert Strike
    Shinobi

No gunstar heroes??? Shining force 2??? Killin me!!

Baywatch, Batman Forever, and Goldeneye. Apollo 13 and Lost in Space are actually super fun too. Alot of Sega stuff gets a bad rap but there is alot of game for the money in there!

#8 4 years ago

Frankenstein starship troopers and id4

#9 4 years ago

Honest question for the SST fans, I actually like the game but the sounds (bug screaming) is insufferable. Do you just get used to it over time? Can it be changed? I actually wouldn't mind owning one but I feel like that would grate on me...

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Honest question for the SST fans, I actually like the game but the sounds (bug screaming) is insufferable. Do you just get used to it over time? Can it be changed? I actually wouldn't mind owning one but I feel like that would grate on me...

The bugs screaming has never bothered me personally.

#11 4 years ago

Check the SST club thread, if you swap out either the mpu or powerdriver with the repro, the repro does not have the bugs screams at all. Check the owners thread though, I can’t remember 100% how that went.

#12 4 years ago

I like the game enough to tolerate the screeching, but I know it real does "bug" most people

#13 4 years ago

NHL 94
    Desert Strike
    Shinobi

I came in to say Space Fury

#14 4 years ago

Most Sega games are terrible and a result I haven't owned many.

If pressed I'd have to say, in no particular order -

Independence Day
    Godzilla
    Starship Poopers

I guess that's it. Wow what an awful list of games to choose from. I'd rather have a nice Outrun or Thunderblade video game than any of the pins.

#15 4 years ago

I like them all. Admittedly the rules always seemed like an afterthought and that has caused a lot of them to age poorly. The themes and artwork and toys were usually a lot of fun though and I can find something to enjoy in all of them that I've played.

Baywatch is the best one, but kind of a maintenance nightmare.
    X-Files is pretty great too, it seems to be catching a second wind here in the last several months.
    Starship Troopers is on I'd like to own someday because the shots are good and it's one of the best movies ever made, but I don't know the table too well otherwise.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

When I had an SST, I replaced the head speaker with a woofer of the same size. I also installed some kind of inline volume control and it made those certain bugs way less screechy.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from tonedef131:

Baywatch is the best one, but kind of a maintenance nightmare.

I owned several Baywatches and still have the first one I bought 6 years ago. I haven't had to do any nightmare maintenance on it after the full tear down cleaning and shop job I did. I think I had to replace the shooter lane switch a couple of years ago.

Now, most Segas are a pain in the ass to shop because the GI bulbs cannot be easily removed from underneath the playfield. So if you get a Sega, you're not going to be able to quickly swap the incandescent bulbs to LEDs without a bit of work and effort. But really, chances are the game is filthy and needs a full tear down cleaning anyway.

#18 4 years ago

Baywatch, batman forever, goldeneye, mary shelleys franky are fun. ive owned most of them at one time or another and these are the only ones I kept for any length of time. and most are impossible to get parts for.

#19 4 years ago

The X Files, Independence Day , BatMan Forever

#20 4 years ago

Star Wars Trilogy
    Space Jam
    Starship Troopers

#21 4 years ago

Baywatch
    Batman Forever
    Goldeneye

#22 4 years ago

Twister

Godzilla

Madden '93

#23 4 years ago

GoldenEye
    X-Files
    BF

Thanks
    Blake

#24 4 years ago

Baywatch
    Frankenstein
    Godzilla

#25 4 years ago

1.Baywatch
    2.Goldeneye
    3.Starship Troopers

#26 4 years ago

Apollo 13
    Forever (because it doesn't say Batman on the game any where's)
    Maverick

John

#27 4 years ago

Baywatch
    Godzilla
    Goldeneye

I also like Frankenstein and batman

#28 4 years ago

Godzilla, SST...Apollo or Baywatch I guess. Those are the 4 I might play once.

#29 4 years ago

We still have a lot of love for this one.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
    #30 4 years ago

Glad to see some love for X files!

