(Topic ID: 344325)

Barrels of Fun Pinball- Labyrinth pinball. HYPE thread!

By Haymaker

4 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,247 posts
  • 457 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by drypaint
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4163 (resized).jpeg
boo.gif
IMG_0993 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0979 (resized).png
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0934 (resized).jpeg
bof_topper.pdf (PDF preview)
20D6DB34-A5C3-44DA-993A-E85D8D885836 (resized).jpeg
Labyrinth-david-bowie-40642230-245-245.gif
Screenshot 2024-01-17 131915 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-17 132314 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-17 131915 (resized).png
IMG_20231225_125805 (resized).jpg
Labyrinth lunchbox (resized).jpg
hold.gif

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 65.
#2901 83 days ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Well, what do you want described specifically?

Specifically I said playability and longevity..it’s a what I asked above.
Edit* how about flow and immersion? I know these aren’t necessarily specific aspects but they define a good machine from a great one

#2902 82 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Specifically I said playability and longevity..it’s a what I asked above.
Edit* how about flow and immersion? I know these aren’t necessarily specific aspects but they define a good machine from a great one

Lab flows better than Lebowski for sure. You're not going to get a lot of multi shot combos on TBL. Both are well integrated with the theme and both utilize assets perfectly. Both have multiple ways to play and score points that are rewarding to novice and advance players. Multiple ways to get multiball on both as well. The bowling alley on TBL is by far one of the best “game within a game” mechs. I don’t see either leaving my collection any time soon. Hope that helps and is what you are looking for.

#2903 82 days ago

Lab flows better than Lebowski for sure. You're not going to get a lot of multi shot combos on TBL. Both are well integrated with the theme and both utilize assets perfectly. Both have multiple ways to play and score points that are rewarding to novice and advance players. Multiple ways to get multiball on both as well. The bowling alley on TBL is by far one of the best “game within a game” mechs. I don’t see either leaving my collection any time soon. Hope that helps and is what you are looking for.

That’s Exactly what I wanted to hear! Thank you

#2904 81 days ago

Hey I just wanted to give enormous kudos, respect, and thanks to Dr John for bringing this very special machine (Relic 003 no less) to the Australian Pinball Open for us all to play. It was on Free Play all weekend and even playable in side comps.

As someone who put down a deposit on launch day I can barely contain my anticipation for when the container hits Melbourne!

Adding to all the other reviews and thoughts I’ve read, the one thing I took away (aside from a few BOF stickers, again thanks to John!) is the super atmospheric sound. It’s a world away from chugging guitars and banging beats to get you going, it’s an almost ethereal calming feel.

When you put that in a tournament room on the roasting hot Gold Coast of Australia where tensions can rise as easily as the temperatures, it’s an oasis of coolness and chill. Even when playing badly I was smiling at the machine, and then laughing while flipping the double bird at the pop-up Firey in the left outlane. Congrats bkerins and everyone at BOF, it’s an absolute ripper!

IMG_0138 (resized).jpegIMG_0138 (resized).jpeg
#2905 78 days ago

Just had this ad pop up on FB. Imagine it fit the coin slot!!

Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 9.32.50?am (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-12-08 at 9.32.50?am (resized).png
#2906 78 days ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

[quoted image]

Oooh! I like these. Might try to find them as giveaways for our launch party of the game when I get it

#2907 78 days ago

I very much want to make custom tokens for my location with this design

Quoted from Good-Times:

[quoted image]

#2908 72 days ago

I know this is the million dollar question but has there been any update on production/shipping dates?
No cat pictures necessary

#2909 72 days ago
Quoted from bitsticksandball:

I know this is the million dollar question but has there been any update on production/shipping dates?
No cat pictures necessary

I got my invoice yesterday, paid today. I preordered on the day sales opened. Hopefully soon.

#2910 72 days ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

I got my invoice yesterday, paid today. I preordered on the day sales opened. Hopefully soon.

Direct from BoF ?

#2911 72 days ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Direct from BoF ?

yes.
Also, just now saw this message from yesterday that ended up in spam. Kinda important:"Your machine will be ready to ship 12/21."

#2912 72 days ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

yes.
Also, just now saw this message from yesterday that ended up in spam. Kinda important:"Your machine will be ready to ship 12/21."

Merry Christmas!

#2913 71 days ago

Just to throw this out there. My order status from my account page went from "Processing" to "Paid Awaiting Production" when I checked it today. I placed my order on 10/14. I don't have any emails asking for the final payment as of yet and I've been checking everyday like a lunatic.

