(Topic ID: 199179)

Name 2 remakes you would buy and why??!?

By DEN

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Nepi23
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Whitch 2 remakes would you buy, and why??

1: T2, my favorite theme, such a cool pin, but was very popular back in the 90s, T2s are worn today, not easy to find them in nice condition.
T2, i would order it asap.

2: monsterbash, such a fun pin, must buy/keeper for me. In really good condition, price much higher then nibs today.

#2 6 years ago

Well I bought my First 2 favorites MMR and AFMR Le, So my next 2 are MB and CC!!

#3 6 years ago

MB - My fav game ever
BBB - It's just beautiful

#4 6 years ago

MM and AFM would be my choices actually!

#5 6 years ago

TRON - because I'd like a new and updated (LED) one

Scared Stiff - ditto

#6 6 years ago

There is only one for me...KINGPIN!! Long live the Kingpin.

#7 6 years ago

TRON and MB. I like my chances...

#8 6 years ago

BBB and Kingpin because they're cool and I can't afford them.
Honorable mention: TBL

#9 6 years ago

WOOLY ( please Scott and Frank)
BBB (with refined code)

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

WOOLY ( please Scott and Frank)
BBB (with refined code)

Excellent choices

#11 6 years ago

Stargazer. It's about the only remade game I'd open my wallet for.

#12 6 years ago

Who has got the rights to Big Bang Bar? Did get remade once, shouldn't be hard to do it again
Unless it was limited edition and not to mess with current owners "pin value"

Becouse remakes dumps the high pricess allright.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Who has got the rights to Big Bang Bar? Did get remade once, shouldn't be hard to do it again

It was less of a remake as much as it was using the original parts to finish making a run of games.

#14 6 years ago

Taxi
Funhouse
really any of those mid to late 80's alpha-numeric display games -> WW, ES, F14, BK2000, Diner, HS

#15 6 years ago

Oh, and I can think of a number of game I would love to see remade. But none at the current prices.

#16 6 years ago

Quicksilver: it's the best of the old Stersn and hard to find

Kingpin: Love me some Mark Ritchie pins and it's a travesty this wasn't released

#17 6 years ago

TOTAN with upgraded code to make it deeper, TBL

#18 6 years ago

Monster Bash and Fathom would get me!

#20 6 years ago

Monster Bash and King Kong
Than Kingpin if I get a third choice

#21 6 years ago

Capcom's Kingpin is the only remake I will buy.
I can't afford 50k+ to buy an original and even if I could good luck finding one for sale.

#22 6 years ago

Champion Pub, Tron, and Twilight Zone.

#23 6 years ago

I have no reason to buy any remakes when so many nice examples of the originals are still in existence.

#24 6 years ago
#25 6 years ago

AFMr sold me with that awesome extra large display.

If they brought the large display to MMr, I'd probably be game. Without it, I would not.

Pinball Circus and Zingy Bingy, because it would be hilarious to see someone actually DO Zingy Bingy for real instead of just having one out there.

Quoted from o-din:

I have no reason to buy any remakes when so many nice examples of the originals are still in existence.

That was my opinion until I saw/played the AFMr with the extra-large screen and re-done high-res graphics. Wow.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

I think the problem with the Capcom ones was the board sets. Gene had x number of Capcom boards and made as many pins around those board sets as he could.

#28 6 years ago

TAF
CC
RfM
Wizard Blocks

#29 6 years ago

AFM and MM are my favorites. I think they made the right decision on the first 2 remakes.

Of the remaining games I would choose MB and BBB.

#30 6 years ago

In no particular order....

Cactus Canyon
Kingpin
Monster Bash
Big Bang Bar

After seeing and playing the Attack From Mars remake, I'm interested in many more titles!

#31 6 years ago

Remakes identical like the original or enhanced like speacil editions?

Monster Bash
Adams Family

Also some newer style pins like

The Simpson's Pinball Party
South Park

#32 6 years ago

Funhouse 2.0

#33 6 years ago

Centaur and Fathom. With the prices that these fetch in nice condition, it just might be economical to re-run them.

#35 6 years ago

Shack attack and Shaq attac....

#36 6 years ago

Monsterbash
TOTAN

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Shack attack and Shaq attac....

I will see your Shaq.....and raise you Raven

Tron
TAF

#38 6 years ago

It seems like we're WAY overdue for a new South Park game. There's been massive new material released since the SEGA pin.

#39 6 years ago

The Addams Family (TAF)
Eight Ball Deluxe

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I will see your Shaq.....and raise you Raven
Tron
TAF

I might have to fold if you have the alternate hottie translite.

#41 6 years ago

I would keep it at Tron. Maybe MB but not a given.

#42 6 years ago

Fun to se the interrest of classic Ballys from 1980-82. I don't think they will remake those, but mannnnn it would be great to but a nib fathom/ebd/embryon/flash gordon/frontier/xenon. Those classics are marvelous multiplayer pins.

Some writes tz,ij, sttng those are still easy to find in europe, taf is often worn out yes.

#43 6 years ago

MB and TZ

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Fun to se the interrest of classic Ballys from 1980-82. I don't think they will remake those, but mannnnn it would be great to but a nib fathom/ebd/embryon/flash gordon/frontier/xenon. Those classics are marvelous multiplayer pins.
Some writes tz,ij, sttng those are still easy to find in europe, taf is often worn out yes.

Ah, yes. If we're dreaming, a Williams Indy remake with the stereo sound, a giant color screen and high res re-done graphics like AFMr would be grand.

#45 6 years ago

I think IJ already has one of, if not the best color dmd graphics. 3 video modes and detailed animations. Pin sound board will also give you updated stereo sound.

Quoted from PinMonk:Ah, yes. If we're dreaming, a Williams Indy remake with the stereo sound, a giant color screen and high res re-done graphics like AFMr would be grand.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

I think IJ already has one of, if not the best color dmd graphics. 3 video modes and detailed animations. Pin sound board will also give you updated stereo sound.

But a much LARGER screen and those graphics re-drawn at higher res like AFMr would be even more stunning. That AFMr screen has converted me. A remade Indy with that and stereo sound would be amazing.

#47 6 years ago

Dmd on a remade indy?? No a real lcd screen with real clips from the movies would be great, drop the dots from the 90s
Indy is maby the best oldie to have a lcd screen. T2 would be awesome with Arnold clips.
Im lovinit it on my star wars le.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Dmd on a remade indy?? No a real lcd screen with real clips from the movies would be great, drop the dots from the 90s
Indy is maby the best oldie to have a lcd screen. T2 would be awesome with Arnold clips.
Im lovinit it on my star wars le.

I don't know about others, but I would prefer to keep the dots of the original, just in higher res on a jumbo screen like AFMr has. Playing clips from the movies seems cheap.

#49 6 years ago

Have you tryed star wars le, playing the clips really makes the theme complete. It works.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Have you tryed star wars le, playing the clips really makes the theme complete. It works.

But that's not a remake. The dots for Indy exist and are well-loved. Using movie clips instead would change the feel of the game, IMO.

And not a huge fan of the video integration on Star Wars. I think Hobbit, while a poor game, handles video integration much better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/name-2-remakes-you-would-buy-and-why and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.