pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20230203_160916- (resized).jpg
8E57E63B-8E5B-44BF-8F6D-4F18F23B03F1 (resized).jpeg
9EC6C26E-AFA1-4457-91D3-CA0190696871 (resized).jpeg
2E4F7C3F-8396-4C69-934B-1841C39B0BAD (resized).jpeg
2C944B0C-48D9-4503-8208-71DEAB59BD2B (resized).jpeg
776C1F70-ABC7-445E-AFA3-BD0640B98307 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomDK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 10 years ago

Huhu ....

I am also in the club ... in my small but nice colelction are 3 Alvin G. machines but MC is the nicest: sound , atmosphaere ... great !!

scottnds: maybe the lamp socket .. can you messure power on the line ? Desolder and hold it directly on a bulb ? Working ??

2 years later
#44 8 years ago

I played a Alvin G with Bally/Williams System 11 flipper unit. Yes, it is a big difference due to new coils, coilstops, and bushing.
It is too bad that there are no parts for Alvin G. available.

I will also rebuild my PP with Sys11 parts ... seems to be the onliest way to get power back to the flippers. The coils can stay the same !

I am also thinking on bushings made from bronce for Alvin G.
Will hold a lifetime but will cost nearly 20 Dollar each ...

#49 8 years ago

Looks like one of the rare proto type (sample) games !!
Condition is not so nice what I can see.

Plerase check if in front of Targets and ramps this "banderols) are White with no text or printed with the Name of the ramp / target.

Protos have also not this littlw dots on the cabinett, ist completely black.

1 month later
#69 8 years ago
Quoted from scottnds:

I was wondering if anyone has experimented with LEDs on their MC.
The upper playfield on mine seems a bit dull.
Cheers.

You have a upper playfield on a MC ??? Must be a very rare proto
You mean Pistol Poker ... or WOZ ?

NO Sir ... no LED in my Alvin G.´s and no LED in my other pins expect they came with LED´s .
Just my opinion. made a Centaur this days for a customer with LEDs .... bähhhh

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballpaully:

I have been looking for this pin for 6 years and today I'm finally getting mine. I can't wait to play. Can I be added to the club?!

Congratulations and welcome to the club !
We are a small circle of fine gentleman enjoying the very special in pinball. Unless we need spareparts, tha we become hunters

#88 8 years ago

Here we go ....

fratze2_(resized).jpgfratze2_(resized).jpg

trans-scan-bearb2_(resized).jpgtrans-scan-bearb2_(resized).jpg

#89 8 years ago

and yes .. stripping the playfield is a "pain in the ARGGF"

But the result is it worth !

DSCF1056_(resized).JPGDSCF1056_(resized).JPG

MC_267_(resized).JPGMC_267_(resized).JPG

DSCF2061_(resized).JPGDSCF2061_(resized).JPG

DSCF1069_(resized).JPGDSCF1069_(resized).JPG

DSCF1080_(resized).JPGDSCF1080_(resized).JPG

#93 8 years ago

Sorry, can not find my file ;-(

Will check this days or make a scan for you !

#98 8 years ago

Yes, the moon is just a print on clear foil and glued behind the translite.

There are no known issues with the soundboard. maybe your SoundROMs going mad ...
The soundboard is available in australia.

7 months later
#105 7 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

If you need like ANY parts for the game, check with MattElder. He's got like a Alvin G warehouse in his house.

And a museum !!

Just let us know where (if) you get stuck with the pin.
LED´s on Alvin G. is for me a NOGO . I love the machines the way they were back in the old days.

What is your serial ? All pcbs in a row ?

Congrats to this beautifull machine !

1 month later
#109 7 years ago

Congrats !! You have an Proto !
Please check the playfield ... if there are some areas white printed ?
There are protos out with different playfield and cabinett former garageBand , and some earlies with normal playfield but the red´ish cabinetts.

2 weeks later
#114 7 years ago

Thanks for the pic ... no proto !

See the difference on my playfield and you know what I mean .. I was just wondering about the earlie cabinett, former garageBand cabinet with the red and no "sprinkels".

MC 268 (resized).JPGMC 268 (resized).JPG

MC 277 (resized).JPGMC 277 (resized).JPG

MC 274 (resized).JPGMC 274 (resized).JPG

1 year later
#135 6 years ago

Congratz to this very fine pinball machine !
And welcome to the club !!

I would not remove the moon .... if unlucky you might destroy something. Leave it alone ...
Thr tranlucent targets are a pain in the ass, I need them for MC and PP but no way to get them.
I thought about making them and this days we have other materials like macrolon, PET, etc to make them more stable.

alvin_g_logo-tom2 (resized).jpgalvin_g_logo-tom2 (resized).jpg

alvin_g_logo-tom3 (resized).jpgalvin_g_logo-tom3 (resized).jpg

#141 6 years ago

No, please no .... no LED on this great machine.
That is the thing I dont understand, pinside is a meeting place for peoples onliest skill seems to be the possibiltie to order LEDs and overpriced "mods".
In the area when Alvin G. games came up there was no LED ! Buy a new pinbal and you have LED and it will fit to the machine and its aga, , but pleaaaase not in a Alvin G. pinball.

I have machines with LED and looks great .... MET, DI, WOZ ... and I have several machines with bulbs ... all which leaved the factory with bulbs ....

