IMG_2225 (resized).JPG
IMG_2212 (resized).JPG
sega magnet processor board v1.0 layout (resized).png
z20180620_203000 (resized).jpg
z20180620_202944 (resized).jpg
z20180620_202927 (resized).jpg
z20180620_202915 (resized).jpg
z20180620_202906 (resized).jpg
There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 5 years ago

I received a new magnet board from a Pinsider and now have a fully working Twister. First time I ever played a game of it with working magnets. I had no idea that upper magnet got so much use. I'm used to trying to see how many orbits I can nail in a row without the ball stopping. A fun game just got even better for me.

Now that I have a working board to compare component measurements, it seems I need to replace the transistors, which is what I was going to do next anyway. Transistors in my board are reading 480 and the new board measures 505. The new board had the service bulletin upgrades done, so I was able to compare the work I did on my board and that looks good. I also replaced a bad resistor on my board.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Thanks for the pics. Interesting that the board is mounted the opposite way round on golden eye with the connectors at the bottom

I also have a "Lost in Space" if you would like any of those pictures. Similar spinning magnet wheel.
I'm not sure if it would apply to what you're doing but I'm happy to volunteer.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I also have a "Lost in Space" if you would like any of those pictures. Similar spinning magnet wheel.
I'm not sure if it would apply to what you're doing but I'm happy to volunteer.

I don’t need any pics from lost in space but thanks for the offer just twister and golden eye use this board

A couple more of the wiring loom connections to the board on goldeneye would be good though

#54 5 years ago

Hi apple juice can you put me on the list I need two one for my twister and the other for my goldeneye thanks.

#55 5 years ago

please put me down for goldeneye as well
thanks

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

A couple more of the wiring loom connections to the board on goldeneye would be good though

Give me a shout if you need more pics or different angles.

z20180620_202906 (resized).jpgz20180620_202906 (resized).jpgz20180620_202915 (resized).jpgz20180620_202915 (resized).jpgz20180620_202927 (resized).jpgz20180620_202927 (resized).jpgz20180620_202944 (resized).jpgz20180620_202944 (resized).jpgz20180620_203000 (resized).jpgz20180620_203000 (resized).jpg
#57 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Hi apple juice can you put me on the list I need two one for my twister and the other for my goldeneye thanks.

Quoted from doomid:

please put me down for goldeneye as well
thanks

Added to the list. I will make sure everyone who expresses interest here is at the top of the order list. Once i have finished the revisions for v1.0 and the blanks are ordered for batch 1 i will contact everyone here so they can order and be at the top of the list, then i will add it to my website store page.

Currently testing a couple of tweaks to some resistor values on the sense circuit.

1 week later
#58 5 years ago

Hello Applejuice !!
May I please get on your list for a magnet board for Twister when you get them ready ? How much will they be and how do I order one from you? Thank you !
John C.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from Jetcom1121:

Hello Applejuice !!
May I please get on your list for a magnet board for Twister when you get them ready ? How much will they be and how do I order one from you? Thank you !
John C.

No problem. I've added you to the list. Once i have the v1.0 design completed and the first batch of blank pcbs ordered, i will contact everyone on the list with an invoice to order like with my other projects. Likely cost will be £125 plus shipping to your country. Boards will be fully assembled and tested.

#61 5 years ago

how we lookin time wise? my game is sitting and waiting for this pretty much...

#62 5 years ago

Please put me down for a Twister board. Thanks!

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

Please put me down for a Twister board. Thanks!

Added to list

1 week later
#64 5 years ago

Update. The v1.0 board design is now complete and the first batch of blanks (25) will be being ordered this week. I have added a 50v led, the unused 15th pin on the J1 connector and also alternative connector positions for the 2 magnets, as i think having the board mounted with components facing left on Twister (when looking underneath the playfield) allows for a better connection and less stress on the magnet cables. There are also some other tweaks to the components used and some minor layout changes from the v0.1 board

sega magnet processor board v1.0 layout (resized).pngsega magnet processor board v1.0 layout (resized).png

I am now starting the order list invoice process, which will be done from the order in which people contacted me here on the thread and privately. The lead time for the completed v1.0 boards will be around 4 weeks once i have the blanks here.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Update. The v1.0 board design is now complete and the first batch of blanks (25) will be being ordered this week. I have added a 50v led, the unused 15th pin on the J1 connector and also alternative connector positions for the 2 magnets, as i think having the board mounted with components facing left on Twister (when looking underneath the playfield) allows for a better connection and less stress on the magnet cables. There are also some other tweaks to the components used and some minor layout changes from the v0.1 board

I am now starting the order list invoice process, which will be done from the order in which people contacted me here on the thread and privately. The lead time for the completed v1.0 boards will be around 4 weeks once i have the blanks here.

Man I can't wait!

#66 5 years ago

Hi Mr Applejuice, can you please put me on the list for a Goldeneye board? Thanks!

#67 5 years ago

Please put me on the list. Need one for my friends Twister.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from lemonski:

Hi Mr Applejuice, can you please put me on the list for a Goldeneye board? Thanks!

Quoted from Palmer:

Please put me on the list. Need one for my friends Twister.

Added to the list

1 week later
#69 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

The lead time for the completed v1.0 boards will be around 4 weeks once i have the blanks here.

When do you think the blanks will be ordered? Just trying to get a feel for an estimated ship date.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

When do you think the blanks will be ordered? Just trying to get a feel for an estimated ship date.

v1.0 blanks were ordered 31st July. Estimated arrived date to me is 22nd August give or take.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

v1.0 blanks were ordered 31st July. Estimated arrived date to me is 22nd August give or take.

thanks for heads up. So it smells like an early October time frame for delivery. assuming no hick-ups.

#72 5 years ago

Update: So i received the blanks a few days ago! Yes sometime my schedule works out ahead

IMG_2212 (resized).JPGIMG_2212 (resized).JPG

The first v1.0 board is now built and has been successfully tested in my personal twister game so it will be heading state side shortly.

IMG_2225 (resized).JPGIMG_2225 (resized).JPG

Just sorting out some nice boxes and antistatic bags as well as the serial tags. Something that i already do on all my products.

On the orders front, i have invoiced the first 10 people on the order list so far and had about 7 paid up, so these will go out first, then i will invoice the next 10 people and so on etc. I dont want to hold on to peoples money for too far in advance, like with all my other products and because i build everything myself from all the sourced parts i like to have control over the time frames, so the wait isn't too long for folk. Working at Zidware did teach me a few things as well as to get payment upfront for contract work

I'm off to London for the weekend to see Iron Maiden live, play some pinball and meet up with old friends. Thanks again to all who have supported this project so far. You are all awesome and i hope we keep twister and goldeneye running for years to come \../

#73 5 years ago

I know I'm pretty excited to get one of these new boards installed on my Twister! The board in my machine has never worked so it will be an entirely new experience.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from rrocker:

I know I'm pretty excited to get one of these new boards installed on my Twister! The board in my machine has never worked so it will be an entirely new experience.

That makes two of us rrocker; except mine did work for about 5 plays and then it was done.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from rrocker:

Quoted from woody6092:

That makes two of us rrocker; except mine did work for about 5 plays and then it was done.

It’s cool during the start of multiball when all of the balls collect on the disc and start spinning around while other balls get launched in. Very unique idea that helps drown out “everybody underground now”

1 week later
#76 5 years ago

Received my prototype board for my Twister and it works perfectly! Great work!

2 weeks later
#77 5 years ago

Any updates?

#78 5 years ago

Boards are being assembled at present for the first set of orders. I aim to have them done, tested and shipped in the next few weeks. After that I will get the next set of invoices out for people on the list and start assembling those.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Boards are being assembled at present for the first set of orders. I aim to have them done, tested and shipped in the next few weeks. After that I will get the next set of invoices out for people on the list and start assembling those.

Thanks.

#80 5 years ago

Completed boards waiting for testing. 4 of these are going to the USA and 1 to Germany

IMG_2412 (resized).JPGIMG_2412 (resized).JPG

#81 5 years ago

Looking forward to installing ....

#82 5 years ago

Will anything need to be done about the service bulliten fix for the mag board that required a cap to be installed? Or will this board function properly regardless if there is a cap or a neon?