#2914 71 days ago

Congratulations to all you guys getting your games , cant wait for the pictures !

#2915 71 days ago

Last I heard through distro was they wouldn't even have a timeline until January and they expected 3-12 months.

#2916 71 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

and they expected 3-12 months.

Again , CGC still cant finish CCR in 2 plus years let alone the waiting and cancelling of PF orders because of no communication , these guys have been transparent and your only guessing as to how long it will be?

perhaps time to move to a on the shelf game for you

#2917 71 days ago

I was simply passing on the info I was given, someone a few posts back was asking. I ordered LT too lol. I do have a 2nd getaway coming home next week that will occupy a bit of my time while I wait, so I'm probably OK until January.

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Again , CGC still cant finish CCR in 2 plus years let alone the waiting and cancelling of PF orders because of no communication , these guys have been transparent and your only guessing as to how long it will be?
perhaps time to move to a on the shelf game for you

#2918 71 days ago
Quoted from maastersplinter:

Just to throw this out there. My order status from my account page went from "Processing" to "Paid Awaiting Production" when I checked it today. I placed my order on 10/14. I don't have any emails asking for the final payment as of yet and I've been checking everyday like a lunatic.

Order Date Status Total Actions
#836 10/16/2023 Paid Awaiting Production $2,355.00 for 4 items

#2919 71 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I was simply passing on the info

All good , but do the distro's really know ? Too early and they stated updates to come ...
Guess the banging head in the wall threw me ...
People are getting games so that's positive.

#2920 71 days ago

Yes people are getting games direct which is good. I dunno if distro knows but that was given time as info that was obtained directly from bof...that concludes the entirety of my knowledge.

Quoted from transprtr4u:All good , but do the distro's really know ? Too early and they stated updates to come ...
Guess the banging head in the wall threw me ...
People are getting games so that's positive.

#2921 71 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I was simply passing on the info I was given, someone a few posts back was asking. I ordered LT too lol. I do have a 2nd getaway coming home next week that will occupy a bit of my time while I wait, so I'm probably OK until January.

I guess its the head banging deal against a wall signals frustration.

Calm down. Pinball is hard.

#2922 71 days ago
Quoted from maastersplinter:

I can explain that one. We found the stock category "Processing" a bit confusing as does it mean CC processing? order processing? or just what's being processed? So we renamed the order categories to what makes a little more sense to us and to you. This means exactly that, it's "Paid Awaiting Production" (cc or ACH processing done) now it's waiting for your turn to be built. When it goes to Awaiting Final Balance Payment, that's when you should have received a payment request. After payment is received on our end from the bank (remember what you see at your bank is not what we see in the processing software) it will move to Shipping week 1, 2, 3, 4... each is a bucket for that week's shipments. If you paid your final amount due with ACH it will then go to a category called Hold For Payment Settlement. Then it moves to a week "bucket" for shipping. If you ever see Pending Payment, that means there has been no attempt at payment. Also note that each individuals bank may be weird about the ACH. You might have to call your bank or do something online so they will connect to Stripe's ACH system. Since we are a new processor, we still run into some banks may think the transaction is fraud. Also in the Technical Support FAQ is the first cut on the upcoming machines that will ship between now and end of February by invoice number. Hope that helps!

#2923 71 days ago

dowhatnow

Quoted from Roostking:I guess its the head banging deal against a wall signals frustration.
Calm down. Pinball is hard.

#2924 71 days ago

For those of us that placed our order with distro, and distro is saying they have no update beyond 3-12 months, can you comment on when we might see some games going to people who DID NOT order direct?

Quoted from BSavage:I can explain that one. We found the stock category "Processing" a bit confusing as does it mean CC processing? order processing? or just what's being processed? So we renamed the order categories to what makes a little more sense to us and to you. This means exactly that, it's "Paid Awaiting Production" (cc or ACH processing done) now it's waiting for your turn to be built. When it goes to Awaiting Final Balance Payment, that's when you should have received a payment request. After payment is received on our end from the bank (remember what you see at your bank is not what we see in the processing software) it will move to Shipping week 1, 2, 3, 4... each is a bucket for that week's shipments. If you paid your final amount due with ACH it will then go to a category called Hold For Payment Settlement. Then it moves to a week "bucket" for shipping. If you ever see Pending Payment, that means there has been no attempt at payment. Also note that each individuals bank may be weird about the ACH. You might have to call your bank or do something online so they will connect to Stripe's ACH system. Since we are a new processor, we still run into some banks may think the transaction is fraud. Also in the Technical Support FAQ is the first cut on the upcoming machines that will ship between now and end of February by invoice number. Hope that helps!

