Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Darcy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Any disadvantage to using myler on certain parts like Roto-targets, drop targets, pop bumpers and other wear parts you might want to protect on a EM game. Some places like Pinball Rescue make them pre-cut

#2 7 years ago

For me, apart from around pops avoid it like the plague on EMs. As it ages blisters & curls to me it destroys a game. Just spent countless hours removing this nightmare. Just my opinion.

#3 7 years ago

Mylar

Also, not sure if it'd affect the paint

#4 7 years ago

If you wax good before you put it down, Vid says it isn't as hard to remove and doesn't cause the damage. I think its not a bad idea. Just my 2cents...

#5 7 years ago

I use non-adhesive Mylars for pop bumpers and small round adhesive ones for Kickout Holes as these are the two main areas for damage to occur.

I have used adhesive Mylars for Slingshots but only if that area is already worn badly and needs protection before all the ink is worn off.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I use non-adhesive Mylars for pop bumpers

When you do that, all the grit and black dust can get under the mylar and get ground into the playfield.

#7 7 years ago

Mylar squares are great to protect the face of drop and roto targets. Makes the dirt line easier to clean and protects the delicate inks on the faces.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

When you do that, all the grit and black dust can get under the mylar and get ground into the playfield.

That's why I clean/wax my Playfield when it looks like it is starting to get dirty and change out the ball. Easy to lift the non adhesive Mylar and clean under them too. Never had any issues with ground in dirt on my Playfields, as a matter of fact, if there was already ground in dirt from previous owners it gets loosened and picked up over time making my playfields look better, not worse for the wear. It's called maintenance and those that don't do it need to get auto cleared playfields which seem like the majority of folks thinking these days.

Just my 2 cents once again.

#9 7 years ago

I use "removable mylar". Cut to size and comes right off nice and easy. Have it somewhere on nearly all of my games.
    http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Products/General-Supplies/Sheet-Protectors/Laminating-Sheets_73601.htm

#10 7 years ago

I'm not talking about the playfield for mylar( I noticed I put myler after I posted makes me sound like a dumb ass ha-ha) but I have a Grand Slam and the roto targets are getting beat up I'm just trying to protect them so I get a lot of info from this site and was wondering what you EM guys or gals think of mylar just for protection in
    certain areas

#11 7 years ago

Myler is a great name for a boy.

#12 7 years ago

Put the mylar on the roto targets. Watch for mylar to wear. Then remove the old mylar and re-apply new layers again. In a home situation that new mylar may need to be changed every 2 years,, Maybe.

The only issue will be paint loss when lifting the mylar, it could happen.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/myler?hl=spider3582 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.