IMG_2225 (resized).JPG
IMG_2212 (resized).JPG
sega magnet processor board v1.0 layout (resized).png
z20180620_203000 (resized).jpg
z20180620_202944 (resized).jpg
z20180620_202927 (resized).jpg
z20180620_202915 (resized).jpg
z20180620_202906 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ypurchn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 5 years ago

I’ll take a mag board for twister.

Added over 6 years ago:

Super pumped you’re doing this. A huge help to the community.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

I’ll take a mag board for twister.

Added yesterday: Super pumped you’re doing this. A huge help to the community.

Bump to keep support up and grab more attention.

1 week later
#42 5 years ago

Super stoked to get this. My board is a hot mess E33228CB-7ED2-4CF7-873E-6AB200549718 (resized).jpegE33228CB-7ED2-4CF7-873E-6AB200549718 (resized).jpeg

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Some good progress today. The board is fully working. Both magnets work in game and i was able to test the diverter magnet in test to. (Something that did not work with my original board). Not without a lot of head scratching during the day though and plenty of swearing!, but my design is now proven
Pic of the fully assembled board

Some videos of testing on my instagram page
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj-W9MWlZvO/?taken-by=mypinballs
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj-Y9Vhl4qY/?taken-by=mypinballs
I've also learnt a few more things today on what needs to be functional and installed for the board to work at all. Even though the board has 2 mirrored sections, one section is more important than the other and must be functional before the other will work etc. I believe this is because only 1 section is used to create the references after the board comes out of reset. If this initialisation doesn't not pass then the board will do nothing.
I have a question for owners of original boards. How many pins is the j1 connector on your game. 14 pins or 15 pins? The schematic says 14, but the original board i have has 15, but my connector only has 14. Possibly pin15 should be another +5v (same as pin14) Let me know what you board and connector is like. Also send pic of how your board mounts to your playfield underside.

Does this help?
D62FC01C-6BF0-4F3C-A155-3AC2E5681F97 (resized).jpegD62FC01C-6BF0-4F3C-A155-3AC2E5681F97 (resized).jpegD630B688-475F-4A99-8AC0-D10F91523565 (resized).jpegD630B688-475F-4A99-8AC0-D10F91523565 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#69 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

The lead time for the completed v1.0 boards will be around 4 weeks once i have the blanks here.

When do you think the blanks will be ordered? Just trying to get a feel for an estimated ship date.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

v1.0 blanks were ordered 31st July. Estimated arrived date to me is 22nd August give or take.

thanks for heads up. So it smells like an early October time frame for delivery. assuming no hick-ups.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from rrocker:

I know I'm pretty excited to get one of these new boards installed on my Twister! The board in my machine has never worked so it will be an entirely new experience.

Quoted from woody6092:

That makes two of us rrocker; except mine did work for about 5 plays and then it was done.

It’s cool during the start of multiball when all of the balls collect on the disc and start spinning around while other balls get launched in. Very unique idea that helps drown out “everybody underground now”

3 weeks later
#77 5 years ago

Any updates?

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Boards are being assembled at present for the first set of orders. I aim to have them done, tested and shipped in the next few weeks. After that I will get the next set of invoices out for people on the list and start assembling those.

Thanks.

#82 5 years ago

Will anything need to be done about the service bulliten fix for the mag board that required a cap to be installed? Or will this board function properly regardless if there is a cap or a neon?

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

All board upgrades are included in the my redesign, plus some of my own improvements, but you should still update the motor cabling itself, as that is outside of the scope of this project.

http://arcarc.xmission.com/Pinball/Stern%20Service%20Bulletins/sb/sb91.pdf

The scope of the service bulliten included installing a resistor not a cap. Is that thr “motor cabling updates” you’re referring to? Or is there something else?

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

The service bulletin mentions changing the usual neon bulb with a resistor in series with the cap already in place. As shown on my game below.
[quoted image]
I assumed that everyone wanting a board would already have done this playfield wiring update. If this isn't the case, then i can include the 22R 0.5W resistor in the box for people if that is wanted.
My board has all the board specific updates already applied to the design.

Got it. Thanks for the clarifications.

1 week later
#93 5 years ago

Twister board 003 installed and working great. Big thanks to applejuice for doing this.

#101 5 years ago

I’m getting a switch stuck open error for switch 32(diverter magnet) in the tech checks but the board is working fine and locking the bar. Is this related to the new board or should I start someplace else?

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Not the board. On my game where all boards are tested there are no errors. I would check the diverter magnet in game play and also the diverter magnet fuse. If that's working then maybe an old error message thats not been cleared.

10-4. Ball is locking so I’m assuming a fuse isn’t blown. Not sure why it hasn’t cleared. Oh well bigger fish to fry. Thanks for the help.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ypurchn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mypinballs-sega-magnet-proessor-board-remakeredesign?tu=ypurchn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.