8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2-25-2016_3-01-09_PM_(resized).png
    #1 8 years ago

I'd like to get some adhesive-backed mylar sheets to permit me to add a little cushion in ball drop and other areas.

I've seen the precut stuff at the familiar pinball sources, but this is not really what I want. I see running lengths also available, but shipping will just kill me for the small volume I want.

So, can I just go to Amazon, Staples or nearby Craft stores and buy 4mil adhesive-backed sheets? Is this basically the same stuff? Similar durability?

#2 8 years ago

Scroll down to mylar sheets/rolls:

http://www.pinrestore.com/Supplies.html

Here's the stuff I've used with great success as well:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00007E7D2

That's the stuff that Marco sells pre-cut as flipper protectors. If it's good enough for Marco, it's good enough for me!

#5 8 years ago

For my new MET Premium I bought adhesive-backed mylar flipper button protectors from Pinball Life.

I'm reluctant to install them as it might damage the cabinet artwork if I ever decide to remove them sometime later.

Something to be concerned about?

Thinking maybe to just bite the bullet & get the lollipop rails that encircle the flipper buttons instead.

#6 8 years ago

The other stuff you can find is not the same durability as mylar, unless it is made of mylar. But for only $6 for a 12"x22" sheet from marco.. probably the best option.

Sure, the minimum shipping rate from Marco is $9, but you might as well order some more balls or something else you need at the same time. Your profile says you have two games, there must be something else you need or will need before too long. But even at $15, that's about what you'd pay for a pack of Avery self-adhesive laminating sheets anyway.

A lot of times in my local circle, when we need just a few things each, we place an order together and then split the shipping. Any local pin-owning friends?

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from Humph:

For my new MET Premium I bought adhesive-backed mylar flipper button protectors from Pinball Life.
    I'm reluctant to install them as it might damage the cabinet artwork if I ever decide to remove them sometime later.
    Something to be concerned about?
    Thinking maybe to just bite the bullet & get the lollipop rails that encircle the flipper buttons instead.

I had the exact same thought/concern - and installed lollipop rails just this week. They're awesome and way cheaper than the $279 option from Stern.

2-25-2016_3-01-09_PM_(resized).png2-25-2016_3-01-09_PM_(resized).png

#8 8 years ago

Just remember to wax before you put Mylar down, otherwise it can be a sonobitch to remove 10 years from now.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mylar-sheets-anything-special and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.