IMG_8990 (resized).jpg
IMG_8989 (resized).jpg
IMG_8987 (resized).jpg
IMG_8986 (resized).jpg
4A2E2E15-C02E-421A-B973-C9AA33ADCDED (resized).jpeg
E4F0312D-8287-4BFC-9CDC-5B4D016A23F3 (resized).jpeg
2F885428-248A-482E-A8E7-3DD32C2DF75E (resized).jpeg
496B797C-FCC1-483E-AB80-96466886A698 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spudgunman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 4 years ago

Heads up I can image hard disks, and provide a lot of tech support to repair these pm me if I don’t respond here to request for support. Have a few units on route.

Additionally I can change art and music. If an artist were to work with me on TBL art I can apply it to the game and release a image.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Oh please oh please like a child on Christmas morning! Hoping he will work with you!

It’s anyone I haven’t found an artist - some day I might hack up something but right now need an artist who is willing to work on a reboot or side project whatever I can handle the technical.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I've had some good luck hiring freelancers on fiverr.com. In the case of my projects, the prices were lower than I expected too.

Really needs a dedicated fan

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

You'd be surprised. And considering how little $ some of the artists request, particularly for early concept work, I was hiring 3 at a time and choosing the one I liked best.

I will PM you

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I looked into these years ago on KLOV. They couldn’t give them away because there is a fatal flaw with the hard drive where it crashes and there’s no way to repair it. The fix from Namco was super pricey. And even the fix would do the same. The KLOV guys all shied away from them. Otherwise, I would have grabbed one. Maybe things have changed, but “caveat em pour”

I can fix them quite well.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

$200 from Namco

or PM me

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Looking for advice ? I just bought one a few months back and when starting the game it shut itself off ? So I took out all the boards / tray and sent them to namco
Completely gone through and installed them. Fired her up played a few games and once again shuts down ? Getting bummed here , games mint with over $2K
In it Any advice ? About ready to sell it

99% chance overheat issue, PM me I can do a full rework and upgrade on it or find someone good with PC's and tell them to rebuild the heat sync and all fans on the unit. also mind the aluminum that might have melted and fix it.

1 month later
#143 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Can you update this system (serial number 384) to usb dongle harddrive?
P4M800-M
I thought this motherboard (earlier version?) may not be able to be updated?
[quoted image]

yes pm

#144 3 years ago
Quoted from Bennyv07:

I’d be more than happy to help with the artwork. Unfortunately, i don't own this pedestal bowler personally, so i would need the specifics on what the image/elements size would be and any other info you have.

To anyone who wants this game to have TBL art - I can help with the nerd parts but really you need the game and want to love to do this, I might try to do it some day but I need time which I can’t spend right now on this, but I can work with a fellow hobby friend (likely you reading this ) who has the game and smarts to use things like Winscp .. I can teach the rest if we make a good product ... I can kick up a discord server and we can open source this a bit ...

Pm me if your serious .. i can chat details that right now I don’t want public..

I redid one game for sale here in this thread ( I fix a lot of them ) and I put a hard disk in it that would be perfect for anyone who wishes to seriously start this journey ... the seller/owner can confirm this with a photo of the attract screen with a cowboy lower corner and ..it speaks for its self as proof that I’m not goofin he has the only public copy I know of ...and I am happy to share ..pm please I don’t check here often

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Thank you . I'll post video of the latest version on Youtube soon. Feel free to take all the inspiration you need and improve on it. It was a fun project.
Sorry to horn in on the thread today.

Bravo. Seriously bravo, you inspired me.

Edit to clarify I don’t have some secrets that are not public here. My bravo is to the art ... it’s legit respect.

2 weeks later
#148 3 years ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

The whole artwork package and music file structure is very rudimentary. If you just mount the /bowl volume and look in /bowl/data/art and /bowl/sounds, you'll see that's where all the assets live. If it would be easier for someone if I just extracted the assets and give them a link, I can assist with that. There is a signature.dat file in the root of the /bowl folder, but I looked into that at all at this point.
Just spot checking things, it appears that:
All the music is 2 channel, 44.1kHz, and encoded in OGG format @ 1411kbps bitrate
All sound effects are 2 channel, 44.1kHz, and encoded in PCM S16BE format
All artwork is in Truevision TGA (.TGA) format
I have no issues opening or editing these file formats on a Windows 10 based PC using paint.net and Audacity. Getting revised copies of these back over to Bowl-o-Rama is a trivial process. I just don't know if the game will complain that the files don't pass some sort or security / CRC check afterwards.

None works fine - keep the song names the same as original code

#151 3 years ago
Quoted from MLmotorsport:

Just picked up one of these over the weekend (home version, no coin door) but had to take the table off of the unit to fit it in the vehicle. I didn't have to unhook very much but took some pics for reference just in case. I thought I got everything hooked backed in correctly but it will not power on. No computer noises, nada. There are a number of plugs that were not used but this one that's pictured seems like it might be needed. Any thoughts?
[quoted image][quoted image]

The caps look bad and should be replaced. Bios battery commonly fail and so the power on resume feature of the PC can fail. If you short the power jumper On MB, you can power it on - if you didn’t know what that is without google.. ask for help.

If that didn’t work then check the power supply rocker switch could have got flipped. ( I personally don’t like to power on motherboards with caps that look like that so...)

check ac power

The ATX power supply caps could also be bad, can pull and bench test.

That extra plug is not used - there will be a few unused power supply cables.

4 months later
#173 3 years ago

You can buy new plastic parts from namco for the ash trays. I am out of them now but had a ton.

In a pinch the bottom dish of a terracotta pot fits in there real nice (saw this on a unit once haha)

I’m still out here restoring the games, just did a cap replacement for a dude In the thread here.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spudgunman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/namco-rockin-bowl-o-rama-?tu=Spudgunman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.