(Topic ID: 10274)

Missing Mountain for White Water--Anybody ??

By v8torino

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 247 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by radium
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

00544B76-4CEA-4AC1-A5BC-10A2D3A0CA67 (resized).jpeg
wwmountian1 (resized).jpg
wwmountain3 (resized).jpg
wwmountain4 (resized).jpg
waterfall 1 (resized).jpg
white water waterfall 2 (resized).jpg
whskull4_zps13c47b4f_(resized).jpg
whskull3_zps6370ba76_(resized).jpg
$_1_(resized).JPG
20160315_101102_(resized).jpg
2768f2.jpeg
baziel.jpg
WH2O_12_05_001.JPG
missing_alt.png
wwb.jpg
ww.jpg
There are 247 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 9 years ago

If someone here in the US buys two and has the extra one to sell please pm me.

#202 9 years ago

PM sent

1 week later
#203 9 years ago

Hi Aeneas

Just wondered - do you know if it will fit alongside Dreads Skull mountain Mod (http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/skull-mountain-no-not-he-man.13417/)

Cheers
Paul

#204 9 years ago

I just bought this, though i will have to paint it to match the snow mountain and prob go blue eyes

ebay.com link: WHITEWATER Pinball Active Skull Mountain Mod White Water

#205 9 years ago

Finishing off my WH2O project and I have a bunch of used parts, boulders, etc.

Feel free to PM me if anyone is interested.

I have a FT project I'm gonna tackle next and will probably have parts left over that I'll put on here before I EBay it.

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

I just bought this, though i will have to paint it to match the snow mountain and prob go blue eyes
ebay.com link » Whitewater Pinball Active Skull Mountain Mod White Water

Thats the one i have - It's great!

1 week later
#207 9 years ago

toibs: I haven't tested it - first time I see that mod.
But judging from the pictures it should fit - mine sits far behind the light whirlpool sign, while that other mountain is in front of it..

#208 9 years ago

Wow Thanks Aeneas! Received my Mtn she looks and fits great! Easy to install. Now that back corner doesn't stick out like a sore thumb and the flasher doesn't blind you anymore!

3 weeks later
#209 9 years ago

Have 5 left of the current batch (can always make some more if there's more demand).
And the euro / usd exchange rate is since last week in the advantage of usd so if someone was still doubting, now is the moment

#210 9 years ago

edit...closed.

If someone who is going to TPF wants to go in on a pair of these from Aeneas, let me know.

#211 9 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

If someone who is going to TPF wants to go in on a pair of these from Aeneas, let me know.

I am interested in 1 of them and will be at the TPF on Saturday.

#212 9 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

I am interested in 1 of them and will be at the TPF on Saturday.

I am waiting on Aeneas to reply, but it looks like you plus another pinsider and me will place an order for 3.

edit...this order for three has been placed, so my proposed group buy has been spoken for and is closed. I believe that Aeneas has at least two more, so if someone wants to shout out with the need I would imagine that another group of two could happen.

5 months later
#213 8 years ago

I'm interested in one. Anyone in Canada interesting on splitting the shipping costs?

2 weeks later
#214 8 years ago

I am also interested if still available. I am up for buying 2, can always keep as a spare or sell to someone else.

Also looking into getting the skill mountain an rafts mod for my WH20, if I ever get the trifecta I'll post a pic.

#215 8 years ago

Placed my order today. I'm already excited to receive it.

6 months later
#216 8 years ago

Anyone know if these are still available?

#218 8 years ago

count me in for one

#219 8 years ago

I would also buy one.

#220 8 years ago

If anybody is out there... me too please

#221 8 years ago

Me too.

#222 8 years ago

Bad news everyone.

I tried to cast a new mountain yesterday but the mold has deteriorated too much to be useful anymore.
The previous time I casted some it was already getting less quality but now it's really full of holes and small cracks which will make it difficult to paint and get it look like the other mountains.

Especially compared to the first mountains I made 3 years ago it's too different. the quality I want is just not possible anymore. I could continue to make more but I don't want to send out (and put a lot of time in) worse quality that will sooner or later disappoint people.

So at the moment I will not make mountains anymore.

It is possible to make a new mold but that takes time and I am always less interested in making this project.

Maybe in a few months I will find time to make a new mold (but then I would need 30 - 50 orders, not worth it to make it for 5) ..
maybe someone else will start making their own mountain? we'll see..

20160315_101102_(resized).jpg20160315_101102_(resized).jpg

#223 8 years ago

Here is a damn fine alternative, if the artist in the UK ever decides to make some more.
Sold out almost immediately.
Solid heavy molding, perfect fit, good mounting.
Original price, $115 USD, shipped.
This matched the ORIGINAL plastic mountain set, the reproductions had a darker edge detail color.

Pinball Decals, Inc is now selling them for $185.
I don't if he copied the mod design (like has been countless times), or just bought them all up.
http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/WhiteWater_Page.html

$_1_(resized).JPG$_1_(resized).JPG
whskull3_zps6370ba76_(resized).jpgwhskull3_zps6370ba76_(resized).jpg

whskull4_zps13c47b4f_(resized).jpgwhskull4_zps13c47b4f_(resized).jpg

2 months later
#224 7 years ago

looking for a missing mountain mod, if anyone has an extra theyd be willing to sell please let me know

#225 7 years ago
Quoted from Damon:

looking for a missing mountain mod, if anyone has an extra theyd be willing to sell please let me know

Pinball Center still has one of the versions.

#226 7 years ago

Awesome thanks for the tip! Ordering it now

3 months later
#227 7 years ago

Any lost mountain mod available? Would be willing to trade for my Skull Mountain mod.

1 year later
#228 6 years ago

If someone here got spear whitewater missing mountain for sale ill be keen order one

1 week later
#230 6 years ago

I have a full set of White Water boulders (original color type) and never been used I'd be interested in possibly selling the entire set.. PM me for details.

1 week later
#231 6 years ago

These are no longer available.

2 months later
#232 5 years ago

Looking for one of these if anyone has a spare to sell.

#233 5 years ago

We sell a lighted waterfall with a raft for that area. We sold out at Texas, but should have a few at Allentown.

white water waterfall 2 (resized).jpgwhite water waterfall 2 (resized).jpg

waterfall 1 (resized).jpgwaterfall 1 (resized).jpg

3 years later
#234 2 years ago

I have a spare one of these if anyone would like. Never installed. $150.00 + shipping in the US. PM if interested.

wwmountain3 (resized).jpgwwmountain3 (resized).jpgwwmountain4 (resized).jpgwwmountain4 (resized).jpgwwmountian1 (resized).jpgwwmountian1 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#235 2 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

I am split between the two opinions.
It is Red's IP, but for his personal circumstances, he is unable to produce them now. We do not know the difficulty in his life right now.
I think Red should be asked for permission to reproduce his product and receive a royalty from sales.
If Red is willing to provide the mold and needed info for someone else capable to make these, he showed receive an agreed-upon share of earnings.
I would be willing to pay a little more for one to do it right respecting Red's IP and situation.
Either this is a community or all that is just lip service.
I am not for running anyone under a bus.
Maybe one of the lawyers on pinside can play a guiding role

Thanks for your comment. The human behind the RedWest account was my husband and I can attest to the R & D (or T & E) that went into creating this mod. The process was costly and very time-consuming. He ended his life in 2016 after having dealt with persistent issues related to his mental state since his youth, which definitely accounts for why he was slow to respond, if at all, to requests (as you hypothesized). I was involved with developing the Missing Mountain mod and the original was left in my possession. With an investment of time and money, I do have the ability to restart production if there is enough interest to allow me to clear my expenses.

#236 2 years ago

Im very sorry to hear this. I am in for one if they are produced again.

#237 2 years ago

Ill buy one. And I am very sorry about your husband. That is a terrible way to lose someone, but there is no good way. I hope you can find piece.

#238 2 years ago

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I guess I know why he has never wrote me back the few times I have recently tried contacting him. I’ll buy TWO of them from you to help out on your costs. I obviously only need one… please feel free to call me if need be, I’m bad with electronics and not sure if I will get a notification of a response. 909 855 7853

Larry

2 weeks later
#239 2 years ago

A while back, I scrolled by a post where someone had taken the missing mountain and laid out steps to improve the paint job, but I can't seem to find it again.

This isn't the one taking the repro mountains and lightening them up, it was one where they took the "leopard print" paint job on the missing mountain plastic and made it match the rest of the mountains. Anyone remember seeing that?

Appreciate any help!

2 months later
#240 2 years ago

pinfarmer
zr11990
1980Galaxy

Thanks, guys. I'll see what I can do to crank out a few of these and will reach out to you here with pics if/when that happens. Much appreciation for your kindness and interest in obtaining the mod for your own machines.

#241 2 years ago

Odds are I would be interested in one as well. Please let us all know if/when they are available.

#242 2 years ago

someone needs to make more boulder shooter rods

#243 2 years ago

I’d also be in for a missing mountain in each color. She really needs it

00544B76-4CEA-4AC1-A5BC-10A2D3A0CA67 (resized).jpeg00544B76-4CEA-4AC1-A5BC-10A2D3A0CA67 (resized).jpeg
#244 2 years ago

Would be interested too.

#245 2 years ago

I'd be interested

1 year later
#246 1 year ago

I'm interested in buying a missing mountain mod if still possible

1 month later
#247 1 year ago

I need one of these too. Somebody make it happen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.95
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 247 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mystery-mountain-for-white-water-anybody/page/5?hl=1980galaxy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.