Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by calvin12
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Thread title is confusing, but I'm trying to think of games where shots you make count against those you're playing against.

I think that BTTF had something along those lines, but I can't recall exactly.

Are there others?

#2 9 years ago

Rocky and Bullwinkle (score swap)
Police Force (Score swap)

Not sure if that's in the exact vein of what you're asking..

#3 9 years ago

Yeah, those are great - I've never played either of them!

I'm just looking for anything along those lines, as it doesn't seem like a feature that is often employed, and I think if done right in modern games could be a really interesting dimension to add.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

rocky and bullwinkle (score swap)
Police Force (Score swap)
Not sure if that's in the exact vein of what you're asking..

I don't think Police Force is a score swap, I think it's a score match. You're score gets bumped up to the highest opponent's score and their's stays the same.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

I don't think Police Force is a score swap, I think it's a score match. You're score gets bumped up to the highest opponent's score and their's stays the same.

Okay, it's still a critical failure of software, IMO. Completely asinine that you can bury someone on balls 1 and 2 then they make one timed shot to match your score? Why even bother playing balls 1 and 2?

#6 9 years ago

There are no games that I am aware of that take away points other than the roulette machine on Whodunnit and that only takes away the active players points, not the opponents.

As far as shots counting against opponents. On 2 player Joust if you complete a target bank it will reset both your bank and your opponents bank so that they lose their progress towards finishing the bank.

#7 9 years ago

Not for oponents, but you own score (and balls)

SpeakEasy (4) roulettewheel can subtract or add a ball.
There is also an sacrifice button (subtract 250.000 points) to reset cards

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

There are no games that I am aware of that take away points other than the roulette machine on Whodunnit and that only takes away the active players points, not the opponents.
As far as shots counting against opponents. On 2 player Joust if you complete a target bank it will reset both your bank and your opponents bank so that they lose their progress towards finishing the bank.

I think teed off has a score loss feature, but that effects your score not the opponents.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/name-games-that-take-away-points-from-opponents and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.