Topic Stats

• 228 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by davebart5
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 86 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0548 (resized).jpg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpg
Target.pdf (PDF preview)
DSC01267 (resized).JPG
DSC01276 (resized).JPG
DSC01262 (resized).jpg
IMG_1730 (resized).JPG
IMG_1729 (resized).JPG
IMG_1732 (resized).JPG
IMG_1731 (resized).JPG
IMG_4040 (resized).JPG
IMG_4039 (resized).JPG
IMG_4038 (resized).JPG
IMG_4035 (resized).JPG
A3A4C84C-3A2D-4D3A-9506-9C9A11127041 (resized).jpeg
49E938D0-6284-43B4-9C29-27EA843AEEE6 (resized).jpeg

There are 228 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 3 years ago

You guys are lucky to be in the club. I have been in the hobby since 1998 and have never even seen this game in person. Would love to play it sometime....looks very cool!

#52 3 years ago

That's not a proto machine. The cabinets being 'speckled' or not actually seems to come and go throughout the run. The playfield does look really nice, though.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Seems like $4k-5k the last few years.

Gonna disagree. There have been a couple sub 4k in the last 6 months that have sat for awhile. I was looking at one, but after having a game with hard to get parts (PM) opted against it.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Gonna disagree. There have been a couple sub 4k in the last 6 months that have sat for awhile. I was looking at one, but after having a game with hard to get parts (PM) opted against it.

Where? I know of two that sold above 4k in the past year and they lasted less than a couple of days.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Looks like one of the rare proto type (sample) games !!
Condition is not so nice what I can see.
Plerase check if in front of Targets and ramps this "banderols) are White with no text or printed with the Name of the ramp / target.
Protos have also not this littlw dots on the cabinett, ist completely black.

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

That's not a proto machine. The cabinets being 'speckled' or not actually seems to come and go throughout the run. The playfield does look really nice, though.

Yep, just a normal game here, but nice looking. They had a lot of leftover World Tour cabinets (and playfields.... hence the crapload of NOS ones that are out there), so who knows how many ended up getting re-screened for MC.

Regarding the speckled MC cabinets, as Brian said they seem to come and go throughout the run. I asked former art director Dan Hughes about why there were 2 different cabinet versions and he said Churchill screwed up and delivered some without the white speckles. They were all supposed to have them....

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

This could be, but the majority of them have been going for what Brian mentioned. Have been for a few years now....

#57 3 years ago

There's 1 for $6k right now

That said, I say "let the game raise in price!!"

#58 3 years ago

In other news, I really wish someone would repro the ramps with decals! That would save many of these games

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

There's 1 for $6k right now
That said, I say "let the game raise in price!!"

And a very nice one for 4.2k. Just because someone asks for 6k doesn't mean they will get it.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

In other news, I really wish someone would repro the ramps with decals! That would save many of these games

Yeah, these would be great. I sold a lot of NOS MC ramp sets over the years and always wished I had decals for them. The old ones can be tricky to take off and salvage/transfer.

I am working on getting flipper pawls reproduced, but still very early in the process, so who knows if it'll happen....

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

And a very nice one for 4.2k. Just because someone asks for 6k doesn't mean they will get it.

And it lasted all of one hour which suggests it was underpriced.

#63 3 years ago

I can't wait to play this game! It's the perfect castle of terror type game for my haunted house of pinball. Art alone is outstanding! Music is on par with Phantom of the Opera. Some of the best...

#64 3 years ago

So on my game, the ball drains to the left outlane a lot when it pops out the outhole on the left side of the playfield. Anyone else have this issue? Trying to figure out how I might remedy this as it's super annoying.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

So on my game, the ball drains to the left outlane a lot when it pops out the outhole on the left side of the playfield. Anyone else have this issue? Trying to figure out how I might remedy this as it's super annoying.

It happens from time to time. One thing that helps a bit is to bend the wall-type ball guide to the left of the kickout hole. Push the top of the guide (part closest to the hole) out towards the siderail, and push the top of the lower part of the ball guide in towards the playfield a bit. Basically, you're slightly twisting the whole thing to push the ball away from the outlane.

1 week later
#66 3 years ago

Okay so I put several rounds of play on my minty production sample #2 game last night. Wow! This pin is much deeper than I thought! The more I play it, the more I'm liking it.

I do have a whole other set of boards on hand if someone needs any (untested but assume non-working). PM me and we'll work something out.

#67 3 years ago

I would love to join the club! Seems like an outstanding rare game ( which is rare in and of itself, usually either rare or outstanding, infrequently both)

3 weeks later
#68 3 years ago

I was wondering if anyone has experimented with LEDs on their MC.
The upper playfield on mine seems a bit dull.
Cheers.

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from scottnds:

I was wondering if anyone has experimented with LEDs on their MC.
The upper playfield on mine seems a bit dull.
Cheers.

You have a upper playfield on a MC ??? Must be a very rare proto
You mean Pistol Poker ... or WOZ ?

NO Sir ... no LED in my Alvin G.´s and no LED in my other pins expect they came with LED´s .
Just my opinion. made a Centaur this days for a customer with LEDs .... bähhhh

#70 3 years ago

Yes Ive had mine LEDed out for quite a while really helps the red pop when the gi switches.
Here is a post I made right after I did it. I have since found out that the newer LEDs work on the controlled lamps the ones I tried back then didnt work.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-finished-mystery-castle-led-install#post-165465

#71 3 years ago

Sorry I meant the top half of the playfield.
Nomenclature error on my behalf.
I fall on my sword.

#72 3 years ago

I have been looking for this pin for 6 years and today I'm finally getting mine. I can't wait to play. Can I be added to the club?!

#73 3 years ago

Does everyone's back glass have the evil moon decal on it? It is my understanding that it was an optional decal sent with the games. I have an NOS back glass (installed in a SwapBox) that I'm looking to add the evil moon decal to. If anyone has an extra they'd be willing to sell, hit me up please!

Todd

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbmathews:

I have been looking for this pin for 6 years and today I'm finally getting mine. I can't wait to play. Can I be added to the club?!

Welcome! Took me 2 years and I thought I was patient.

#75 3 years ago

How are you guys changing globes?
I just noticed that alot of mine are just stapled to the underside of the playfield.
Buy new sockets and change them out or re staple?
Looks to be about 20.
Scott.

#76 3 years ago

Does anyone have this decal, or a scan of it? If I can get a scan I'll make my own, if anyone is willing to help me out. Thanks.

Todd

Mystery_Castle_moon_decal_(resized).JPG

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from scottnds:

How are you guys changing globes?
I just noticed that alot of mine are just stapled to the underside of the playfield.
Buy new sockets and change them out or re staple?
Looks to be about 20.
Scott.

Scott,

I always change the lamps from the topside of the playfield. Just strip anything off that's in the way. The ramps can be a pain to remove, but it's a lot less hassle to go this route than to pull staples and remove sockets. I finished stripping a MC playfield from a parted out game a while back (yes, definitely a shame someone trashed one of these rarities!), and it was quite a job removing the staples. I can't imagine doing it with a playfield in a cabinet, especially just to replace burnt out lamps.

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from TG:

Does anyone have this decal, or a scan of it? If I can get a scan I'll make my own, if anyone is willing to help me out. Thanks.
Todd

Mystery_Castle_moon_decal_(resized).JPG

Todd,

I will get you a scan from mine. Send me a PM as a reminder though, and keep on me so I don't forget. My scanner at home is broken so I'll have to take it somewhere when I get a chance....

#79 3 years ago

Anyone know where to get replacement drop targets. Ordered some from pinball life work but different than existing ones.
Thanks

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from pin15:

Anyone know where to get replacement drop targets. Ordered some from pinball life work but different than existing ones.
Thanks

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/dtp-001.html

#81 3 years ago

Thanks for link. Thought heard someone in US sold these as well. 20 dollar shipping from Aus little steep.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from pin15:

Thanks for link. Thought heard someone in US sold these as well. 20 dollar shipping from Aus little steep.

