(Topic ID: 170935)

Name a brand or product that exceeded your expectations

By hardware

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

S54 Exploded (resized).jpg
    s54b32 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 11.45.44 AM (resized).png
    ranger (resized).jpg
    IMG_0415 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0414 (resized).PNG
    Hyperlite (resized).jpg
    ar9 (resized).jpg
    dh500 (resized).jpg
    david-transparent (resized).jpg
    IMG_0380 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0600 (resized).JPG
    nuwave (resized).jpg
    CQpJc9oVAAAB6Zy.0 (resized).png
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2628 (resized).JPG

There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 7 years ago
    Quoted from scylla:

Schlange keyless lock for exterior doors. My husband was like "blah, blah, blah, no need to carry a key, blah, blah, blah". I thought it was completely unnecessary and useless. Turned out to be life-changing. LOVE IT.

Anybody else see a keyhole on this 'keyless' lock ?

#102 7 years ago
    Quoted from schwarz:

My vote for best winter tire.

I like the Nokian's better

#103 7 years ago
    Quoted from EdisonArcade:

This was worth every single penny!
    We started with a standard Beautyrest years ago, and it seemed nice-cured my hip problem.
    Then we recently got a Black and it is incredible.

A good bed sure is great. I bought a full latex bed and half my health issues seemed to vanish. Back pain gone.

#104 7 years ago
    Quoted from Drenden:

I like the Nokian's better

They are Nokian.

#105 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

Not wanting to start a rower vs rower thread, but the quality and service of the Waterrower company is crazy good. Purchased this over a Concept because of the sound difference.

My gym has one of these and I have a concept at home (concept was purchased by significant other but I sometimes use it). I like the concept better - maybe because I'm used to it? Couldn't find the same rhythm with the water one (although it looks about a million times cooler). I think I wasn't adjusting it correctly or something...

As an aside - while my rowing technique leaves a lot to be desired - everyone else at my gym who I've seen use it massively sucks. Bad form central.

#106 7 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

Anybody else see a keyhole on this 'keyless' lock ?

Ha ha - yes, needs a key in case the battery ever runs out. However I've never used a key in five years...

#107 7 years ago
    Quoted from scylla:

Ha ha - yes, needs a key in case the battery ever runs out. However I've never used a key in five years...

They actually do make a keyless version. I believe it is supposed to be more secure, but I like having the option to use a key if necessary.

#108 7 years ago

Not a recent purchase but 20 years later I can say this product has well exceeded my expectations.

Weber (resized).jpegWeber (resized).jpeg

#110 7 years ago

DirectTv

Almost any Costco Kirkland product

#111 7 years ago
    Quoted from scylla:

My gym has one of these and I have a concept at home (concept was purchased by significant other but I sometimes use it). I like the concept better - maybe because I'm used to it? Couldn't find the same rhythm with the water one (although it looks about a million times cooler). I think I wasn't adjusting it correctly or something...
    As an aside - while my rowing technique leaves a lot to be desired - everyone else at my gym who I've seen use it massively sucks. Bad form central.

Agree on this I actually had the water rower first and had to dump it in favor of the crossfit staple Concept 2 .

1 week later
    #112 7 years ago

I was using the mouth and nose only 3M mask and was still getting some faint vapor smell. I just purchased

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A1BCYC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

The protection and comfort are a lot better. No smell whatsoever. The release mechanism is a LOT better too.

#113 7 years ago

Pinside

#114 7 years ago

Just used this on a bicycle I bought in 2000. This can was never used and probably bought around that time. Sitting around for 15 years didn't affect it. Does a great job on chrome.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#116 7 years ago

Dark roast Peets coffee

#117 7 years ago

Stihl chainsaws. I give them the post-Hurricane Matthew seal of approval.

#118 7 years ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:

Stihl chainsaws

Echo are good too, but I'm biased. The timberwolf CS-590 is a great bang for buck.

#119 7 years ago

Ingo Kramer's Twilight Zone Clock board and Bill Ung's Saucer mod for Attack From Mars.

The build quality on these is outstanding.

1 week later
    #120 7 years ago

PDI glass.
    Oh and Dyson products.

#121 7 years ago

Sebo X4 vacuum. I used to think my Miele upright did a good job, but this thing is on another level.

Eric Morris door hardware and hinges.

Aasmco Hybrid LED light bulbs.

Wilson A-2000 baseball gloves.

John Lobb shoes.

#122 7 years ago

Redmax brand weedeater.I bought it 18 years ago and I still use it today.What a great buy.
    Now that being said they may not make them like they used to.

#123 7 years ago

This stuff.

IMG_1300 (resized).JPGIMG_1300 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
    #124 7 years ago

Ninja coffee bar system:

Have used a keurig for about the past 8 years (went through 3 of them). This last one still worked, but coffee always tasted crappy (even though we stopped using throw away pods and used the re-usable basket and our own grinds). Thought about buying the $200 OXO because it has infusion drip and highly rated. Then the Ninja commercial popped up which seemed to be the same thing, but also had a motorized frother that swings out on the left, and had adjustments for various blends. First morning using it and it's the first homebrew coffee I've had that didn't taste bitter.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ninja-coffee-bar-10-cup-coffeemaker-black-stainless/5578138.p?skuId=5578138

ninja_coffee_bar (resized).jpgninja_coffee_bar (resized).jpg

#125 7 years ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:

Stihl chainsaws. I give them the post-Hurricane Matthew seal of approval.

Yes yes yes, Had my same chain saw for over 20 years requiring only routine maint. I burn wood & this has been the most reliable saw ever.

#126 7 years ago
    Quoted from albummydavis:

DirectTv
    Almost any Costco Kirkland product

Good ones!

Speaking of Costco they carry Boulder Laundry Detergent, which does a great job while not only being cheaper than "leading brand" detergents but it is also environmentally friendly. Good stuff!

I recently upgraded to an LG V20 mobile phone and I found it more than refreshing to finally have a phone with all kinds of useful features that are missing from other premium phones: Swappable Battery. MicroSD card expandability. Wide angle camera lens. Quad-DAC audio quality (both playback and recording). IR Blaster. They gave a free pair of B&O earplugs just to accentuate the phone's audio quality. None of that is in an iPhone.

And back to pinball: Escalera hand truck. What an amazing device for moving games up/down stairs.

#127 7 years ago

not really pinball stuff but...

Colt M4A1

GetImage (resized).jpgGetImage (resized).jpg

http://www.colt.com/Catalog/Military/Products/Colt-M4-Carbine

#128 7 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Ninja coffee bar system:
    Have used a keurig for about the past 8 years (went through 3 of them). This last one still worked, but coffee always tasted crappy (even though we stopped using throw away pods and used the re-usable basket and our own grinds). Thought about buying the $200 OXO because it has infusion drip and highly rated. Then the Ninja commercial popped up which seemed to be the same thing, but also had a motorized frother that swings out on the left, and had adjustments for various blends. First morning using it and it's the first homebrew coffee I've had that didn't taste bitter.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ninja-coffee-bar-10-cup-coffeemaker-black-stainless/5578138.p?skuId=5578138

Thank you for sharing this...Gift solved!

Others posted pillows, and I hate to give advice here but feel I should.
    Look into your pillow. Too much Sleep apnea diagnosis for middle age on, and gosh is this so important.
    I ended up with 3 pillows I put into one.
    Thin foam bottom, with contour cutout for my arm under the pillow, curved memory foam pillow,
    and then a heavy layer of Buckwheat or Sobaquwa?
    The buckwheat conforms to the curve below, and my head keeping cool. The counter in the middle is neck support, and the bottom is angled for my neck and throat to breath without a Cpap, and my hand under the pillow if I wish.
    Just my way, but a thought for other seniors or neck back sufferers, that it could be your pillow!

#129 7 years ago

SVS home theater subwoofers. The first serious sub I bought for watching movies. It replaced a 12" Cerwin-Vega powered sub and I was blown away by the difference. I had to caulk a bunch of the windows in my house because of all the rattling that I didn't get with the other sub. It was tuned at 20 Hz so I was able to get some feel with with my LFE channel.

I later upgraded to what I have now which has two 12" speakers and a 1000 Watt amp. I've had this thing for 12 years now and still love the bass in every movie I watch. My wife HATES when I watch movies in the garage now because it shakes the living room. I try to be considerate most of the time, but certain movies just have to be blasted. I can play this thing at reference volume and it doesn't break a sweat. When I first bought it I saw my neighbor while letting my dogs out, she asked how I was and told I was happy with the new sub I just bought. "What's a sub?" she asked. "It gives you the low frequencies for explosions, rumbles of earthquakes, etc when watching a movie. " "Oh, that's what's been shaking things in my house." I was asking things in my neighbor's house! Awesome. Just awesome.

I can't say anything bad about these subs. I haven't had any of their other products to speak on them, but their subs are awesome.

#130 7 years ago

Weber Smokey Mountain 22"
    http://www.weber.com/grills/series/smokers

I've had this over a year and love it. Good quality for the buck. Cost a good bit less than the ceramic Green Egg, but well made and cooks with ease.

Also they have a great online community where you get tips for the exact item you own.
    http://virtualweberbullet.com/

#131 7 years ago

Toyota....250k miles easy without issues

#132 7 years ago

Well my $14.88 Mr. Coffee maker has held up well and brews a great pot of coffee. Talk about bang for your buck, simple but efficient. I have never had one break, when it gets old and crusty we just throw away and buy a new one. Also found some good coffee at Costco-Organic Costa Rica Blend finely ground using number three setting.

