New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 57497)

Name pins that have upper flippers with many different shots

By nosro

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

p1060565.jpg

#1 7 years ago

I am having a blast with Judge Dredd. The upper left flipper has three shots (two ramps and one target). The upper right flipper has three shots (one loop, one ramp, and one VUK). That's a total of six different shots with the upper flippers.

Contrast this with machines like High Speed where the upper flipper is almost entirely about hitting a single ramp.

What other machines have upper flippers with lots of different shots?

#2 7 years ago

JP has the Helicopter Pad, Egg, T-Rex Paddock, Turbo Bumpers, etc.

The metallic "ping" sound when you drill the T-Rex Paddock will never grow old.

#3 7 years ago

seawitch has a lot of different shots with the upper flippers

upper left
shot through pops to upper right drop bank
shot to middle drop bank
can pass to upper right flipper
upper right
sweep middle drop bank
inside right orbit off post to pops, that will get spinner build up targets, and upper right drop bank
left orbit shot
lower left drop bank

#4 7 years ago

STTNG - has a few different shots with the upper flipper, i.e., the ramp and several holes like the Advance Rank hole.

#5 7 years ago

I can hit 5 shots off the top flipper on NGG: targets above slam ramp, left ramp, putting green, Bud, and Buzz. Agree that JP's upper flipper is well used. MSF's upper flipper is used to hit multiple letter targets, the sarcophagus, and loop to ice cave. Spiderman's upper flipper is mostly to hit the Venom ramp, but you can also reach Sandman, Doc Oc, and Green Goblin targets from it.

#6 7 years ago

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but F-14 and Big Guns has good upper playfield flipper action.

#8 7 years ago

Tommy has a few from upper left flipper.

#9 7 years ago

Target Alpha.

#10 7 years ago

I disagree on this one. The machine has lots of flippers, but each has a limited number of shots. In the case of the right mini-flipper, there is only a single shot!

#11 7 years ago

FGY upper left flipper hits:
-beer can
-death target (if up)
-monkey jp shot
-stewie targets
-captive ball

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I disagree on this one. The machine has lots of flippers, but each has a limited number of shots. In the case of the right mini-flipper, there is only a single shot!

Wrong! The right flipper has the witch shot, the crystal ball targets, and between the tree bumpers (and maybe one or two other shots, I have not played the game). I also don't think it is a mini-flipper on the right (next to the shooter lane) but a regular Williams/JJP flipper.

Also, the castle playfield has the castle door shot, the rescue targets and the looping shot.

#13 7 years ago

I was thinking of this one. That's a full flipper?? It feels like a mini flipper. Must be an illusion.

p1060565.jpg

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I was thinking of this one. That's a full flipper?? It feels like a mini flipper. Must be an illusion.

You said each flipper has limited number of shots and I commented that there are several shots for two of the upper flippers which clearly is an example of what the original post was asking.

The one flipper in the house mini playfield is an example of a single shot flipper which has no significance to this thread topic.

#15 7 years ago

Haunted House (upper & lower pf)

#17 7 years ago

Swords of Fury has the upper playfield flipper that has a 5-bank of drop targets to shoot at, and the other upper flipper has the ramp, the Ogres Alley u-turn, and the first 5 of the AVENGER spot targets all to shoot for.

#18 7 years ago

Corvette is one of my favorite upper flippers. One shot is a ramp and other is a loop. Both are strong flow shots.

Xmen upper flipper has several shots. Shadow has threesome properly set up, one is an auto bounce to mode start.

#19 7 years ago

Congo upper left flipper:

1. Dual VUK that can either feed ball to AMY or to the pop bumpers
2. Into the volcano for ball lock
3. Into the pops and up the volcano ramp (very hard but I've done it a few times before)
4. Perimeter defenses stand up target

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Corvette is one of my favorite upper flippers. One shot is a ramp and other is a loop. Both are strong flow shots.

+ 1 for corvette!

#22 7 years ago

Pistol Poker has a ton of stuff to shoot for with the upper flipper: 4 standup targets, loop shot, Joker scoop, 2 pop bumpers, Ace of Spades hole, 4 rollover lanes, scoop to/from lower playfield. There's some other stuff up there too, but those can't really be hit directly....

#23 7 years ago

TFTC, Big Hurt, Gladiators, Black Knight, to name a few.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 55.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside