• Latest reply 9 years ago by gradient9
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_20140704_03_45_28_Pro.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I was recently swapping out a bad lamp socket in my Spider-man and noticed this wire was disconnected on the tilt switch on the inside left of the machine. The machine works 100% without it connected so I assume this just deactivates this tilt switch. Any ideas?

WP_20140704_03_45_28_Pro.jpgWP_20140704_03_45_28_Pro.jpg
#2 9 years ago

Actually with that wire disconnected, you have no plumb bob tilt.

#3 9 years ago

Yeah that's for the roll tilt. A smaller pinball goes in the rail and rolls in the track. If someone tries to pick the game up from the front, the ball rolls back, hits the switch and resets the game (like a slam tilt). You can leave it disconnected, but I'd solder it back as I don't like random wires flopping around as it could accidentally touch a coil lug and send power to the switch matrix and destroy the MPU.

You need to add the tilt bob to your tilt at the lower right though.

#4 9 years ago

Yikes! That was my thought too, I don't like a random loose wire floating in there. I wonder if the previous owner had issues with it and just disconnected it rather than trying to troubleshoot. I'm hoping I have an extra tilt bob and clip sitting around. If not, I'll get one from PBR.

Thank you for the quick help!

8 months later
#5 9 years ago

Finally got around to fixing this issue last night. The roll tilt still worked with it disconnected so it was definitely the plumb bob tilt. I added the tilt bob as well so the assembly is complete now. I also found a disconnected wire on the coin door slam so I soldered that one together as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington Township, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mystery-gottlieb-tilt-wire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.