Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Zablon
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5668_(resized).JPG
IMG_5659_(resized).JPG
IMG_5594_(resized).JPG
IMG_5277_(resized).JPG
IMG_5278_(resized).JPG
IMG_5272_(resized).JPG
IMG_4389.jpg
IMG_4064.jpg
IMG_4065.jpg
IMG_4066.jpg
IMG_4025.jpg
IMG_4022.jpg
IMG_4019.jpg
IMG_4020.jpg
IMG_4013.jpg
IMG_4018.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk1mod0.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 4 years ago

So, later this year I'll be starting work on assembling a new project I'm designating the "Multi-Bally." It's an advanced wide-body cabinet that will accept any of the early Bally s/s games. (And probably some of the Sterns as well.) With the Alltek all-in-one MPU it will be easy to switch the software appropriately. What I need is a sound board that works the same, with all the sound roms on a single chip where I could simply switch the micro-switches to get the right game sounds out of the game to match whatever play field happens to be in it. This seems like a good platform. Do you think that's possible?

#27 4 years ago

Basically I am looking at the entire line of games that used the -17 and -35 MPUs. (A number of the earliest games used chimes.) Everything in them is the same, with the same plugs. (MPU, SDB, light card, etc.) From my limited research I see the same as you, that the plug-ins for the early sound cards are the same. The cards just got more sophisticated.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk1mod0.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside