(Topic ID: 101655)

Name of flipper part, and is it available to get at a hardware store?

By practicalsteve

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by practicalsteve
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

277712-i.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Early Bally flipper for EBD

I need the little screw that you tighten with an allen wrench to tighten the flipper bat into place so it wont slip. One of mine is a little stripped. What is it called, and can I get it at a hardware store, or do I need to special order?

#2 5 years ago

set screw; yes. take the old pawl with you to verify fit.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

set screw; yes. take the old pawl with you to verify fit.

with a quickness! thank you sir!!

#4 5 years ago

Steve,

Did you get any of these yet? If so, what size are they? I checked Home Depot but could not find any. Thanks.

#5 5 years ago

Most of the originals seem to be 8-32, but the aftermarket ones are 10-32.

They are pennies each, so you can buy both if you don't have a pawl with you.

Also, they come in Cup Tip and Cone Tip, so be ready for Hardware Store Guy questions.

Finally, you can use a Cap Head Screw rather than a Set Screw

277712-i.jpg

Directions on switching the crappy EBD Linear flippers over to snappier standards here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers/page/11

#6 5 years ago

Thanks. Yup, that's exactly what I did; switched out my Mr/Mrs Pacman flippers to Bally "old" style. Lost a set screw so I need to grab a replacement.

#7 5 years ago

Going today parkway, have been trying to go since the moment I asked the question, but the world seems against me, will let you know.

Excellent info as always vid, will keep all that in mind when I go. I have read through your guide to convert them, but these flippers feel really strong, almost seems unnecessary at this point, I have a bunch of other stuff to work out with this game so I am holding off on that at the moment.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, OH
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 149.00
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 157.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside