2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by redrock
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-3 (resized).jpg
    Kicker Sw (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redrock.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I have a start sequence issue I have never seen before where I cannot find a switch, looking at both the schematic and on the playfield. My Williams 1970 Jive Time has a switch stopping the start sequence. It's called the KICKER SW (N/C). It need the yellow common to work. If I jumper the common it works. (The attached shows the circuit where the Coin Relay closed and locks the Lock Relay, thus providing a path at the yellow common, through this Kicker Switcher!)

There are only 2 kickers for this machine, called Auto Kickers, used for the Spin function. I verified this with the manual as the only reference, which are for two coils. Reviewing all the text and wire colors for the motor switches show nothing. Looking at the the switches on the playfield don't match the wire colors (yellow & block-orange).

I even bought an original schematic -- in poor condition but it hasn't helped. Any suggestions?

Kicker Sw (resized).jpgKicker Sw (resized).jpg
    #3 2 years ago

You mean TILT?

#5 2 years ago

Yes, that is the issue! I always called it a tilt switch but its really called Kick Off Switch.

Thanks so much for the help.

#7 2 years ago

Yes, got it. If the schematic called the switch Kick Off I probably would have found it.

Thanks to all.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redrock.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mysterious-switch-williams-jive-time?tu=redrock and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.