#142 6 years ago

Bulbs with condome

DSCF1068 (resized).JPGDSCF1068 (resized).JPG

DSCF1070 (resized).JPGDSCF1070 (resized).JPG

DSCF1071 (resized).JPGDSCF1071 (resized).JPG

DSCF1076 (resized).JPGDSCF1076 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#152 6 years ago

The black plastic is just mounted with some screws to the backside.

As you see on the pics before my renovation, that post was also missing on my machine. I mounted a normal post with a black rubber sleeve.
In front of the ramp I also mounted a "modding" post .. this is to prevent the ramp from damages. Its not original amnd maybe ugly .. but it saves this hard to buy ramp !

Please see pics if it helps with the posts. I have not measured them.

Cheers
Tom

DSCF1079 (resized).JPGDSCF1079 (resized).JPG

MC 100 (resized).JPGMC 100 (resized).JPG

MC 081 (resized).JPGMC 081 (resized).JPG

DSCF1108 (resized).JPGDSCF1108 (resized).JPG

MC 115 (resized).JPGMC 115 (resized).JPG

DSCF2062 (resized).JPGDSCF2062 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#166 5 years ago

Check the pin from the GI in the backbox ! Mine was burned .... there are 2 pins for 6 volts, the outer pin was melted.

1 month later
#173 5 years ago

Congratulation to this nice proto !!
I am the owner of the number behind you: # 3418

To get this machine was also an adventure: In germany we have a coinop who is importing pinbals, jukeboxes, signs and diner stuff in containers from the USA to Germany. He collected also a MC with no pcb´s, no speakergrilli and missing some coils and mechanics.
I swapped this machine with its missing parts against a "Black Rose" pinball. So the coinop told me that it will become hard to get spareparts and all the pcb.
Years before I importet an HUO garage Band from the USA and it came with a complete set of spare pcbs .... so it took me some days to get the MC up and running
For the speakergrill I modified the wood from a T2 and made a plexi myself, meanwhile years after I bought also a used speakergrill on ebay.

#175 5 years ago

Would be nice to know if you have the full ROM set or the "small set". Mine came with the "small set" but a friend of mine was able with the help of the whole community to burn it. So some more animations are the result !!

#177 5 years ago

I think this is the full set !

i was missing all this animations first !

#179 5 years ago

A swap of the coil from left to right would help to figure out **IF** it is the coil.
The price: Maybe solder an other transistor.

8 months later
#213 5 years ago

Sorry ... looks horrible. Rainbow puke ... much much tooo blue ...
But to be honest, I do not like LED in any gemae expect the designers used LED. A bulb is a bulb is a bulb ... nothing reaches original !
Very nice machine but LEDs = no go !
Better take the money for a new DMD, it looks bad.

1 month later
#220 4 years ago

In my opinion the boards are not that big problem. Expect powerboard all boards are available. The harder part is to get hardware like coils, coilstop, plunger. Coils are available.

#222 4 years ago

It was the pin for the GI in the backbox !
My pins are in a pinball club location right now so I can not check.
But it was on the right hand side the pins more to the middle of the board.

I have my Alvin´s around 10 years or more right now. From GI this was the onliest problem on one machine so far ! A NIB GoT LE made me more trouble in 6 weeks than all Alvin G.´s in 10 years

Power supplys seems to be weak for many people, mine are working finde.

#224 4 years ago

If the backbox GI get dark and it smells burned ... you are in the club. Meanwhile enjoy the game !!

After playing an hour you might check the plugs with the hand if warm or hot. With the years the connection becomes poor so the electric power can not flow and is swapped in heat ... bad to tell in english

11 months later
#234 3 years ago

The picture you added has nothing with prototype. Send pic from the playfield and cabinet (inner and outer).

Welcome to the club !!

6 months later
#237 3 years ago

Decals .. no way. The original cabinet was screenprinted and there are too low numbers out for decals.
You should start making your owns. Maybe someone has his MC standing free in the room and can make good pictures.
Or while in restauration scan your cabinet. The colors on MC are not that hard to print.

I send you a link .. backglas is for sale

11 months later
#239 2 years ago

Very nice ! Where to get the castle ?

#241 2 years ago

Thanks !

For me in Germany with shipping and taxes not available but :

ebay.com link: itm

1 year later
#247 1 year ago

My friend Matt asked me for a rampdecal for the large left ramp.
So me and ClarkKent worked some weeks to reproduce the decal from my game.
The result is very nice ....

So if someone needs this decal, I know small numbers on MC, can contact me. Price will be 20 Euro plus shipping.

IMG_7050 (resized).jpgIMG_7050 (resized).jpgIMG_7051 (resized).jpgIMG_7051 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#288 10 months ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

From what I have seen, that power supply board is pretty difficult to find a replacement for and it's a common failure point.

Yes, but it is no complicated electronics. So every electronics guy should be able to work it over.
Mostly the fuseholders are crap , bridgeretriever and caps to replace. Its not a "nodeboard"

Quoted from hisokajp:

i got the last "PCA-019" (not the A one)

As I remember the layout is little different but all needet votlages will be deliverd. I have also some of them as spare but so far my electronic geeks could always rescue my boards.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
St Charles, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomDK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mystery-castle-fan-club?tu=TomDK and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.