(Topic ID: 69747)

Mylar/Alternative Where can I find? Craft store maybe?

By Butch2099

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Butch2099
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I picked up a LAH and the Golden Ticket on the playfield is in very nice shape & I want to protect it. It was suggested to me in the LAH thread to mylar the ticket. I have seen big rolls of mylar & small cutouts but I only need it ticket size. Would a craft store/office supply have a paper size sheet? Is it like contact paper? Called something else outside the community maybe? Or do I have to buy a whole roll from Marco or wherever I saw it?

#2 10 years ago

I use Cling Vinyl, a clear contact vinyl. It is pretty awesome stuff, because you can peal it up and replace it when it gets dirty or wrinkles. I like to put strips on the shooter, in lanes, and hi wear spots. You can get it in sheets or rolls.

http://www.amazon.com/Grafix-9-Inch---12-Inch-Cling-6-Pack/dp/B002J6CO9I/ref=sr_1_1

I'd also like to hear what other Mylar alternatives people are using.

#3 10 years ago

I like the cling vinyl a lot. Some craft shops will carry it. Pinballpal sells a mylar type product that is not as tacky, so it's easier to remove. Not sure if they're taking orders though as I seem to remember the owner was having some health problems.

I would not use anything like contact paper that was not recommended for use on a pinball. You just don't know what the results will be over time.

#4 10 years ago

Is the vinyl thicker than mylar? Will it affect gameplay since it's going to be in the middle of the playfield?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mylaralternative-where-can-i-find-craft-store-maybe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.