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Will anything need to be done about the service bulliten fix for the mag board that required a cap to be installed? Or will this board function properly regardless if there is a cap or a neon?

All board upgrades are included in the my redesign, plus some of my own improvements, but you should still update the motor cabling itself, as that is outside of the scope of this project.

Also a note on receiving boards. As there are 2 chip versions for the board, the golden eye programmed boards will have a gold dot on the chip for easy identification. Also each board will have a serial number so i will be able to check which boards were sent for which games. May help in future when games change hands etc. Spare chips will be available should you wish to put your board into another game. Please DONT plug the board into a random game though without first checking which version the board is setup for.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

All board upgrades are included in the my redesign, plus some of my own improvements, but you should still update the motor cabling itself, as that is outside of the scope of this project.

http://arcarc.xmission.com/Pinball/Stern%20Service%20Bulletins/sb/sb91.pdf

The scope of the service bulliten included installing a resistor not a cap. Is that thr “motor cabling updates” you’re referring to? Or is there something else?

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

http://arcarc.xmission.com/Pinball/Stern%20Service%20Bulletins/sb/sb91.pdf
The scope of the service bulliten included installing a resistor not a cap. Is that thr “motor cabling updates” you’re referring to? Or is there something else?

The service bulletin mentions changing the usual neon bulb with a resistor in series with the cap already in place. As shown on my game below.

IMG_2424 (resized).JPGIMG_2424 (resized).JPG

I assumed that everyone wanting a board would already have done this playfield wiring update. If this isn't the case, then i can include the 22R 0.5W resistor in the box for people if that is wanted.

My board has all the board specific updates already applied to the design.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

The service bulletin mentions changing the usual neon bulb with a resistor in series with the cap already in place. As shown on my game below.
[quoted image]
I assumed that everyone wanting a board would already have done this playfield wiring update. If this isn't the case, then i can include the 22R 0.5W resistor in the box for people if that is wanted.

Got it. Thanks for the clarifications.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

[quoted image]

Is this just for Twister? Correct? I didn’t think Goldeneye needed the resistor.

#88 5 years ago

Please disregard. Bulliten says Twister and does not have the same components.

#89 5 years ago

First lot of board orders are heading out the door. People who ordered a golden eye specific one should get a shipping notification via paypal. Twister orders are packed and ready waiting for the complimentary 22R resistor to be added to the box then they will go out to. The next lot of people in the queue will get sent invoices soon.

#90 5 years ago

All orders paid for and waiting are now shipped. Onto the next batch.

#91 5 years ago

I may need one for my Goldeneye. The ball save magnet works but the dish blows the fuse every time. I have to disconnect the dish magnet connector just to play it. How much are your boards shipped to Dallas USA?

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I may need one for my Goldeneye. The ball save magnet works but the dish blows the fuse every time. I have to disconnect the dish magnet connector just to play it. How much are your boards shipped to Dallas USA?

£125 plus £20 tracked shipping

If you want to be included in the list let me know and i'll contact you when i get to you in the queue.

#93 5 years ago

Twister board 003 installed and working great. Big thanks to applejuice for doing this.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

125 plus £20 tracked shipping
If you want to be included in the list let me know and i'll contact you when i get to you in the queue.

Thanks for replaying. Not right now. I'm hoping I can get it fixed.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Twister board 003 installed and working great. Big thanks to applejuice for doing this.

Great to hear. Another game back up and running

#96 5 years ago

Please add me to the list for a Goldeneye magnet board. Thanks!

#97 5 years ago

Hi, unfortunately due to adress mistake by paypal or me ? till now nothing has arrived in Germany, please could You check if the parcel already went back to you.
Send my a node by mail

Thanks

Alex

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from mman23:

Please add me to the list for a Goldeneye magnet board. Thanks!

No problem. Added

#99 5 years ago

hi guys im from brasil, and i wanna know how much for this board? do you send to brasil ? i have a goldeneye machine, and a lot of problems with my magnet board.

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from rivalem:

hi guys im from brasil, and i wanna know how much for this board? do you send to brasil ? i have a goldeneye machine, and a lot of problems with my magnet board.

Added to list

There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mypinballs-sega-magnet-proessor-board-remakeredesign/page/2?hl=woody6092 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.