Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 45 days ago by applejuice
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2021-11-06 at 11.42.15 (resized).png
    debug:mod header pinout.pdf (PDF preview)
    Fill_In_Blank (resized).jpg
    IMG_20211104_212746768 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4129.jpg
    IMG_8604.JPG
    IMG_2982.JPG
    IMG_2977.JPG
    IMG_2973.jpg
    IMG_2975.jpg
    rev3 cpu assembly.jpg
    IMG_2956.jpg
    IMG_2957.jpg
    IMG_2958.jpg
    Gottlieb-System-80b-MPU-v1.3-top-layout-public.png
    IMG_2388.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frisbez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 2 years ago

Hi I am looking for a schematic to this board as the IC numbers don't line up with original Sys80b CPU. Is there one available? The website link doesn't lead anywhere.

I managed to short solenoid voltage to the switch matrix and now have a row of switches that are non responsive. I found a 7404 that was bad but am still not getting a response after replacing it. Trying to figure out what IC is responsible for the switch strobes. I already tested all the 6532s and they report good.

#85 2 years ago

So my posting here was an attempt to get support. I can take that to PM but I don't see how that's any different than posting publicly and this way if other people have a similar issue they might see a response that is helpful.

I shorted solenoid voltage into the switch matrix. The scoring switch for a kicking target on my Excalibur got caught in the spring. I replaced a 7400 at IC14 that tested bad. In switch test I no longer show the whole row as closed, but they are not registering. I tested all 3 6532s in my Neoloch and all test good.

The problem might not be on the board, I'm not super familiar with the sys80b architecture and what else I might have blasted. Are there other ICs in that circuit that might have gotten toasted?

The board is a V1.03. I don't see the serial, unless it's on the backside.

IMG_20211104_212746768 (resized).jpgIMG_20211104_212746768 (resized).jpg
    #92 2 years ago
    Quoted from applejuice:

All i was meaning was if you want a quicker reply then its best to contact me via my site, facebook page (@mypinballs) or email as this thread isnt something i check very often. I've been making these boards for along time now (over 7 years) so the serial (which yes is on the rear of the board) helps me identify what board you have so i can see how old it is, who originally bought it and the parts used.
    From your message above i would check the other switch matrix parts like the column driver next. The info for this area is:
    IC14 & IC15 - 74HCT00 - Switch Row Buffers (sacrificial)
    IC37 - 74HCT240 - Switch Column Strobe Driver
    IC9 - Switch Matrix RIOT IC
    Also you MUST replace with the exact spec ic above or i can sell you a service kit. The timings on the board are important so don't put a 7400 in etc.
    Hope that helps. And remember its always best to make playfield adjustments with the game switched off on games where there is no hv disable, or remove the coil fuse pn the transformer panel

This is good info thanks. IC37 tested ok. I had replaced IC14 with a 74LS00 so I will have to pick up an HCT and maybe that will take care of things.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frisbez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mypinballs-new-system-80b-cpu-board?tu=frisbez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.