#2925 71 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

For those of us that placed our order with distro, and distro is saying they have no update beyond 3-12 months, can you comment on when we might see some games going to people who DID NOT order direct?

Ask your Distro what invoice number you’re on and you’ll know if you’re in this first bucket.

IMG_5009 (resized).pngIMG_5009 (resized).png
#2926 71 days ago

10-4, saw their post, read the faq and will post what I find out. Thanks.

Quoted from paulbaptiste:Ask your Distro what invoice number you’re on and you’ll know if you’re in this first bucket.
[quoted image]

#2927 71 days ago
Quoted from BSavage:

I can explain that one. We found the stock category "Processing" a bit confusing as does it mean CC processing? order processing? or just what's being processed? So we renamed the order categories to what makes a little more sense to us and to you. This means exactly that, it's "Paid Awaiting Production" (cc or ACH processing done) now it's waiting for your turn to be built. When it goes to Awaiting Final Balance Payment, that's when you should have received a payment request. After payment is received on our end from the bank (remember what you see at your bank is not what we see in the processing software) it will move to Shipping week 1, 2, 3, 4... each is a bucket for that week's shipments. If you paid your final amount due with ACH it will then go to a category called Hold For Payment Settlement. Then it moves to a week "bucket" for shipping. If you ever see Pending Payment, that means there has been no attempt at payment. Also note that each individuals bank may be weird about the ACH. You might have to call your bank or do something online so they will connect to Stripe's ACH system. Since we are a new processor, we still run into some banks may think the transaction is fraud. Also in the Technical Support FAQ is the first cut on the upcoming machines that will ship between now and end of February by invoice number. Hope that helps!

Really respect the transparency/interactivity of this team. I just wish my annoyingly narrow doorway could fit the backbox width, as I’d love to get one

#2928 71 days ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I just wish my annoyingly narrow doorway could fit the backbox width, as I’d love to get one

Leave head intact. Unbolt it. Turn sideways. Bring in. Turn head back and bolt down.

Done.

Now you can enjoy a great pin.

You can thank me in the morning.

LTG : )

#2929 71 days ago
Quoted from BSavage:

I really appreciate that info and the transparency! That answers the "when will I get my machine?" for me and I'm sure answered that for a lot of us here who are trying to be patient and not bug you constantly about it. Now I don't have to panic every time I empty out my spam folder thinking I deleted my email for the order. I haven't received my machine, but from this experience so far, I'm very impressed and will keep an eye out on your future machines to buy!

#2930 71 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Leave head intact. Unbolt it. Turn sideways. Bring in. Turn head back and bolt down.
Done.
Now you can enjoy a great pin.
You can thank me in the morning.
LTG : )

Im just going to take the head off. There are always ways to get a game in/out if your addiction is strong enough.

#2931 71 days ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Im just going to take the head off. There are always ways to get a game in/out if your addiction is strong enough.

taking a little inspiration from our friend Karl

karlhavoc (resized).jpgkarlhavoc (resized).jpg
#2932 70 days ago

For those who are in or will visit Houston, 1st and last Friday of each month, Joystix is open in the late evening. Try out.... Labyrinth!!

https://www.joystixgames.com/pacman-fever-friday/
Screenshot_20231215-182639 (resized).pngScreenshot_20231215-182639 (resized).png

#2933 70 days ago

It begins

IMG_9300 (resized).jpegIMG_9300 (resized).jpeg
#2934 70 days ago

It begins
[quoted image]

Any release notes for the update? I went to the downloads section of their website but don’t see anything under downloads.

Maybe it’s just for folks whose game has shipped?

#2935 70 days ago
Quoted from dashv:

Any release notes for the update?

It is there.
https://shop.kollectfun.com/code-update/

#2936 68 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

What we are doing is shipping games in invoice order. This includes Distributors and direct. One does not take precedence over the other. Right now the numbers being produce vary by a couple machines each week as we are still refining our processes and find the optimal solutions with our personnel. The invoice production range we have released is VERY conservative as we never want to over promise. We would rather over deliver. As we have stated from the beginning, our plan is to produce the entire run in about a year. We also have to make sure the line stays active all the way to when machine two is ready to be announced. We thank you for your interest and support and hope that each of you has a Merry Christmas!

#2937 68 days ago

Thanks. I have asked distro but not received an update on what invoice my machine falls under but if/when I do I'm sure things will become much more clear. Merry Christmas to you as well. Thanks again.

Quoted from BSavage:What we are doing is shipping games in invoice order. This includes Distributors and direct. One does not take precedence over the other. Right now the numbers being produce vary by a couple machines each week as we are still refining our processes and find the optimal solutions with our personnel. The invoice production range we have released is VERY conservative as we never want to over promise. We would rather over deliver. As we have stated from the beginning, our plan is to produce the entire run in about a year. We also have to make sure the line stays active all the way to when machine two is ready to be announced. We thank you for your interest and support and hope that each of you has a Merry Christmas!

#2938 67 days ago

I ordered from a distributor and got my make the final payment email today and was told they would be shipped in January. My wife is super excited as she loves the theme. I was thinking I wouldn’t hear anything until march and was surprised by the email today.

#2939 67 days ago

Meanwhile I've heard nothing

Quoted from jnicesch:I ordered from a distributor and got my make the final payment email today and was told they would be shipped in January. My wife is super excited as she loves the theme. I was thinking I wouldn’t hear anything until march and was surprised by the email today.

#2940 67 days ago

Stopped by IO in Madison solely to check out Labyrinth. I still have not seen the movie, so I can't speak to anything on the theme. That said, I thoroughly enjoyed the handful of games I played at IO. Early on when I got interested in pinball, I was all about the theme, but that has definitely shifted to being 99% about the gameplay and 1% about the theme. Labyrinth has some really unique shots and a great flow to the gameplay. The horseshoe shot was insanely fast, but never felt overtly STDM drainy. I struggled a bit with dialing in shots, but the second game I ended up missing the GC by ~800k. The code made gameplay very intuitive, so I never felt that, "what am I supposed to hit?" feeling. Overall, I had a ton of fun and I think BOF made the best freshman effort I have seen. I predict great things to come for BOF, and I could definitely see owning a Labyrinth at some point.

#2941 67 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Quoted from jrcmlc:

Like the many others , coming soon !

#2942 67 days ago
Quoted from jnicesch:

I ordered from a distributor and got my make the final payment email today and was told they would be shipped in January. My wife is super excited as she loves the theme. I was thinking I wouldn’t hear anything until march and was surprised by the email today.

Same here! I also was hopefull march, but I'm good with January (It's my birthday month). I also broke down and ordered the topper as well. not sure how I'm going to mount it... but I'll make it work somehow!

#2943 67 days ago
Quoted from jnicesch:

What distro did you use and were you a day one order?

#2944 67 days ago

Reading that people who ordered through disti are starting to get emails for payment is shockingly surprising! I ordered through disti on the 14th so perhaps I'm on the horizon. The BOF team has said over and over here that orders are first in, first out regardless of if they were direct or disti. The exception, I believe was the first ~20 that were already built around launch and those were out the door first.

So with this logic, the first ~20 went out the door and then BOF started production on all orders.. first in first out. Also factor in the team was traveling between expo and other shows for a few weeks + Thanksgiving and they've really only had a few solid work weeks to grind on the line. Upcoming Christmas break provides a gap for them as well. All that said, numerically its starting to make sense from the outside. Most people who've received orders so far are likely direct orders via ACH payments on their site on launch day. Businesses and operators with cash on hand and ACH processes in place to order direct. They would be the ones to rush to want to be first on any launch day for any hot pin.

The rest of us non operators probably squinted our eyes at the launch, got excited, toyed with buying and maybe slept on it until the next day before ordering. When we did order, some may have gone direct but most of us went through disti because... thats what we always do. Each of our chosen distributors would have (likely) collected a number of pre orders from customers BEFORE they submitted to BOF in bulk. So while myself and others here may have placed an order on say 10/14, our disti may not have submitted our order to BOF until the following week sometime. Or perhaps disti was submitting orders as they came in. I'm not really privy to how the logistics work but I imagine most disti would do group/bulk orders so that if they take delivery themselves they arrived at the same time, in volume. Direct to ship (to customers) may be differently entirely.

Anyways I just typed a wall of text about something I have zero knowledge of and am completely guessing? LOL. Oh the joys of hype and waiting haha. I would surmise that most of us who ordered direct or through disti on launch weekend are closing in on production now. At least from the sound of some of yall already getting invoiced.

