8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by shimoda
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2002.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Awhile back i designed a new single shot/pulse controller board for improving the old and crusty gottlieb pop bumper driver boards found in many games. Recently people have started to use them for controlling custom mods and devices they want to add onto games, so i thought i'd share the info about them.

The board can be custom set to a specific timing length when ordered (i.e 0.5 secs, 1 sec, 3 secs, 7 secs, 10 secs etc whatever your requirements are) and can control any powered device you can think of for that time period. For example controlling the helicopter blades on a hunter killer for T2, or the motorbike wheels on Tron, or a longer lion saw spin on Theatre of Magic etc. The board runs from a single 5v that can be easily tapped of existing boards and wiring and is triggered from a ground pin trigger which can be attached to a microswitch and then added to the games ramps, or loops etc.

The boards are £25 inc Vat plus postage assembled and tested. A great simple way to add something cool to your game and make it look more factory without the need to be an electronics expert The board has built in power and pulse leds along with a dedicated test button, so its easy to try your mod out and diagnose your setup.

IMG_2002.jpgIMG_2002.jpg

4 weeks later
    #2 8 years ago

Neat little thing.
    So with this I could wire a led strip to be triggered when ever a ball is shot up to the battlefield on shadow?

Axl

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from Axl:

Neat little thing.
    So with this I could wire a led strip to be triggered when ever a ball is shot up to the battlefield on Shadow?
    Axl

Yes, and you would be able to specify how long you'd want the led strip to turn on for.

#4 8 years ago

Wow, that is fantastic!
    Just what i am looking for.
    I think i will order some of those when i bite the bullet on your new boards.

Axl

#5 8 years ago

Any chance you could add dips or jumpers that would allow for manual selections of predetermined intervals...or is it all code controlled on the chip?

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from eh97ac:

Any chance you could add dips or jumpers that would allow for manual selections of predetermined intervals...or is it all code controlled on the chip?

Its a more simple design for this board to keep costs down. The timing is set via 2 components to a pre-determined value. Maybe in future i will add some adjustment on board via a pot etc.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from applejuice:

Its a more simple design for this board to keep costs down. The timing is set via 2 components to a pre-determined value. Maybe in future i will add some adjustment on board via a pot etc.

luckily this could be a simple mod to your board, just wouldn't be so clean.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mypinballs-custom-mod-controller-for-wpc-stern-games-others and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.