(Topic ID: 10274)

Missing Mountain for White Water--Anybody ??

By v8torino

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 239 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 days ago by attack7
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wwmountian1 (resized).jpg
wwmountain3 (resized).jpg
wwmountain4 (resized).jpg
waterfall 1 (resized).jpg
white water waterfall 2 (resized).jpg
whskull4_zps13c47b4f_(resized).jpg
whskull3_zps6370ba76_(resized).jpg
$_1_(resized).JPG
20160315_101102_(resized).jpg
2768f2.jpeg
baziel.jpg
WH2O_12_05_001.JPG
missing_alt.png
wwb.jpg
ww.jpg
you-can-do-it.jpg

There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 9 years ago

I am starting to get anxious about finding a Missing Mountain-Mod/Add On for my machine.
The more I look at and play WH20,the more I have to get something done to that upper left corner of the playfield.
I might go to a super duper train store or hobby shop we have here that sells different landscape type items for other hobbyists.
But I would REALLY like to buy the proven Missing Mountain that is out there somewhere.
Thanks,Kirk in Colorado

#2 9 years ago

PM sent

#3 9 years ago

Id also like to find one or something else that would work. Man, somebody needs to make more of these. They would sell for sure.

#4 9 years ago

+1, I need one too!

1 week later
#5 9 years ago

bump, has anybody found out where to get the missing mountain mod????

#6 9 years ago

Are they not available anymore? I'd like one as well.

#7 9 years ago

There was a guy on eBay selling them. Haven't seen them in awhile.

#8 9 years ago

Rare plastics... Maybe we shoot all chip in and buy a 3d scanner and printer together?

#9 9 years ago

Is this what you're looking for?

http://sites.google.com/site/redwestwh20/

Edit: Nevermind, you're that guy who started the RGP thread.

#10 9 years ago

Well crap Robin, now that you made me look up 3d printers, I have something else to buy. I do IT work for a living and thought about that a few years ago, but it was so expensive. It looks like they can be had for a reasonable price now. I might have a new expensive toy for the wife to hate. lol

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Rare plastics... Maybe we shoot all chip in and buy a 3d scanner and printer together?

The material that 3D printers use isn't dense enough for use inside of a pinball machine. Its great for prototyping a part to be made.

#12 9 years ago

http://sites.google.com/site/redwestwh20/

Not sure if they're still available....

#13 9 years ago

I got mine from redwest and I inquired recently for someone else and he said he was still making them. I added a lamp on the Bigfoot cave to illuminate the "missing mountain" better as the thickness of the plastic kills the GI light in the upper left of the playfield.

Pic with lamp off
http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/album976/IMG_5013?full=1

Lamp on
http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/album976/IMG_5012?full=1

3 weeks later
#14 9 years ago

I'm still looking for the mountain mod. I've emailed and have not heard anything back yet. Has anyone been able to buy this mod lately????

#15 9 years ago

Hi D

of course you could always make your own..........my skull mod has led eyes that light
when the ramp switch trips and it growls at you which is audible from under the PF glass

the rubber duck was a temporary resident for a bit of fun

DR

insanity_duck.JPG

#16 9 years ago

Moved to the Buying and Selling sub forum. Pinside Talk is for issues/recommendations with the forum itself.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from devil_rider:

my skull mod has led eyes that light
when the ramp switch trips and it growls at you which is audible from under the PF glass

Hmmmm...awesome comes to mind. Could you post a pic of the whole PF?

#18 9 years ago

Any resolution to this yet? I've also been sending messages to the redwest site and there is zero reply. I'm guessing these are no longer being produced.
They look vacuum formed. May not be too hard to create the shape... you can make a solid mold and then vacuum some heated sheet plastic over top of it. Getting the color riht might be tricky. If I can't find one by the time I'm done with my WH2O reno, I may have to try this route.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I've also been sending messages to the redwest site and there is zero reply.

Same here. Looks like it's a dead end.

#20 9 years ago

Just put a blue LED in the 44 socket; that tones the area down nicely to where the mod isn't even needed IMO (agreed: with a stock 44 incandescent, the area looks unfinished to say the least).

#21 9 years ago

I think Hooked knows something about these. .

#22 9 years ago

Speaking of mountains, was HS2 originally going to have a mountain tunnel?