Yes, Marco still has some in stock... http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/DTP-001

#83 3 years ago

Thanks Matt just ordered from Marcos.
Loving my mc - just got the #2 serial number game that made its way through couple of us on Pinside. It's a keeper plays different than anything else I have.

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from pin15:

Thanks Matt just ordered from Marcos.
Loving my mc - just got the #2 serial number game that made its way through couple of us on Pinside. It's a keeper plays different than anything else I have.

No problem. I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying it. It really is an amazing game. The artwork, music and layout just come together perfectly and it really draws you in. Have fun with it!

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Todd,
I will get you a scan from mine. Send me a PM as a reminder though, and keep on me so I don't forget. My scanner at home is broken so I'll have to take it somewhere when I get a chance....

Awesome, thanks Matt! I'll send you a PM reminder.

Todd

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Scott,
I always change the lamps from the topside of the playfield. Just strip anything off that's in the way. The ramps can be a pain to remove, but it's a lot less hassle to go this route than to pull staples and remove sockets. I finished stripping a MC playfield from a parted out game a while back (yes, definitely a shame someone trashed one of these rarities!), and it was quite a job removing the staples. I can't imagine doing it with a playfield in a cabinet, especially just to replace burnt out lamps.

Thanks Matt.
I was thinking the ramps would be a pain.
I was going to experiment with a few LEDs but might just leave them alone till they need changing.
Cheers
Scott.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbmathews:

Congratulations and welcome to the club !
We are a small circle of fine gentleman enjoying the very special in pinball. Unless we need spareparts, tha we become hunters

#88 3 years ago

Here we go ....

fratze2_(resized).jpg

trans-scan-bearb2_(resized).jpg

#89 3 years ago

and yes .. stripping the playfield is a "pain in the ARGGF"

But the result is it worth !

DSCF1056_(resized).JPG

MC_267_(resized).JPG

DSCF2061_(resized).JPG

DSCF1069_(resized).JPG

DSCF1080_(resized).JPG

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Here we go ....

fratze2_(resized).jpgtrans-scan-bearb2_(resized).jpg

Thanks Tom!

#91 3 years ago

I have had the machine about a week and absolutely love it. This has been without a doubt worth the wait. Amazing game.

#92 3 years ago

Can I get a scan of a drop target too. I need to replace one as well.

#93 3 years ago

Sorry, can not find my file ;-(

Will check this days or make a scan for you !

#94 3 years ago

I have had 2 so far. First one I sold to a guy in RI.... Missed it as soon as it was gone.

Second one I got may be HUO, but damb it was dirty when i got her. Cab was a 10 and after cleaning PF was a 9. Dirt saved the PF.

They were cleaning the thing with Pledge.....

#95 3 years ago

Can you owners tell me if the moon face on the backglass is a decal, or a plastic piece with standoffs? Thanks!

Todd

#96 3 years ago

Are there any known issues with AG sound boards? Got mine set up and tested for MGC again, and the music on it keeps cutting out although the sound effects seem to stay. Reseating didn't work. I'm probably still going to take it because in the hall you can't really hear the music anyway, but it's annoying and I want to fix it either way.

I believe the moon thing is a decal by the way. Mine isn't "on site" with me to check, but when I had the glass off the other day that's what I remember.

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I believe the moon thing is a decal by the way. Mine isn't "on site" with me to check, but when I had the glass off the other day that's what I remember.

Cool, thanks Dan.

Todd

#98 3 years ago

Yes, the moon is just a print on clear foil and glued behind the translite.

There are no known issues with the soundboard. maybe your SoundROMs going mad ...
The soundboard is available in australia.

#99 3 years ago

Is it the same sound board as Pistol Poker? I could swap them to try but I don't have tons of time right now to do so...

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from TG:

Can you owners tell me if the moon face on the backglass is a decal, or a plastic piece with standoffs? Thanks!
Todd

As Dan and Tom said, the angry moon is just a decal that is stuck to the backside of the backglass, BUT originally the plan was to have an angry moon plastic mounted on the light board with standoffs. These plastics pop up from time to time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
There are 228 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside