(Topic ID: 129405)

Myrtle Beach june 12th

By speedball

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    20150623_122923.jpg
    20150624_141136.jpg
    20150624_145041.jpg
    image.jpg

#1 8 years ago

Ill be in Myrtle Beach june 12th . Looking for recommendations on where to play. Maybe even get to meet some fellow pinsiders and have a few cold ones. Thanks in advance ....Tim

#2 8 years ago

There is a group calling themselves the Myrtle Beach Pinball Muesum. However, based on this facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MyrtleBeachPinballMuseum/ it does not look like they have a permanent location. Could be worth looking into though

#3 8 years ago

I'll be there June 13 - 20th.

#4 8 years ago

I'll be there the 20-27th. I would love to know places to play or people to meet as well.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from yfz450:

Yfz 450 maybe we could meet up im also orig. From Pa moved to GA in 1991. Would love to meet some other pinsiders

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from cale:

There is a group calling themselves the Myrtle Beach Pinball Muesum. However, based on this facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MyrtleBeachPinballMuseum/ it does not look like they have a permanent location. Could be worth looking into though

Thanks ill look into it.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

I'll be there the 20-27th. I would love to know places to play or people to meet as well.

I may still be there then.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from yfz450:

Shoot me a pm and ill give you my number and where ill be staying.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from speedball:

Shoot me a pm and ill give you my number and where ill be staying.

Pm sent

#10 8 years ago

There is the arcade in Garden city which is south of Surfside beach.

#11 8 years ago

I ask this question every year when I go. There's 3-4 places I've found. But the sad thing is, you won't find enjoyable pinball in Myrtle Beach. With that said:

Sea Mist Hotel has an Arcade. It's barely maintained. It's very ugly. Has pinball machines. But they put screws in the playfield to have the player avoid shooting areas that don't work. I have great memories when I was a kid here.
    Gay Dolphin. It doesn't have pinball, it has pitch and bats. I love them.
    The arcade right next to the Gay Dolphin, I don't remember the name. It Might just be "ARCADE." It also doesn't have pinball machines. But it does have '57 Williams pitch and bats that are super fun.
    Garden City arcade. It has pinball machines. They do work.

By the end of your journey, you will be happy to just play at home. If you find other places to play, please let me know as I just have tons of memories of going to the arcades in Myrtle Beach.

BTW: Go to the Pirate bar/restaurant in Myrells Inlet. I had the best Filet there. They had really good food and cant wait to go back.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from huo:

I ask this question every year when I go. There's 3-4 places I've found. But the sad thing is, you won't find enjoyable pinball in Myrtle Beach. With that said:
    Sea Mist Hotel has an Arcade. It's barely maintained. It's very ugly. Has pinball machines. But they put screws in the playfield to have the player avoid shooting areas that don't work. I have great memories when I was a kid here.
    Gay Dolphin. It doesn't have pinball, it has pitch and bats. I love them.
    The arcade right next to the Gay Dolphin, I don't remember the name. It Might just be "ARCADE." It also doesn't have pinball machines. But it does have '57 Williams pitch and bats that are super fun.
    Garden City arcade. It has pinball machines. They do work.
    By the end of your journey, you will be happy to just play at home. If you find other places to play, please let me know as I just have tons of memories of going to the arcades in Myrtle Beach.
    BTW: Go to the Pirate bar/restaurant in Myrells Inlet. I had the best Filet there. They had really good food and cant wait to go back.

I have some good memories there also.wasnt there a big arcade with redemption games and some pinball machines right on the strand? Its been a long time ago since i was a kid and played any games on the strand. Since i had kids of my own the only time i left the beach was to go back to hotel. But now the kids are older.so i can get away to play

#13 8 years ago

Here now. Playing some pitch and bat while my daughter plays 1010 on her phone damn image.jpgimage.jpgkids

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from speedball:

I have some good memories there also.wasnt there a big arcade with redemption games and some pinball machines right on the strand? Its been a long time ago since i was a kid and played any games on the strand. Since i had kids of my own the only time i left the beach was to go back to hotel. But now the kids are older.so i can get away to play

In the downtown area Boardwalk at the Beach, theres 2-3 arcades. I didnt mention the one in Ripleys as I dont find anything there thats worth playing. Your best bet is to become a fan of pitch and bats. If you find one similar to this I'd buy one in a second.

Oh, theres also 1 more arcade in the Garden City platform building thats right in the small downtown area.

Most of the places are redemption and not worth a damn. Garden City would win in playable pinball. But its really something you have to give up on. It just doesnt exist down there for some odd reason.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from huo:

In the downtown area Boardwalk at the Beach, theres 2-3 arcades. I didnt mention the one in Ripleys as I dont find anything there thats worth playing. Your best bet is to become a fan of pitch and bats. If you find one similar to this I'd buy one in a second.
    Oh, theres also 1 more arcade in the Garden City platform building thats right in the small downtown area.
    Most of the places are redemption and not worth a damn. Garden City would win in playable pinball. But its really something you have to give up on. It just doesnt exist down there for some odd reason.

Ok thanks for the info ill look around while im there.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from TonyH:

Here now. Playing some pitch and bat while my daughter plays 1010 on her phone damn image.jpg kids

Thats ok if shes on her phone. Shes still spending time with dad...enjoy these times with them i know i do

#17 8 years ago

Speedball:

My wife and I went to Myrtle Beach about a month ago and found very little in the way of pinball. We did stop at Garden City and found an arcade that had five machines I believe. At the time they had a Pirates of the Caribbean, Walking Dead and I don't recall the others because we only played those two. The walking Dead tilt mechanism was so sensitive you could not even play the game. I was kind of pissed and went and found the guy that ran the place. I held my temper and just talked to him for a while and told him how I had my own machines and stuff and he became pretty friendly. Said he didn't do much with the machines that someone else was responsible but he did know how to adjust the tilt and set it to a normal level. Actually put up about five or six free games for us to play. We had fun and left happy. This was before schools were out and almost no one in the place. Worth checking out.

Al

#18 8 years ago

It has been forever ago so probably doesnt exist anymore... But the hotel Captain's Quarters had a bowling alley on the 6th floor with an arcade. I remember the back room of the arcade was nothing but pinball. Last time i was there was probably in the 90s. There was a bunch of System 11 and WPC games back there. I think UMK3 was new because I remember playing that there too.

Anyone else remember Captain's Quarters?

#19 8 years ago

Yea the Sea Mist was a piss poor arcade, tables were trashed.
    Go to Shuckers Bar Restaurant, the one in broadway.
    They have an Addams family and pool tables upstairs.
    Looooooose tilt, we played for hours.
    oyster specials and cheap Carbombs from what I can remember.

#20 8 years ago

Happened to stop at Myrtle Beach Mall for the book store and found Player's Choice arcade and comic store. Great place. Worth the trip if you're in the area. I spent a couple hours there much to my wife's chagrin. Only one pin running, but lots of arcades (all games $.25) and a great store overall.

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/player-s-choice-myrtle-beach-sc-united-states

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from CharlestonSCPins:

Speedball:
    My wife and I went to Myrtle Beach about a month ago and found very little in the way of pinball. We did stop at Garden City and found an arcade that had five machines I believe. At the time they had a Pirates of the Caribbean, Walking Dead and I don't recall the others because we only played those two. The Walking Dead tilt mechanism was so sensitive you could not even play the game. I was kind of pissed and went and found the guy that ran the place. I held my temper and just talked to him for a while and told him how I had my own machines and stuff and he became pretty friendly. Said he didn't do much with the machines that someone else was responsible but he did know how to adjust the tilt and set it to a normal level. Actually put up about five or six free games for us to play. We had fun and left happy. This was before schools were out and almost no one in the place. Worth checking out.
    Al

Just to confirm, are you saying that the garden city pier has a walking dead. When inwas there last year it just had IJ4 and POTC. If so im stoked. Im gonna be down there for 2 weeks soon.

#22 8 years ago

Indeed it does! I was just there. TWD in excellent condition. IJ4 (Stern) is definitely playable, but flippers are a bit weak. POTC in good condition. All mechs and features work on all three.

Got a replay on both IJ4 and POTC.

#23 8 years ago

Sweet. I'll be there for 2 weeks and I'm for sure going to make some time to drop some tokens in to those 3 pins!!! I still have tokens left over from last year that I've been carrying around in the car's coin tray.

2 weeks later
    #24 8 years ago
    Quoted from kyle5574:

Happened to stop at Myrtle Beach Mall for the book store and found Player's Choice arcade and comic store. Great place. Worth the trip if you're in the area. I spent a couple hours there much to my wife's chagrin. Only one pin running, but lots of arcades (all games $.25) and a great store overall.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/player-s-choice-myrtle-beach-sc-united-states

I found this place thanks its at the Mrytle Beach Mall. My son had a great time playing Super Mario Brothers Pinball and SMB Arcade machine right next to each other. Can't beat .25 to play all the retro arcade machines in great working/restored condition. It seems like every game I would want to play was there including Dragons Lair which I have not played since I was a kid in the 80's!

#25 8 years ago

20150624_145041.jpg20150624_145041.jpg20150624_141136.jpg20150624_141136.jpg

#26 8 years ago

Good find, Jester! I'll be in the Myrtle Beach area at my mother in law's place for most of July. Keep those location tips coming! Need to soothe the pinball withdrawals!

Rob
    Creditdotpinball.com

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from spiroagnew:

Good find, Jester! I'll be in the Myrtle Beach area at my mother in law's place for most of July. Keep those location tips coming! Need to soothe the pinball withdrawals!
    Rob
    Creditdotpinball.com

We stay at the Wyndam resort in North Myrtyle. They also have Shrek machine in the game room ...standard routed quality here I am playing it like I am dying to play...

20150623_122923.jpg20150623_122923.jpg

#28 8 years ago

Played some TWD today. In great shape. But unlevel a bit so balls roll towards the cavernous left outlane a lot. tokens are 3 for a dollar and a credit is 4 tokens. So 1.33 a game. Or 3 games for 8 tokens.

1 week later
    #29 8 years ago

I was out to the arcade again today and they have updated the code in the last day or so. Most noticable to me is the flashing inside the prison when the doors are open. But nice to see the op updated the code, even if it did wipe my high scores... Im only in town a couple more days so gonna have to make some extra time to play!

#30 8 years ago

I can attest to the Shrek at Wyndham North Myrtle. Several switches aren't registering, but it's pinball while on vacation. Life is good..image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
    #31 8 years ago

Made the drive out to the Garden City Pavilion Arcade today. TWD was in great shape, replay set at about 20M. Stern IJ played decent...left flipper had a little play so you'd experience a bit of a flutter kick on catches...player friendly game, the ball was making all the right bounces...got to put my initials in, which doesn't happen every day. Only put one game on POTC...played decent. With replays and matches I think I played for about an hour and a half on four bucks. With the anemic pinball scene in MB, this place is worth the drive to get a quick fix.

Rob
    creditdotpinball.com

#32 8 years ago

Also visited Player's Choice in the very sad Myrtle Beach Mall. Bally Dungeons & Dragons was out of order...and the Gott Super Mario Brothers had seen better days (you thought SMB was a dog? Play it with a weak upper flipper and some busted switches...). Still dropped a couple of quarters in it, and had one of those experiences where you just want the ball to drain, but you get all the bounces. The video game selection was absolutely top notch--they had all the classic quarter eaters including a six-player X-Men ("Welcome to Die"). Everything set to a quarter per play, which stretches your dollar, to be sure. They have a very big space--looks to be an old American Eagle storefront, so there is plenty of potential...hopefully some more pins make an appearance.

Rob
    creditdotpinball.com

3 months later
    #33 8 years ago

I dont understand why there are so many arcades and so many games/pins that are down in Myrtle Beach. Makes me wonder if I should just retire and work on games in the arcades down there.

#34 8 years ago

Was just down in myrtle a couple of weeks ago, very disappointing pinball scene. Even the Ripley's arcade didn't have a Ripley's believe it or not pinball. How could they not have one!?!
    The line of pitch and bats were fun to play and great to see a line of 30 identical machines, as you don't see that in arcades anymore.

A couple of general Myrtle beach suggestions,
    -House of Blues, Sunday morning gospel brunch buffet. Live soulful gospel music, great buffet with biscuits and gravy, and chicken and waffles....need I say more?
    -Murrells Inlet, Amazing brackish water area that is lined with bars and restaurants, dock that connects all the bars, live music at almost every place, you can buy a drink at one bar, walk down the dock 6 bars down and drop your dink off there and get another. Great seafood! We found this area toward the end of our trip and if we had found it earlier we would have spend every evening doing dinner there. Fantastic selection of food from very inexpensive, to very expensive.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/myrtle-beach-june-12th and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.