#24 9 years ago

Speaking of mountains, was HS2 originally going to have a mountain tunnel?

of course you could always make your own

1. used WH20 "insanity falls" mountain
2. spray on "stone" from the hobby shop
3. N-gauge tunnel face from the model train shop

DR

// Error: Image 19630 not found // DRmountain.JPG DRgetaway1.JPG

#25 9 years ago

I got a reply back from coloradopinball,another guy making these Missing Mountain Mods,He's busy for a couple months but plans on making some more when he gets settled in from a move that he was doing.
Email him again nicely and get put on "the list"-
I may try to make one from supplies I find at the hobby shop,scale train shop or Michaels/Hobby Lobby-we'll see.
[email protected]

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

I got a reply back from coloradopinball,another guy making these Mystery Mountain Mods,He's busy for a couple months but plans on making some more when he gets settled in from a move that he was doing.
Email him again nicely and get put on "the list"-
I may try to make one from supplies I find at the hobby shop,scale train shop or Michaels/Hobby Lobby-we'll see.
[email protected]

That's the same email on the REDWEST site. I've already sent 2-3 emails. No reply.

#27 9 years ago

No reply also

#28 9 years ago

I've been trying to buy one of these, too! I sent that guy several e-mails over the last few months, and I've received no reply. I'd still like to buy one if anyone decides to start making them. Let me know. My e-mail is: satingum ... at ... gmail ... dot ... com

Thanks.

Post edited by gweempose : Email address obfuscated to thwart spambots.

#29 9 years ago

Guys I am going to keep on this,I want one really bad also,I may try to make one/maybe not.
Here is a quote from the guy on my email-I will also email him again since I have gotten a response in the past-be patient,I know it sucks but we will somehow get us a Missing Mountain
Peace,Kirk in Colorado-Once I start something-I persevere like a son of a gun.

email quote from redwest/coloradopinball:
Hi Kirk, Im in a long process of moving right now, it will be a few months before I can get back to these, Ill place your request in the orders box and let you know when I'm able to proceed. Thanks for the interest.

#30 9 years ago

I also got a reply yesterday.
Sounds like he's going through a tough patch right now... not going to speculate.
But, as v8torino said, he does expect to get back to producing them in the near future so maybe a little patience will go a long way here.
I just got my WH2O and it's going to be a long renovation project so I can wait.

#31 9 years ago

I am working on a WH2O deal, looks promising in the next few months. how much do these cost usually?

EDIT: sorry, I tried google and it said $68 plus $7.50 shipping.

#32 9 years ago

Missing Mountain---Missing Mountain---Missing Mountain---Missing Mountain
Gentlemen,I am just posting this to say I have been calling this mod by the:
WRONG NAME ALL ALONG,this was pointed out to me by a nice gentleman over at RGP,he mentioned that may be the reason why I am having trouble finding one-LOL
I feel bad and a little amused by my mistyping-Missing Mountain,I had it typed Mystery Mountain,I believe I have corrected my errors on this thread and will sleep much better now.
The search continues to find us about 6 to 10 Missing Mountains for us-Pinsiders who need one for their White Water machines.

#33 9 years ago

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8785-SET
new set at marcospecialties $113 NOS
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=boulder
boulder garden $6

they also have 37 pages of parts for just WH20

not sure if these help I don't own this game yet
good luck and happy gaming

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Missing Mountain---Missing Mountain---Missing Mountain---Missing Mountain

that "gentleman" over on rgp was me! I kept getting a chuckle out of the mystery thing and finally posted. Glad you didn't take offense. I have red's version on my newly-restored WH20 and it's wonderful. Good luck in your search.

-Craig

#35 9 years ago

If I can find 1
I will make a reverse mold and after that I can make enough to fill the need for the world =-)
Could probably even get a mold made with a broken one as long as I have the pieces.

#36 9 years ago

If I can find the machine locally I can make something that will line up and look good.
I currently do not own WH20 though thus the need for 1 plastic to make more copies.

#37 9 years ago

Shoot_Again,Pinside mail sent,after further thought I absolutely DO NOT want to copy someone else's work.

Here is a pic of one I may have a line on,we will see if that works out,it is a long shot that I will actually get it.

IMAG0153.jpg

#38 9 years ago

There is also a different version made from the mountain plastic from under the shooter lane ramp I bought a used one I have yet to do it though. Might be worth a try if you can find that piece.

#39 9 years ago

I know I'm not your mom, bit IMO, creating a mold of Red's design for reproduction is not cool. I know you guys want this bad, but still... I think it would be better to create your own solution than to blatantly copy his.

Just sayin...
-Craig

#40 9 years ago

Supply and demand, if someone can step up and make them, do it. Everyone wants one,might as well! I'm in if someone can get it done.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I know I'm not your mom, bit IMO, creating a mold of Red's design for reproduction is not cool. I know you guys want this bad, but still... I think it would be better to create your own solution than to blatantly copy his.
Just sayin...
-Craig

I disagree, create the mountain any way you can!

We're talking about model mountains here....

#42 9 years ago

I am split between the two opinions.

It is Red's IP, but for his personal circumstances, he is unable to produce them now. We do not know the difficulty in his life right now.

I think Red should be asked for permission to reproduce his product and receive a royalty from sales.

If Red is willing to provide the mold and needed info for someone else capable to make these, he showed receive an agreed-upon share of earnings.

I would be willing to pay a little more for one to do it right respecting Red's IP and situation.

Either this is a community or all that is just lip service.

I am not for running anyone under a bus.

Maybe one of the lawyers on pinside can play a guiding role

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Shoot_Again,Pinside mail sent about reverse engineering these things,trying to get the ball rolling/or mountain rolling in this case,maybe we can make this happen sooner than the later we are running up against.
Laters,Kirk in Colorado
Here is a pic of one I may have a line on,we will see if that works out.

Attachments IMAG0161.jpg (99.9 KB, 0 downloads) 21 hours old IMAG0153.jpg (216.5 KB, 0 downloads) 21 hours old

Me and my GF have years of sculpting experience each.
Send me an email we can discuss more off of forum for now.

I could also just make something close or unique as well but probably would not likely get back my investment. I definetly do not want to step on anyones potential copyright.

#44 9 years ago

Hello gang,After thinking about this-after I made the above post.I DO NOT WANT to do a direct copy or in some way infringe upon somebody else's mod.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Just sayin...
-Craig

+1
C'mon guys. We're talking about a piece of plastic here. I want one too but I'm either going to wait for Red's to become available again or I'll try to make my own... or, God forbid, I'll leave the machine as-is.
It takes creativity and ingenuity to develop anything new. To copy it just because the guy may be dealing with other things in his life seems a bit off to me. Your WH2O will still play fine without it. Just wait a few months or try your own thing.

#47 9 years ago

v8torino said:Shoot_Again,Pinside mail sent about reverse engineering these things,trying to get the ball rolling/or mountain rolling in this case,maybe we can make this happen sooner than the later we are running up against.
Laters,Kirk in Colorado
Here is a pic of one I may have a line on,we will see if that works out.
Attachments IMAG0161.jpg (99.9 KB, 0 downloads) 21 hours old IMAG0153.jpg (216.5 KB, 0 downloads) 21 hours old

Me and my GF have years of sculpting experience each.
Send me an email we can discuss more off of forum for now.
[email protected]
I could also just make something close or unique as well but probably would not likely get back my investment. I definetly do not want to step on anyones potential copyright.

Personally would prefer someone to sculpt a nice blue boat, to match that in the top right of the translite. Would be a nice mod. Would fit nicely and make a change from brown mountains.

image-3.jpg

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Personally would prefer someone to sculpt a nice blue boat, to match that in the top right of the translite. Would be a nice mod. Would fit nicely and make a change from brown mountains

I like this idea. A 3D raft would be cool... And I agree, there are probably enough mountains on this PF already. The spine chiller ramp is also where many have chosen to have the grizzly bear mod so there are a few good choices for that area.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Personally would prefer someone to sculpt a nice blue boat, to match that in the top right of the translite. Would be a nice mod. Would fit nicely and make a change from brown mountains

I like this idea. A 3D raft would be cool.

Agreed. When I first got to pinside two months or so ago, I asked about mods for that area. I searched a bunch of sites looking for a blue raft to place in there, but no luck. The bear is available at Michael's very cheaply.

#50 9 years ago

Reproducing someone else's product is absolutely the wrong way to go about this.

Shoot-again said he had sculpting experience so making an original model should not be a big deal. I too have sculpting and casting experience and someone could easily make their own original in about a weekend. This would not cost that much money just the time to figure out the correct size so that it fit into the game.

SmoothOn http://www.smooth-on.com/ has any casting and plastics needs you may have and some good how-to videos. They sell some resins that set up very quickly so demolding takes very little time. Once your mold is done a dozen could be done in a day.

I have one of Redwest's mountains and I did have to do a fair amount of shaving to get it to fit correctly IMO.

There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside