(Topic ID: 80146)

Name this Bulb Contest! ~ Win $50 ~ CONTEST RESULTS!!!

By OLDPINGUY

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 203 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nacelle2.jpg
    quasar.jpg
    188666.jpg
    nacelle.jpg
    toodamn.jpg
    url.gif
    image-932.jpg
    New Bulb.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

With apologies, LLADNIP, Shawn, had Quasar in first and was missed. So he too Will receive a $50 Kit.

A Tie! Two Gold medal winners!

It is with my personal and sincerest Thanks to everyone who took the time to participate.
    I wish to share that I got to know many of you fellow pinsiders a little better this way.

We have some very talented and Brilliant minds among us, ( and a few a bubble off center)

So working Backwards, I wish to start with Humorous then Honorable mentions. These are the entries that got finalized, that 5 people reviewed, and Best represented the "flavor" we were going for.
    I have decided to send a mini kit to the Humorous Entry Winner....You guys were Great! Thanks!

Winning a free $25 Hi Illumination Kit from Comet Pinball as the First Place Winner Only::

In 6th Place "Deadly to Mogwai" by Klogg Monkey (love the movie)
    In 5th Place "Big Lebulbski" by Jediturtle Creative, who could say, "No"
    in 4th Place "Vajazalling Bulbs" by CenterFlank (Bad Boy...I didnt know what this was, but the guys in the office are
    laughing there asses off!)
    In 3rd Place "Brian". "I bet no-one else has bulbs called Brian" by Wizcat (Simple, Brilliant)
    In 2nd Place "Code Updates" by Punkpin ( Over the top...Thanks!)
    and 1st Place Winner is "Ray Charles Night Lights" by Ranhorton (a Little off color, but unanimous!)

Honorable Mention for best name:

3rd Place: "Atomic Bright" from Snowyetti
    2nd Place "Super Nova" from BlondeTall

And the $50 Gift Pack winner is:

1st Place and the Winner, "Quasar" from Darkslide632!
    Short, and to the Point.

My thanks again to everyone, and with your permission and pleasure, I have many new lighting products in the works, and would hope to again.

ART

In our Quest to solve the emails for higher illumination, we have created many New Bulbs and products never seen before.

Our Op-Max are back in stock, providing the highest volume of diffused light and throw. Now with new Bridge Rectifier, and patented parts, to produce an incredible throw of light over 300 degrees!

We have added 6.3V Plug and play strips this week in 3 SMD and 7 SMD, the easiest way to add strips to anywhere
    on your game. Behind your flippers, backsplash, backBox, or GI.

But this New Bulb produces an incredible flood of light! It has two 5630 LED, that are rated for up to 40 Lumens each at 12V. We scaled it nicely to 6.3V, added a neat faceted edge Lens with a slight magnifying top.
    Currently, output has been tested at an insane 50-60 Lumens for the 2 LEDs and combined output.

If one wants more light, or brighter, this is it!

But my problem. I have run out of ideas as to what to call this. I need your help.
    What better way then a Pinside Contest. Simply post the best marketing, or "humorous" name you can think of
    for this new bulb. Winner will be chosen on February 13, 12:00 PM EST.
    The winner will receive, free in the mail, a Free Cross sample section of our New High Illumination Bulbs...
    a $50 value or more of Op-Max, Strips, this bulb, 5 SMD....

I truly appreciate your help. I need to name it for an ad coming up in the New addition of Pinball Magazine, and I have been scratching my head to long.....

Thanks!
    Art

New Bulb.jpgNew Bulb.jpg

#10 10 years ago

in 5 minutes you guys are Great!!! Thumbs up anyone you like too....I hope this wont be too hard..Amazing minds out there! (and a few derranged )

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

never mind the name , where the hell can I buy these ? wow

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2-5630smd.htm

They are introductory priced at $1.59, and our Op-Max at $1.99

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/opmax.htm

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

are they available in 25 pack prices ?

As they are on sale, the 25 Pack would be $1.59 each, when the sale goes off....
    But if anyone does order 25 pieces, Ill add an Op-Max sample....you can request the color in the order notes, or a couple of Tower Flashers, same....I hope that helps.

Thank You everyone, the talent out there is impressive. This might be hard to pick.

#86 10 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

A negative vote?? I would strongly advise against my suggestion for your new product.

I just gave you a thumbs up, and it turned into a thumbs down??? WTF

Something going wrong here...oh wise and powerful Moderators..try a thumbs up...something wrong.

Now it changed back...strange....

Lots of great names, guys, thank you. Keep em coming!

The final name will be used in the next pinball magazine for global distribution!

#96 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

do you have a narrow bulb that will fit through small pf holes yet?

I need a bunch of warm white frosted for SG and RFM.

Whites, in a narrow throat should be in shortly.....we will test, and then add color....a bulb between frosted and clear....
    also, no name yet...

#123 10 years ago

You guys are Great! My head is spinning! (Ok, thats the Meds)

I may give out some honorable mention awards!

My family has been enjoying and laughing at the funny ones!
    Thanks for brightening my Day!
    (next to the Walking Dead coming back...)

