IMG_2225 (resized).JPG
IMG_2212 (resized).JPG
sega magnet processor board v1.0 layout (resized).png
z20180620_203000 (resized).jpg
z20180620_202944 (resized).jpg
z20180620_202927 (resized).jpg
z20180620_202915 (resized).jpg
z20180620_202906 (resized).jpg

There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Can you clarify, does this board control the magnets AND the spinner?
My magnets always grab, but the spinner only spins about 50% of the time at the start of multi-ball.
Thanks for the great work from all us Sega lovers.

Bump

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Can you clarify, does this board control the magnets AND the spinner?
My magnets always grab, but the spinner only spins about 50% of the time at the start of multi-ball.
Thanks for the great work from all us Sega lovers.

The short answer is if you have a problem related to the disc on Twister then the first step is to REPLACE the magnet controller board. It doesnt matter if the magnets appear to be working (grabbing the ball) as that is only 1 part of a complex board design. The board is also a switch input board and detect balls moving on the magnets and them being in the centre which then send switch signals to the main cpu board for it to turn on and off other devices etc. In this case the disc relay and therefore motor etc

Hope this helps. I'm back in the office monday if you want to order a replacement board.

2 weeks later
#153 4 years ago

All wait list orders are now complete. The product is now added for general sale on our store page.

Please see here if you want to order one:

https://www.mypinballs.com/electronics/store.jsp

Cheers

#154 4 years ago

Got mine a couple days ago. Dropped right in and everything is now working again. Thanks for everything!

2 months later
#155 3 years ago

Having had several times now where the satelite magnet fuse has blown, despite having the new board installed and doing the service bulletin fix of rewiring :s

Any thoughts on what might cause this? :O

#156 3 years ago

Did you up them to 4A fuses? This was recommenced in applejuice's instructions and deemed safe. When I used 3A they would only last 50 plays or so. If you are blowing fuses at 4A you might have a more significant problem and/or a short.

#157 3 years ago
Quoted from Lithium:

Did you up them to 4A fuses? This was recommenced in applejuice's instructions and deemed safe. When I used 3A they would only last 50 plays or so. If you are blowing fuses at 4A you might have a more significant problem and/or a short.

Will check, thanks!

7 months later
#158 3 years ago

Wanted: new reproduction magnet processor board for my Twister. If any1 has a spare repro I'm interested. Pm please.

#159 3 years ago

Quick Update. I've sold all the boards i've made now. (75 out in the wild saving games). I may have a couple of extras still, need to check, but after those go i will need to get another batch made. Depends on interest as to when i do this.

1 month later
#160 2 years ago

applejuice - if you have any extras for Goldeneye laying around, I would like to purchase one. Otherwise, feel free to add me to the waiting list whenever the next batch is made.

Not having any problems with my current board, but it will be good to have one as a precautionary measure for down the line.

3 weeks later
#161 2 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I've sold all the boards i've made now. (75 out in the wild saving games). I may have a couple of extras still, need to check, but after those go i will need to get another batch made.

applejuice I joined the Goldeneye club a few weeks ago and have been struggling to make the ball-save mag work. I am pretty sure my best bet is to get the new Mag-board you designed. Is there any chance you will make some more anytime soon? If not could you please add me to the list and I will buy one as soon as it becomes available.

Thank you,
John

4 months later
#162 2 years ago

Update: Another 25 boards are starting assembly this week. This may be the final 25. Should have them here in 3-4 weeks ish. Price is now £170 plus shipping. Your choice of ic (Twister or Golden Eye). Twister orders will also get the motor upgrade resistor for free as per previous orders.

Cheers

Jim
mypinballs.com

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Update: Another 25 boards are starting assembly this week. This may be the final 25. Should have them here in 3-4 weeks ish. Price is now £170 plus shipping. Your choice of ic (Twister or Golden Eye). Twister orders will also get the motor upgrade resistor for free as per previous orders.
Cheers
Jim
mypinballs.com

I'm still interested, so I'll take one for Goldeneye if possible.

2 months later
#164 2 years ago

Any chance for a goldeneye board? Thanks..

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from Bongiorno:

Any chance for a goldeneye board? Thanks..

Yes back in stock on my site

https://myPinballs.com

5 months later
1 week later
#167 1 year ago

Are there any of these boards left?

#168 1 year ago
Quoted from E_liffers:

Are there any of these boards left?

Yes i have a few left currently

order here:
https://www.mypinballs.com/electronics/store.jsp

2 months later
#170 1 year ago

Any chance you have a Goldeneye board still? Website says out of stock...

Thanks!
Eric

3 weeks later
#171 1 year ago

Hi applejuice ! Do you happen to have any of these boards left? It's the last piece of the puzzle I need to get this game back on the floor here at Quarters Arcade SLC.

#172 1 year ago

Hi applejuice ! I was hoping you might have some of these boards left. It's the last piece of the puzzle to get our Twister back out on the floor here at Quarters Arcade SLC.

#173 1 year ago

Hi,

Yes the latest batch is all sold out now. (~110 made and saving games now) I can only make so many at a time! Best to grab them when they are available.

However, i may be able to make a few more to plug the gap, before the next main batch gets under way. Depends on the parts i have in stock. Its a complex process making boards for old games, especially in these global parts shortages times.

I'll reply to all the pm messages today.

Jim

6 months later
#174 12 months ago

An update. I now have had enough pm's and emails asking for more boards to make another run possible, so i will be sorting this out in the next few months. Another run or 25 or 30 most likely. Please be aware prices will be higher than before and it all depends on the lead time of the parts and parts sourcing. Electronics supply and sourcing is now an art form!!

If you haven't pm'd or got in touch and do want one in the next batch please let me know. This will mean you are ahead of the general sale.

Stay tuned..

1 month later
#175 10 months ago

PM send...

#176 10 months ago

Can't wait

3 weeks later
#177 9 months ago

New delivery today! X25 ready for action

BA1B51F0-4431-4D5E-A2AE-7F096FD0B7F1 (resized).jpegBA1B51F0-4431-4D5E-A2AE-7F096FD0B7F1 (resized).jpeg8F936481-E46C-471C-8D08-81759CC3207F (resized).jpeg8F936481-E46C-471C-8D08-81759CC3207F (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#178 7 months ago

Had the new board installed for a bit more than a month. Works like a charm. It really brought the game back to form. Worth every penny. Thanks Applejuice

#179 7 months ago
Quoted from ACDNate:

Had the new board installed for a bit more than a month. Works like a charm. It really brought the game back to form. Worth every penny. Thanks Applejuice

Thanks for the message. Most people just install these and then i never hear a thing again lol. I get alot of emails from people with broken old original boards though haha

2 months later
#180 4 months ago

Quick question.

Do people reccomend replacing the magnets if an original board fried?

I have a goldeneye that just came in . Has aftermarket magnet board and the magnets are not working.

I want to bullet proof game as much as possible for client. Are replacements in stock? Ty!

#181 4 months ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Thanks for the message. Most people just install these and then i never hear a thing again lol. I get alot of emails from people with broken old original boards though haha

Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Quick question.
Do people reccomend replacing the magnets if an original board fried?
I have a goldeneye that just came in . Has aftermarket magnet board and the magnets are not working.
I want to bullet proof game as much as possible for client. Are replacements in stock? Ty!

I didn't and don't have any issues. Don't think it's common for the magnets themselves to fail.

3 months later
#182 14 days ago

Waiting in excitement for when a new batch of boards will be available

#183 13 days ago

IN progress.. Will update here once i have more stock in my hands

There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mypinballs-sega-magnet-proessor-board-remakeredesign/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.