Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 105 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by nosro
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wingbolts.jpg
    shadow_ramps.jpg
    There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 11 years ago

It seems that most popular titles have at least one expensive part that is considered crucial for gameplay but for which replacements are not generally available, except as a big dollar NOS on Ebay. For example, Creature From the Black Lagoon has the hologram.

What other parts are impossible to find for various popular titles? For example, it could be a ramp or a motor. However, we don't need to mention plastics that are purely cosmetic - these always seem to be hard to find (except for the most popular titles) but most of us can live with the problem.

Maybe this list can spur product creators to do something.

#2 11 years ago

I'll add another: the Theatre of Magic trunk motor

#3 11 years ago

The fans for Tommy

#4 11 years ago

Spin out ramp "bowl" for Taxi.
    Pinbot spiral ramp.

#5 11 years ago

Crossover Wire Ramp - Theatre of Magic

#6 11 years ago

Not for ME - but in another thread, someone was looking for replacement parts for the little plastic village in Williams Fire!

#7 11 years ago

Bride of pinbot plastics. Take your pic...

#8 11 years ago

Slot reels and ramps for Whodunnit.

I had to wait two years for slot reels to appear on ebay and then paid an obscene amount for them despite their beaten up condition.

#9 11 years ago

I haven't checked recently but here are some that might still be hard to find:

1) Shadow ramps take a beating if your phurba divertors are not adjusted properly.
    2) Judge Dredd deadworld motor, only choice is sending to Steve Young for a rebuild of your old one
    3) NuCore computer for P2K titles are no longer being sold or made?
    4) Tales from the Crypt complete door handle shooter
    5) White Water topper decal with foiled areas on water fall for chasing light effect

shadow_ramps.jpgshadow_ramps.jpg

#10 11 years ago

Big Shot figure - Dr. Dude. Not to mention most of the plastics.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from mwong168:

3) NuCore computer for P2K titles are no longer being sold or made?

The computer is off the shelf. It's the dongle that is NLA.

#12 11 years ago

Elektra plastics. Looked long and hard the entire time I had the game.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChadTower:

The computer is off the shelf. It's the software that is NLA.

If the guys from nucore didn't want to maintain it I would gladly maintain it going forward.

#14 11 years ago

Mist parts for BSD

BK2K lower wireforms

Bad Cats ramps

Jungle Lord and Pharaoh backglasses

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

If the guys from nucore didn't want to maintain it I would gladly maintain it going forward.

Long story short, undisclosed licensing problems, they no longer distribute the software. They have not answered any questions as to future availability. For now we have to assume it's never coming back.

#16 11 years ago

Fire! molded buildings
    Riverboat Gambler ramps (the red ones)

Chris

#17 11 years ago

Gottlieb armature switch for early wedgeheads.
    Rollergames plastics.
    Time Machine plastic inverted spiral ramp.

Predicting in the future: Rubber pads for the Tron disc...

#18 11 years ago

Wcs ramps

#19 11 years ago

Pumping Heart for Class of 1812....

#20 11 years ago

Topper for Wh20

#21 11 years ago

Solenoid coils for Bally zipper flipper mechanism.
    Steve

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Pumping Heart for Class of 1812....

this would be on my list too!

#23 11 years ago

I'd still like to get the game! (maybe Pinfest)

#24 11 years ago

getaway plastics the only game I own with broken plastics

#25 11 years ago

Ramps for Cyclone.

#26 11 years ago

space station ramp and Station plastic! My ramp looks like it got hit by a meteor!

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from tardis:

getaway plastics the only game I own with broken plastics

Plastics aren't that hard to reproduce oneself if you can get hold of scans of the artwork.

#28 11 years ago

AFM! ...the WHOLE game...

#29 11 years ago

PinBot spiral ramp

#30 11 years ago

Shadow plastics (untill cpr release theirs any day now)
    shadow metal pinion gear revison (replacement for the factory fitted plastic one) only seem to be able to get that from oz

#31 11 years ago

Hey ChadTower. I used to live in Plainville. Bacon St, if IIRC. Don't ask me the house number. It was over 40 years ago and I was 10 at the time.

I have a few skills and a shop full of tools most people don't have access to: lathe, mill, cnc router. I've toyed with the idea of getting a 3D printer, but that will be awhile. And since I don't have a wife to yell at me about what I put in the oven, I've been thinking about trying my hand at some vacuum forming. I've taken some machine shop classes, but my real schooling is electronics, though I haven't worked in it in awhile. I'm pretty much an EM guy.

I'd like nothing better than to make a little beer/racecar money replicating parts, but there would be some limitations. Making a part functional is the easy part. Getting it to look like the original...not so much. Finishes can be tough. While I can probably do some sort of home powder coating scheme, I'd rather not get into plating. The chemicals involved are really nasty and I'm running out of shop room. I guess it depends on how much you want the machine playable, or original/collectible.

Then there's art work and the copyrights involved. While most of these companies are dead and gone, somebody somewhere has the copyrights on the artwork. That could get expensive/messy.

Lastly, I would have to have access to the original part, even if it was the broken one.

If one of you wants to be the guinea pig, PM me a pic of the part you need, preferably with a ruler by it, and we can go from there. Frax, I would like to see that armature switch.

Quoted from spfxted:

AFM! ...the WHOLE game...

Somebody send me one, and I'll get started right away.

#32 11 years ago

Relay board for Balrog on lotr.

#33 11 years ago

Not just Tommy Fans, but the whole fan mech. And the rings for the Shadow. Good lord, the rings. The plastics that go over the outholes on a CFTBL. The little anchors for popeye.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from Kingoftron:

Relay board for Balrog on lotr.

Yep. I had to repair mine myself, thank goodness I got it working again. It's a shame that there's no existing stock of these.

#35 11 years ago

Time Expander plastic on Dr. Who.

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from RudeDogg1:

Shadow plastics (untill cpr release theirs any day now)
    Shadow metal pinion gear revison (replacement for the factory fitted plastic one) only seem to be able to get that from oz

Try Steve at Pinball Resource. I got the pinion from him a few months back. Just call him with the part number and see if he has one left.

#37 11 years ago

LCA bad guy's gun

#38 11 years ago

Clear plastic ramps for both Comet and Cyclone. Cycle jump for Comet.

#39 11 years ago

ES crank piece that works the california/nevada split. My still works, but I've been looking for a spare just in case....

#40 11 years ago

Stargate plastics

JackBot plastics

Please Reply privately if any for sale. New or used.
    Thanks

Jimmy P.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Try Steve at Pinball Resource. I got the pinion from him a few months back. Just call him with the part number and see if he has one left.

I got it from oz but ty

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from BrianZ:

Ramps for Cyclone.

Yes! All the ramps for Cyclone are hard/impossible to find.

#43 11 years ago

Plastic ramps for any Gottlieb / Premier Sys 80b

#44 11 years ago

I was also going to say the coffee cup for Diner, but that is now available!!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diner-coffee-cup-new-reproductions#post-792846

Chris

#45 11 years ago

Drop targets for CC

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from Spybryon:

Plastic ramps for any Gottlieb / Premier Sys 80b

These are better off just re-engineered anyway. Those ramps are like Dixie party cups. Total disposable crap.

#47 11 years ago

Base for largest tower in Medieval Madness.

LTG : )

#48 11 years ago

ST25 subway

#49 11 years ago

MB Frankenstein figure

#50 11 years ago

High Speed bumper caps. Find me a game with non chipped ones. No exact replacements available. Other caps will fit but don't look the same

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/name-unobtainium-parts-for-popular-titles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.