(Topic ID: 109510)

myPinballs Squawk & Talk Sound Board - Gordon's Alive!

By applejuice

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by applejuice
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 40 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F5EBF4D1-C716-4FCD-B667-2240AA07C1BD (resized).jpeg
    7C48B90F-F7C0-4BB3-9448-D04E7910B9E4 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5231_(resized).JPG
    IMG_5232_(resized).JPG
    IMG_4057.jpg
    IMG_3805.JPG
    IMG_20150425_211057.jpg
    IMG_3987.jpg
    IMG_3984.jpg
    IMG_3989.jpg
    IMG_3985.jpg
    IMG_3986.jpg
    IMG_3982.jpg
    IMG_3983.jpg
    IMG_4120.JPG

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 3 years ago

Do you have any squalk and talk left, i need one for my fathom

Thank's

#102 3 years ago
    Quoted from Redketchup:

Do you have any squalk and talk left, i need one for my fathom
    Thank's

Yes i can supply you a new board no problem. I will be building these for the foreseeable. Will drop you a pm shortly with order details.

This would be a good time also to give a small update on progress. I have around 5 blanks left form batch 1 which i will start to build as the next set of order come in. Then after that I will order the batch 2 blanks. I have also sourced a good high quality nos supply of TMS5200 ics to at fairly reasonable prices so the chip can continue to be included for now in the total price. The stock is in really great condition to, the best i've seen so far.

I'm also extremely grateful to everyone who has ordered a board from me over the last year or so and the comments and feedback you have given me. It really means a lot that you think these boards are better than the original. All the work and effort is worth it when you get positive comments

Cheers Jim

You can view my full list of electronics products available from my web store anytime here to - http://www.mypinballs.co.uk/electronics/store.jsp

3 months later
    #103 3 years ago

Any news about when the next batch will ship? Ordered one last week

#104 3 years ago
    Quoted from karl:

Any news about when the next batch will ship? Ordered one last week

Hi Karl,

Yes got your order through and it is in the next batch being made. Hopefully they will be ready within the next 3 weeks or so. I am waiting for more pcbs to arrive

#105 3 years ago

Batch 2 pcb blanks should arrive tomorrow all being well then assembly will start up again. I am also waiting for the next batch of TMS5200 speech chips to arrive from my supplier

1 week later
    #106 3 years ago

More stocks of the uber hard to get TMS5200 ic have arrived. I now have enough chips for the full batch 2 run, so it will continue to be included with the board. These are all NOS and still with shiny legs having been properly stored for their 35 years waiting for s&t action !!

IMG_5232_(resized).JPG

IMG_5231_(resized).JPG

#107 3 years ago

Pre-paid for a S&T + bought a Sound Effects Board....can't wait.

3 months later
    #108 3 years ago

Yesterday someone contacted me regarding getting this board redesign to work with the Midway game 'Discs of Tron' I will admit that i didn't really know much about this game as i am mainly a pinball guy with a love for the early Nintendo arcade upright cabs and games (as shown on my space firebird thread )

So last night i spent a little time studying the schematics and burring a new set of roms to try out in one of my boards. Here are the results The boards i'm making can easily be adapted to run in these games i think and i will make some further improvements on the next batch of boards for true plug and play if they are something that would be popular for this game to.

Enjoy! "Bring in the Logic Probe!"

The video shows boot up and a boot sound along with the speech and sound tests from the boards hardware. The speech test goes through each speech call in turn. The sound test is at the end of the speech tests and plays 1 effect to confirm operation. The board then reboots.

I may post another video later with some of the sound effects playing on my 8ball deluxe pinball to

3 months later
    #109 3 years ago

More stock of the hard to find speech ics located so my new boards will continue to include this chip. All original ics properly stored for all these years waiting for s&t action

image (resized).jpeg

2 years later
    #110 4 months ago

Hey applejuice, I just stumbled onto this thread and was curious as to the current status of these boards. I see that they are sold out on your website. Are you still making batches from time to time? If so, how are you sourcing the TMS5200 chips? Finally, is their any prospects for the TMS5200 chips to be remade? Someone on KLOV is remaking the Atari POKEY chips and it had me wondering if a modern TMS5200 was possible.

Thanks!

#111 3 months ago
    Quoted from alveolus:

Hey applejuice, I just stumbled onto this thread and was curious as to the current status of these boards. I see that they are sold out on your website. Are you still making batches from time to time? If so, how are you sourcing the TMS5200 chips? Finally, is their any prospects for the TMS5200 chips to be remade? Someone on KLOV is remaking the Atari POKEY chips and it had me wondering if a modern TMS5200 was possible.
    Thanks!

Hi,

Yes i am still making these board in batches. I have closed my order book temporarily whilst i catch up on the order queue. I am reaching 100 boards built now. You can be added to the wait list if you are interested in one. I find it easier these days not to take peoples money up front until the boards are ready to ship. Much less hassle this way.

Re the TMS5200 ics. Yes i buy in bulk and have to invest large sums of money to do so (>£1K). Which i don't recover for years on the board sales, but its worth doing so i can supply good quality boards for pinball and arcade people with ALL the chips still included. I just purchased another 100 NOS ics. The actual amount of NOS ics worldwide is getting very low.

If someone wants to reproduce the ic using an fpga ic then i would be interested to help. This chip is one of my favourite ever created.

3 weeks later
    #112 3 months ago

Another 100 in stock!!

7C48B90F-F7C0-4BB3-9448-D04E7910B9E4 (resized).jpegF5EBF4D1-C716-4FCD-B667-2240AA07C1BD (resized).jpeg
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 149.00
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.00
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    $ 114.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 88.00
    $ 34.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside