(Topic ID: 10274)

Missing Mountain for White Water--Anybody ??

By v8torino

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 247 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by radium
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

00544B76-4CEA-4AC1-A5BC-10A2D3A0CA67 (resized).jpeg
wwmountian1 (resized).jpg
wwmountain3 (resized).jpg
wwmountain4 (resized).jpg
waterfall 1 (resized).jpg
white water waterfall 2 (resized).jpg
whskull4_zps13c47b4f_(resized).jpg
whskull3_zps6370ba76_(resized).jpg
$_1_(resized).JPG
20160315_101102_(resized).jpg
2768f2.jpeg
baziel.jpg
WH2O_12_05_001.JPG
missing_alt.png
wwb.jpg
ww.jpg
There are 247 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#102 11 years ago
Quoted from BallPtPenTheif:

Have you guys thought about purchasing reproduction rights from him? Or even just paying him to copy his mod for 1 run? I can't imagine what problems he has but money usually helps some of them.

If you can get him to reply to emails, you are welcome to try. I managed to get a response once... that's it!

#103 11 years ago

One brown one here too. Jim

3 weeks later
#104 11 years ago

en schiet 't al een beetje op aenneas?

#105 11 years ago

mold is finished and dried, did have some problems with it, haven't had time this week to continue, hope next weekend to have time to cast a piece and see how it comes out...

#106 11 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

mold is finished and dried, did have some problems with it, haven't had time this week to continue, hope next weekend to have time to cast a piece and see how it comes out...

Can't wait.... when are you taking orders?
My restoration will be done soon. Would love to have this in my game for the first ball!

#107 11 years ago

Update: just cast the first piece. Looks good. Too thin in some places, I need more resin for the next pieces. But therefor it was just a test.

Going to buy brown paint on monday and paint this by hand. I'll post some pictures then
(the white unpainted part doesn't look too good on photo).

Once 'production' starts I will cast a few and then use my airbrush to paint them all at the same time. Will then also check total cost, shipping, ..

#108 11 years ago

How about packing a couple of those waffles in when you ship mine?

Dan

#109 11 years ago

I'd like a brown and a blue/white to match the factory and the BAA blue set Aeneas.

Please and thank you,

Bill

#111 11 years ago

Please put me on the list.

#113 11 years ago

As promised the pictures..

http://www.flippers.be/images/fs/ww1.jpg

this is the first finished mountain.

http://www.flippers.be/images/fs/ww2.jpg

installed in my machine. Note on the bottom left side a small piece broke off, next parts will be thicker. It's held in position using double sided tape in the front and back.

http://www.flippers.be/images/fs/ww3.jpg
another view installed

http://www.flippers.be/images/fs/ww4.jpg
view when playing

This first proto piece is hand painted. The light brown doesn't perfectly match the other mountains (especially when you hold it close, when viewed whilst playing it isn't obvious), I will try to get a better match for the next mountains. Nextwill also be airbrushed and I'll try to get the darkbrown effects nicer.
Every part is hand made, hand painted, so they will all be a bit different.

Price: 50 euro + shipping.
Shipping is expensive as I'm in Europe: by tracked airmail is another 20 euro (maybe a few euro less, will only know when I package the first..) But for that price I can ship 5 or maybe even a few more pieces, so if people want to combine their orders then please do so.

If you want to order: please email me on: averhe at gmail.com (you can include your pinside handle if you want). That way I can keep track of everything / payments, shipping, ..

Also please have some patience.. it took me a few days to make this first one, so don't expect me to have finished a dozen by next week.. therefor email if you're interested, I'll make one, let you know, send a photo, and they you can confirm and pay by paypal. ww1.jpgww1.jpg ww2.jpgww2.jpg ww3.jpgww3.jpg ww4.jpgww4.jpg

#114 11 years ago

Aeneas:

I especially like how the paths into the mountain from the orbit and ramps are arched like the were really dug through the mountain.

If anyone wants to combine orders, I am happy to receive them and them ship them out to each.
At 20 EUR (approx $25) seven or eight in an order would break down to 3 or 4 bucks apiece. Add another 8 or less for shipping from here in Va to locations stateside. Total should be about half of the cost individually shipped, but it would take longer.

Let me know.

Dan

#115 11 years ago

I've just placed an order for two coming to Toronto.
I can do the same deal as Mr.Wizzo for any local Canadian pinsiders and have them all shipped in one package.
Just contact aeneas to get your place and we'll work it out to combine shipping.

#116 11 years ago

just ordered since i am in the netherlands i didnt see the need to combine orders

#117 11 years ago

Hi,

Bad news, the problems I had with the silicone mold became bigger when I tried to cast the next mountain, and now it's too damaged to be used
Not too many people have ordered already but as I don't want to disappoint anyone, I'll order new silicone and start over with making a new mold to cast from.
This will delay everything with a few weeks I'm afraid
Will get back to you when I can start again..

Aeneas.

#118 11 years ago

Keep at it man!
Minor setback.

you-can-do-it.jpgyou-can-do-it.jpg

#119 11 years ago

No disappointment here. I am sure all agree that we appreciate all your efforts very much.

Dan

1 week later
#120 11 years ago

Have the issues solved and am slowly making mountains (about 1 a day..).
Today I'll finish some for local people.
Next in line are 4 that go to Canada, so if any Canadians want to combine shipping then please order asap..
After that batch I'll start making them for everyone in the order they contacted me.

1 week later
#121 11 years ago

Just finished painting a first set, used less dark brown paint I think this looks a bit nicer.
If you want to order, please email me..

ww.jpgww.jpg

#122 11 years ago

I think you need more brown in there, Aeneas like your first proto. If we order can we specify more/less brown?

#123 11 years ago

I am with jk2171 on this....the first proto looked great color wise

#124 11 years ago

Are you doing the snowy mountain also?

#125 11 years ago

I would like to order one if they are still going

#126 11 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Have the issues solved and am slowly making mountains (about 1 a day..).
Today I'll finish some for local people.
Next in line are 4 that go to Canada, so if any Canadians want to combine shipping then please order asap..
After that batch I'll start making them for everyone in the order they contacted me.

Thanks man!
I've been waiting a long time for these and I'm super grateful you took this project on. A lot of guys talked about doing this but talking and doing are two different things... no need to re-paint mine
Im sure you have a good reference point for the colour and they look great!

#127 11 years ago

I'd take a brown and white one if you have enough. Just let me know

#128 11 years ago

I'd also like a original brown color as well as a white one please n

Bill

#129 11 years ago

I'd like a brown one too! Count me in, your proto looks awesome.

#130 11 years ago

Will send pm's later to everyone who posted here in the thread they are interested.
But please if you are interested EMAIL me at averhe at gmail.com to order !

Email is the only way for me to keep track of orders, paypal payments, tracking, ..

So please let me know:
- your nickname here
- how many / what colors (brown / blue) you want
(- brown: less dark brown like the last photo or a bit more dark like my first proto ? see edit below)
- if you're in the USA and want to combine shipping with mrwizzo (but first check with him please)

Will post tonight a photo of the white/blue ones I've made as an example so people see how they look..

EDIT: I just installed one of the lighter ones I painted yesterday in my game and it indeed looks too light compared to the original mountains. So I will paint them all with more dark effects to match the rest better.

EDIT 2: here's one from yesterdays batch with extra dark brown paint. wwb.jpgwwb.jpg

#131 11 years ago

I am happy to receive and distribute in the US anyone's mountains from Aeneas. Please let him know and copy me at dkakd at aol dot com, so we both can keep track.

Again we would share equally his shipping cost and then add to each the cost of shipping to each person.

Dan

#132 11 years ago

I might have missed this in the thread - how do you attach it in the game?

Scott

#133 11 years ago

3 pieces of double sided tape - one in the back against the bend of the back ramp,
one in front where it sits on the entry of the ramp, and one on the right side

#134 11 years ago

Very nice work Aeneas!

#135 11 years ago

i got mine alreade from aenneas and its very good! thanks mate!

#137 11 years ago

Aeneas:

You should sign the underside and number each in succession as being handpainted, each will be somewhat unique.

Then when you die and your popularity soars, we can all make lots on our first edition Aeneas missing mountain mountains !

Quoted from aeneas:

Just finished painting a first set, used less dark brown paint I think this looks a bit nicer.
If you want to order, please email me..

I forgot to mention when I first saw the pic of the four, I thought they were fried chicken breasts! Musta been hungry at the time.

Dan

#138 11 years ago

Did I miss the post on how I was to pay?

1 week later
#139 11 years ago

Am I too late to the party on this one? If not, I'd love to get in on the action. I also would like a brown one.

#140 11 years ago

Molspin please email me to confirm.
For combined shipping its too late.
Package to Canada shipped last week (should arrive any day now)
And to usa is ready to ship tomorrow just wait for last person to pay.
Next week Im not at home but week after that I start on individual orders in order received.

#141 11 years ago

best mystery/missing/lost mountain I've ever seen is the custom mountain that looks like the "no way" out DMD graphics (mounain with mouth and teeth) with led lit red eyes. You can see it on pinball owners site, the user is bombjack from Germany (http://www.pinballowners.com/bombjack#36334), pictures from 5 to 8.
If anyone could make something like that, I would buy it for sure.

#142 11 years ago

Mine showed up and is installed. Looks great. Thank you

#143 11 years ago

best mystery/missing/lost mountain I've ever seen is the custom mountain that looks like the "no way" out DMD graphics (mounain with mouth and teeth) with led lit red eyes. You can see it on pinball owners site, the user is bombjack from Germany (http://www.pinballowners.com/bombjack#36334), pictures from 5 to 8.
If anyone could make something like that, I would buy it for sure.

Here is a screen shot of bombjack's missing mountain and it does look very nice. I thought it was originally from Gilligan's Island toy modified to fit but it is not.

missing_alt.pngmissing_alt.png

#144 11 years ago

Looks indeed nice. Wish I had seen it before.
Also tried to make a skull like thing in mine but its much smaller, just 3 indents at front right side. Maybe its too subtle now in mine.

1 week later
#145 11 years ago

It looks like you captured Bob Hope's nose perfectly!

I just wanted you all to know that package is in the US, and I plan to pick it up today at the local post office. I am assuming that I will use one of the USPS flat rate priority mail boxes and so that the rate is the same for all.

I will revert to all later today or tomorrow with the total due from each and the email to send payment as a gift to Paypal. I hope to ship them all out to you on Saturday.

If anyone has any special requests, please let me know. I have copied this message to each of your personal email.

Dan

#147 11 years ago

Hello Dan, I did not get the email. Do you have me on the list? I was the last to pay I believe. Jim

#148 11 years ago
Quoted from jamespin:

Hello Dan, I did not get the email. Do you have me on the list? I was the last to pay I believe. Jim

Hey. PM me your email, and I will check. If not, I will forward it to you in a bit.

Dan

#149 11 years ago

Instead of paying $25 to ship from Europe apiece, each has had to pay a total of $11. Worked out pretty well.

Dan

#150 11 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Here is a screen shot of bombjack's missing mountain and it does look very nice. I thought it was originally from Gilligan's Island toy modified to fit but it is not.

I would love this and to paint it for the snow caps!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

17,250 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 247 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mystery-mountain-for-white-water-anybody/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.