#127 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I thumbs up your post and it is sticking. Haven't had any other complaints but I haven't been on today, I'll see if I can find out if something is going on.

Thanks M,
    It was strange. It went thumbs up. Refresh it went thumbs down, refresh it went back up....Who knows?

Quoted from blondetall:

Art- what is the crystal cube RGB one you sent me called? That thing looks awesome in the Ra's Bracelet hole. I need to figure out how to post video so I can put it in the SG thread.

That was a Super-Flux Optic RGB Color change.
    This one?
    http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1-flux.htm

Quoted from Don1:

How many lumens does the brightest option from existing vendors output?

A 4 SMD has an output of 9-12 Lumens, A 5 SMD, CT carries as well, is 20-25 Lumens.
    To the eye, its easier to describe as a 4 SMD, a 5 is like twice as bright, and this appears 3 times as bright as
    a 4 SMD. Of course, distance to object has an affect.

An Op-Max throws wider, but softer....also now around 25 Lumens.

Quoted from epthegeek:

Oh, wait, am I too late?

Not at all. Ill close this Wednesday at noon....gotta get it off to the printers...

#156 10 years ago

Thumbs up for the Extra Effort DarkSlide.....I think someone(s) mentioned earlier...but appreciated!!!

#167 10 years ago

Well, The guys in the office, both under 25, definetly have a different sense of Humor then me!

You guys Rock! THANKS!

#185 10 years ago

Working on closure now.....sorry car trouble at home....few minutes!

#186 10 years ago

It is with my personal and sincerest Thanks to everyone who took the time to participate.
    I wish to share that I got to know many of you fellow pinsiders a little better this way.

We have some very talented and Brilliant minds among us, ( and a few a bubble off center)

So working Backwards, I wish to start with Humorous then Honorable mentions. These are the entries that got finalized, that 5 people reviewed, and Best represented the "flavor" we were going for.
    I have decided to send a mini kit to the Humorous Entry Winner....You guys were Great! Thanks!

Winning a free $25 Hi Illumination Kit from Comet Pinball as the First Place Winner Only:

In 6th Place "Deadly to Mogwai" by Klogg Monkey (love the movie)
    In 5th Place "Big Lebulbski" by Jediturtle Creative, who could say, "No"
    in 4th Place "Vajazalling Bulbs" by CenterFlank (Bad Boy...I didnt know what this was, but the guys in the office are
    laughing there asses off!)
    In 3rd Place "Brian". "I bet no-one else has bulbs called Brian" by Wizcat (Simple, Brilliant)
    In 2nd Place "Code Updates" by Punkpin ( Over the top...Thanks!)
    and 1st Place Winner is "Ray Charles Night Lights" by Ranhorton (a Little off color, but unanimous!)

Honorable Mention for best name:

3rd Place: "Atomic Bright" from Snowyetti
    2nd Place "Super Nova" from BlondeTall

And the $50 Gift Pack winner is:

1st Place and the Winner, "Quasar" from Darkslide632!
    Short, and to the Point.

My thanks again to everyone, and with your permission and pleasure, I have many new lighting products in the works, and would hope to again.

ART

#191 10 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Unsolicited testimonial: I just got my LED's from Comet and they're great. I got the retros and they're nice and bright! One great thing is that the leads wrap all the way to the other side of the bulb, which means they always make good contact. No more spacing them out like other bulbs. Great customer service, as well!

Oh, and one of my favorite avatars on pinside. That baby has had a long frickin' day..

Thank you for your kind words. I do work pretty long hours at this, and strive for the best I/we can to get perfect.
    We do fail sometimes and appreciate everyones patience if we do, but we will always work to your needs.

The worn out baby? my alter ego.

80-100 hour work weeks will do that to you!

Quoted from KloggMonkey:

No joke? I had this weird gut intuition that you would like a Gremlins reference. Fun contest, thanks!

Who doesnt love Gremlins? Or was it my adolescent crush on Phoebe Cates, after coming out of Pool in Fast Times....?? Both, likely.

Ill have to come up with some other ways to give away some bulbs....I sure had a blast keeping up with the posts!

Art

#198 10 years ago
    Quoted from lladnip:

will i did not exactly win, the guy that said it a day later did, he had a pic-

Did I F up?

Ill check in the morning.
    I thought I posted that someone else was first with that, and then went back and didnt see it.

If so, then even better! Another Winner! Ill send you out the same with my apologies!
    Ill amend the post.

I could share a poor me rant, but its been a bit hard on my life this week with illness, 2 deaths, cancer..fun stuff.

Let me eyes rest, and Ill recheck that...again my apologies.

#200 10 years ago

Apologies are due...Old age, bad eyes, and being Dumb....

With apologies, LLADNIP, Shawn, had Quasar in first and was missed. So he too Will receive a $50 Kit.

A Tie! Two Gold medal winners!

My apologies for that oversight.

1 week later
    #203 10 years ago

You are quite welcome...Enjoy finding good spots for them!

The Op-Max and Quasars are selling very well at APE this weekend!

Art

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/name-this-bulb-contest-win-50-in-high-illumination-bulbs-new-from-comet?tu=oldpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.