#31 4 years ago

I'm not overly surprised that Baywatch is getting so much love, would be a very close #4 on my list and might be higher if I had played one recently, don't think I've run across one for nearly a decade!!

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from dgpinball:

I'm not overly surprised that Baywatch is getting so much love, would be a very close #4 on my list and might be higher if I had played one recently, don't think I've run across one for nearly a decade!!

New code and ColorDMD enhances it for sure. Plus, name a pin in the last 10 years with as many gameplay features packed into it?

#33 4 years ago

I'm going to have to find one to play, I do remember it having a lot going on.

SST will always be my favorite because of the theme, but sounds like Baywatch is worth giving a shot!

#34 4 years ago

For the uninitiated, Sega’s best games were undoubtedly their EM arcade games from the mid to late ‘60s through the early ‘70s. These games were mechanical marvels that were WAY ahead of their time! Check ‘em out here:

http://www.pinrepair.com/arcade/sega.htm

#36 4 years ago

Goldeneye
    Baywatch
    Apollo 13

are my favorites.

#37 4 years ago

Really surprised how many are mentioning Goldeneye, another one I haven't played for years.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from dgpinball:

Really surprised how many are mentioning Goldeneye, another one I haven't played for years.

Goldeneye is a game that every collector told me sucked - but I bought one at a good price and had a ton of fun with it. I made a mod to keep the ball from hopping off the left wireform return - and after that it played great. The layout is fun, the rules & modes are fun, the dots and music are great...the automatic magnet save between the flippers is rad & the skip ramp shot into the satellite dish is satisfying.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Goldeneye is a game that every collector told me sucked - but I bought one at a good price and had a ton of fun with it. I made a mod to keep the ball from hopping off the left wire fork return - and after that it played great. The layout is fun, the rules & modes are fun, the dots and music are great...the automatic magnet save between the flippers is rad & the skip ramp shot into the satellite dish is satisfying.

wish more games would use the magnet save, Genius!

#40 4 years ago

Apollo
    Twister
    Starship

#41 4 years ago

Need some more posts, surely there are more Sega game lovers out there than this!!

#42 4 years ago

Or possibly Godzilla, Star Ship Troopers, GoldenEye.

#43 4 years ago

Batman forever
    Goldeneye
    And tied for 3rd
    Starship troopers and Baywatch

I like xfiles also it is fast and furious but lacks rule depth IMO

#44 4 years ago

Baywatch
    Apollo 13 (in a draw with) star wars trilogy
    Jp lost world

#45 4 years ago

I just got a Twister a few months ago and I'm loving it. Could use some code tweaks to really be a good game because multiball is way too easy. They should at least make you hit a ramp or take a ride around an orbit before you open the ball lock hole

I also have a SST, and I really wanted to love it, but it's just not doing it for me. I think I'll be selling it soon.

X-files was really fun for a while, but got ultra-repetitive. Still, I love the total feel of the game.

#46 4 years ago

What's Sega (said the old man)? Now if you asked me about Intellivision or Commodore 64, I'd be all over this topic - long live the 80's!

#47 4 years ago

1. Starship Troopers.
    2. Starship Troopers.
    3. Starship Troopers.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Scorch:

I just got a Twister a few months ago and I'm loving it. Could use some code tweaks to really be a good game because multiball is way too easy. They should at least make you hit a ramp or take a ride around an orbit before you open the ball lock hole
    I also have a SST, and I really wanted to love it, but it's just not doing it for me. I think I'll be selling it soon.
    X-files was really fun for a while, but got ultra-repetitive. Still, I love the total feel of the game.

For a some orbit fun, disable the top magnet above the lanes. The ball wont be grabbed and I was able to get multiple orbits in a row. That was really fun!

Of course, at the time I didn’t even know there was a magnet up there that wasn’t working. When I fixed it, the fun decreased a bit because I couldn’t nail several consecutive orbits anymore.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/name-your-top-3-sega-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.