(Topic ID: 170935)

Name a brand or product that exceeded your expectations

By hardware

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

S54 Exploded (resized).jpg
    s54b32 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 11.45.44 AM (resized).png
    ranger (resized).jpg
    IMG_0415 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0414 (resized).PNG
    Hyperlite (resized).jpg
    ar9 (resized).jpg
    dh500 (resized).jpg
    david-transparent (resized).jpg
    IMG_0380 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0600 (resized).JPG
    nuwave (resized).jpg
    CQpJc9oVAAAB6Zy.0 (resized).png
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2628 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hardware.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

It's too common these days to buy something and be disappointed almost immediately from some kind of quality issue. I'm hoping to get to get some good feedback on products that actually deserve our hard earned money.

The first thing that comes to mind for me is The North Face. I've seen this brand name around for a long time before I ever bought their products.

Dec 2012 I purchased a TriClimate Phere Jacket for $135 (retail was $220). Up til that point I was wearing a Vans winter jacket I purchased in 1999 so I was "due" for something new. I rolled the dice because of the sale price. Blown away with the jacket, it always keeps you warm and dry. Since then I also acquired a pair of boots, beanie and more recently a pullover hoodie. The quality of this brand in my mind is simply unbelievable. The best part is that 3 of the 4 I purchased on a sale so I paid almost 50% off on average, the beanie was a gift.

The hoodie was $18 through Cabella's. Warmest hoodie I ever owned hands down and the quality is just perfect. You don't see a single thread sticking out of the thing.

Sorry, I actually get excited when a company delivers what you are paying for.

What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of your best recent purchase?

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Is it sad that I really want to participate in this thread but am struggling to think of something. Either my expectations are way to high or .....

Not sad, it's reality and why I created this post. It's seriously rare to be 100% satisfied with a purchase. At least for me it is.

One other product I started using heavily about 8 years ago is called Optimum No Rinse. There is only one negative and I'm being picky. The smell attracts bugs right after you wash. Check out reviews though, usually 5/5 across the board on that stuff.

optimum-norinse-32oz (resized).jpgoptimum-norinse-32oz (resized).jpg

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from mswhat:

Rain X windshield washer fluid. This stuff is the best during our salt encrusted a Northeast Ohio winters. It works so much better than the cheap blue stuff.

I'll be checking this out in PA. this winter, thanks!

#51 7 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Dyson... I hated that smug british guy (It took me 700 prototypes to get it right). Got tired of crappy vacuums, ended up with a $1200 Kirby. Built like a tank, but then brushes started getting noisy. Then a few strands of hair got caught up in the entry and because it spins so fast the hairs acted like a weed wacker and tore a hole in the hose. Fed up, I saw a Dyson canister vaccuum on woot.com for $299. Figured I'd give it a try, it works flawlessly, cleans well, easy to clean, built tough. So then I started seeing those fans on woot, the ones with the cooler / heater. Bought one for $199, again loved it so much bought a second (one for bedroom, one for living room). It's efficient, quiet, easy to clean (wipe the blade, blow out the intake holes of dust).

I'm a believer! I bought a refurbed DC41 Animal for $200. First thing I did was vacuumed the living room and hallway with the existing vacuum. Then went over it again with the Dyson. I'm a weirdo. I was so impressed I texted a picture of the results to my girlfriend at the time.

19284979059_24b3e0dcf1_o (resized).jpg19284979059_24b3e0dcf1_o (resized).jpg

#74 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Did you vacuum someone's hair off their head?

I couldn't believe that stuff came out of the carpet after I just vacuumed it.

#88 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jgaltr56:

My iPhone 4S back in 2011. I finally made my first Apple purchase after suffering through all the problems with my Samsung Galaxy. It was a breath of fresh air. Now fast forward 5 years later I'm thinking I should replace my iPhone 6 but I don't know what to get. I feel like Apple has gone downhill since Jobs left the planet. First world problems. What would you do?

I had the first, 4 and now 5S. Each lasted at least 3 years. In my opinion we are past the point of being blown away with cell phones. When I bought the 5S there was zero excitement for me. Even though the fingerprint scanner was high tech.

I'd like a 7 plus so I can get rid of my 5s and iPad. One device is enough for me.

#96 7 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

Primera CD/DVD duplicators. Probably not a big market for them on Pinside, but they are a top notch company. Their customer service can't be beat.
    I've owned the Primera Bravo and the 4100. Still blown away by the support they provide for their products.

That reminds me. I purchased their disc destroyer called DS 360 over 10 years ago. They stopped making it shortly after I bought it and honestly I figured they went out of business. This thing destroyed thousands of discs and keeps going strong. I've used other products before that didn't last 12 months. This is now used a a paper shredder for the most part as I haven't burned a disc in a long time. This product was a winner and it makes me wonder why they didn't stick with it.

destroyer (resized).jpgdestroyer (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #114 7 years ago

Just used this on a bicycle I bought in 2000. This can was never used and probably bought around that time. Sitting around for 15 years didn't affect it. Does a great job on chrome.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hardware.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/name-a-brand-or-product-that-exceeded-your-expectations?tu=hardware and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.