Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by xraylewis
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    shere.jpg
    image-3.jpg
    image-4.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

I played a pinball game in the early to mid 80's and cannot remember the name of it. At my favorite game room, whenever Black Knight was unavailable I would play this game. I remember it had a large magnet in the center of the playing field, and what looked like lightning bolts or static electricity lines coming out from the center of the magnet area.

Can anyone help?

#2 9 years ago

The only game I can think of is Fireball II, not lightning bolts though.

#3 9 years ago

not playfield but that description sounds like the spirit backglass

image-4.jpgimage-4.jpg
    #4 9 years ago

Addams Family comes to mind, but that was much later.

// Error: Image 414761 not found //
    #5 9 years ago

The Spirit back glass is somewhat the way I remember it, but that is not the game. Thanks for trying.

#6 9 years ago

Here is a list of all the games with magnets from that time.

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?yr=1970-90&ft=magnet&sortby=name&searchtype=advanced

The only one that comes close to your description is a very rare machine from 1973 called Galaxy.

image-3.jpgimage-3.jpg

#7 9 years ago

So is it actually a magnet or is the magnet just artwork?

#8 9 years ago

It had a large magnet in the center, and when I say it had lightning bolts, it was more like static electricity bolts. Like the round sphere that used to sell at Spencer gifts that you touch, and electromagnetic bolts will follow your hand.shere.jpgshere.jpg

#9 9 years ago

When you say "Large Magnet n the center" do you mean a picture of a magnet, or a coil of wire under the playfield?

#10 9 years ago

Pinside managed to get the game I was searching for identified as a Supernova made by Game Plan. I doubt the one you're looking for will remain unidentified for long. There's some knowledgeable people here.

#11 9 years ago

Perhaps your timeframe is off because it sure sounds like Addams Family. It came out in 92

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
    #12 9 years ago
    Quoted from kumbaric:

When you say "Large Magnet n the center" do you mean a picture of a magnet, or a coil of wire under the playfield?

Coil of wire under the PF.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.