Mr. Coffee.jpgMr. Coffee.jpg

#133 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Well my $14.88 Mr. Coffee maker has held up well and brews a great pot of coffee. Talk about bang for your buck, simple but efficient. I have never had one break, when it gets old and crusty we just throw away and buy a new one. Also found some good coffee at Costco-Organic Costa Rica Blend finely ground using number three setting.

That's not Mr. Coffee......this is the only real Mr. coffee
    IMG_2628 (resized).JPGIMG_2628 (resized).JPG

#134 7 years ago

Dualit toasters.
    Built to last, perfect toast.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#136 7 years ago

CQpJc9oVAAAB6Zy.0 (resized).pngCQpJc9oVAAAB6Zy.0 (resized).png

Microsoft Surface Pro. I started with the Surface Pro (1st gen) years ago and now have the Pro 4 16b 1TB and it destroys every single product apple has to offer. Way to go Microsoft, Surface Studio coming soon and good bye apple

#137 7 years ago

Milwaukee power tools
    iPad mini and iMac
    Carhartt work clothes
    Yamaha motocross YZ or YZF
    LG HD TV's
    Just to name a few

#138 7 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Milwaukee power tools

Is only made in China now.

#139 7 years ago

Flexsteel furniture
    Sleep Number bed
    Run-DMD clock
    Hunter ceiling fans (literally have had the same one on 24/7 for 16 years in our bedroom - helps regulate the temp with the vailted ceilings)
    Stihl power equipment

#140 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spock:

Is only made in China now.

still designed just west of milwaukee. There's one company in china that makes nearly every drill now so that's a moot point. It's not in the manufacturing, it's in the design. The M18 series are pretty durable, but if you overheat the battery it goes into a weird fault mode. I had to send a drill in once while drilling steel on high speed 2 setting

#141 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spock:

Microsoft Surface Pro. I started with the Surface Pro (1st gen) years ago and now have the Pro 4 16b 1TB and it destroys every single product apple has to offer. Way to go Microsoft, Surface Studio coming soon and good bye apple

I recently purchased a Surface book for work and am very pleased with the quality and design.

#142 7 years ago

Lowe's brand spray paint....."Valspar".

#143 7 years ago

Stern Pinball.

Just kidding.

#144 7 years ago

LG HDTVs.

I've had other brands fail after a couple years, but LG stuff just seems to keep on chugging well past the warranty period.

#145 7 years ago

AmpliFi HD mesh wi-fi router.

For the last few years I've had "OK" wireless coverage in the house using a Cisco router in the basement (where the interweb cable enters the house) and a Linksys on the first floor in bridge mode. Installed the AmpliFi HD last month (router in the basement, one mesh point on first floor and another on the second) and the coverage, speed and stability is just amazing.

One (enormous) caveat - there is currently no http interface (it's 'coming soon'); all configuration currently has to be done via the iOS/Android app.

#146 7 years ago

Greenworks lithium powered lawn equipment! I bought their electric mower a couple years ago and it works great. It holds two batteries which combined last over an hour....which is just enough for my yard. 2 hours to fully charged.

No oil to change, no gas, no exhaust and way quieter than a gas mower.

I now have their edger, blower, and the tree limb pruner which is super awesome. That thing will cut down small trees! All use the same 40volt lithium batteries and I rotate between three of them.

#147 7 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

still designed just west of milwaukee. There's one company in china that makes nearly every drill now so that's a moot point. It's not in the manufacturing, it's in the design. The M18 series are pretty durable, but if you overheat the battery it goes into a weird fault mode. I had to send a drill in once while drilling steel on high speed 2 setting

My bad, I honestly thought they closed everything and relocated to China. That's nice to hear at least some of the products are still made in Wisconsin.

#148 7 years ago

nuwave (resized).jpgnuwave (resized).jpg

#149 7 years ago

Snap Lock Industries' Race Deck flooring.

This stuff is designed for garages and pool decks, but we used it in our basement. Made in the USA, easy installation, durable, plastic flooring. Will not get destroyed if there is a water issue like our Pergo did.

www.snaplock.com
    www.racedeck.com

Their Customer Service was absolutely top notch as well. 2 of the 23 boxes we got had damage to 3 of the 12 pieces. Called them up, no questions whatsoever, and had 2 new boxes sent to me overnight on their dime. Quality products and a quality company.

Chris

#150 7 years ago

Allure Vinyl Flooring.

Cost next to nothing, installation is a breeze, looks great, and holds up to tremendous punishment. I have tile and hardwoods in my own home, but have installed Allure in my rental properties. It's been a HUGE upgrade compared to the repulsive laminate you find in some of these older kitchens, and they come in a large range of finishes that make matching existing hardwoods easy.

There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/name-a-brand-or-product-that-exceeded-your-expectations/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.