Hold

hold.gifhold.gif

#2945 66 days ago
Quoted from superNoid:

Reading that people who ordered through disti are starting to get emails for payment is shockingly surprising! I ordered through disti on the 14th so perhaps I'm on the horizon. The BOF team has said over and over here that orders are first in, first out regardless of if they were direct or disti. The exception, I believe was the first ~20 that were already built around launch and those were out the door first.
So with this logic, the first ~20 went out the door and then BOF started production on all orders.. first in first out. Also factor in the team was traveling between expo and other shows for a few weeks + Thanksgiving and they've really only had a few solid work weeks to grind on the line. Upcoming Christmas break provides a gap for them as well. All that said, numerically its starting to make sense from the outside. Most people who've received orders so far are likely direct orders via ACH payments on their site on launch day. Businesses and operators with cash on hand and ACH processes in place to order direct. They would be the ones to rush to want to be first on any launch day for any hot pin.
The rest of us non operators probably squinted our eyes at the launch, got excited, toyed with buying and maybe slept on it until the next day before ordering. When we did order, some may have gone direct but most of us went through disti because... thats what we always do. Each of our chosen distributors would have (likely) collected a number of pre orders from customers BEFORE they submitted to BOF in bulk. So while myself and others here may have placed an order on say 10/14, our disti may not have submitted our order to BOF until the following week sometime. Or perhaps disti was submitting orders as they came in. I'm not really privy to how the logistics work but I imagine most disti would do group/bulk orders so that if they take delivery themselves they arrived at the same time, in volume. Direct to ship (to customers) may be differently entirely.
Anyways I just typed a wall of text about something I have zero knowledge of and am completely guessing? LOL. Oh the joys of hype and waiting haha. I would surmise that most of us who ordered direct or through disti on launch weekend are closing in on production now. At least from the sound of some of yall already getting invoiced.
Hold
[quoted image]

As another point of reference, I ordered on 10/13 from Flip N Out and haven’t yet received any request for final payment or any other indication that I am close. I did send FnO an email asking whether my order is within the invoice range that BoF posted, patiently waiting, but no word yet.

#2946 66 days ago
Quoted from JeepSnob:

As another point of reference, I ordered on 10/13 from Flip N Out and haven’t yet received any request for final payment or any other indication that I am close. I did send FnO an email asking whether my order is within the invoice range that BoF posted, patiently waiting, but no word yet.

I will be interested to hear the response as I ordered the day it dropped from them too. I didnt actually get the email for deposit until Sunday though. I havent bothered reaching out cause I figure when I get the final invoice, I will know Im close. Still hoping for a Feb delivery, but it will arrive at some point. I dont even have room for it right now anyway. Trying to decide on selling a game. I have a hard time selling a game though….

#2947 66 days ago
Quoted from JeepSnob:

I'll be interested to hear when yours is going out. I saw that preorders are still open with FNO, I figured it would be sold out by now. I put my order in with them on Oct 20th. I'm hoping to get all the products at the same time so I'm cool with waiting until it's all there. I'd rather start with the whole setup going. That said I really want to get my hands on this game again.

#2948 66 days ago
Quoted from natgreystar:

I'll be interested to hear when yours is going out. I saw that preorders are still open with FNO, I figured it would be sold out by now. I put my order in with them on Oct 20th. I'm hoping to get all the products at the same time so I'm cool with waiting until it's all there. I'd rather start with the whole setup going. That said I really want to get my hands on this game again.

#2949 66 days ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

I will be interested to hear the response as I ordered the day it dropped from them too. I didnt actually get the email for deposit until Sunday though. I havent bothered reaching out cause I figure when I get the final invoice, I will know Im close. Still hoping for a Feb delivery, but it will arrive at some point. I dont even have room for it right now anyway. Trying to decide on selling a game. I have a hard time selling a game though….

As luck would have it, I just got a reply. My 10/13 order from FNO is expected to be in the Dec-Feb batch. My game deposit and accessory invoice was paid and acknowledged same day. I'll report back when I hear it is time to ship.

Now the hard part I guess we all eventually face... what to get rid of after Labyrinth fills my last spot. My attempts to convince my spouse that the entire basement should be pinball has failed.

#2950 66 days ago

I assume fno is flipnout... That's good news. Congrats.

Quoted from JeepSnob:As luck would have it, I just got a reply. My 10/13 order from FNO is expected to be in the Dec-Feb batch. My game deposit and accessory invoice was paid and acknowledged same day. I'll report back when I hear it is time to ship.
Now the hard part I guess we all eventually face... what to get rid of after Labyrinth fills my last spot. My attempts to convince my spouse that the entire basement should be pinball has failed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Machine - Pre-order Spot
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Tools
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Tools
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 3,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 65.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mystery-pinball-company-labyrinth-pinball/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.