glue3.jpg
glue2.jpg
glue1.jpg
DSCF6784.JPG
DSCF6780.JPG
DSCF6772.JPG
Breakshot.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Has anyone remove the mylar on a Capcom machine?

Just wondering the method used and results you got. I have a Breakshot that I think would benefit from a mylar removal, but am unsure how it may go.

Thanks,

Chris

#2 10 years ago

Freeze it, pop it off, clean up glue residue.

Should be pretty easy.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

Get a can of compressed air, turn it upside down, spray the top of the mylar. Stick a needle under the edge to get it up, then pull very gently. Should come up no problem.

#4 10 years ago

Has anyone remove the mylar on a Capcom machine?
Just wondering the method used and results you got. I have a Breakshot that I think would benefit from a mylar removal, but am unsure how it may go.
Thanks,
Chris

http://www.crcindustries.com/ei/product_detail.aspx?id=14086

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/goo-gone-citrus-power-liquid-adhesive-remover/ID=prod6035192-product?ext=gooHousehold_PLA_Kitchen_ampersand_All_Purpose_Cleaners_prod6035192_pla&adtype={adtype}&kpid=prod6035192&sst=49138262-d3d1-56a9-0a23-00001c757dfb

Breakshot.jpgBreakshot.jpg

#5 10 years ago

Thanks.

I guess I should have specified. I know HOW to do it (but I do appreciate the tips). What I guess I was wondering is if there is insert loss like many of the (older) Williams and Bally Machines.

From the photo that Pins4Fun posted, it looks as though there is not, but I wanted to hear if there were any successes or orror stories with Capcom, as I have not read anything about mylar removal on their machines.

Thanks again!
Chris

#6 10 years ago

That games playfield has clear coat from the factory so you should be fine. Find mylar that is in a less visible spot or in a small strip and take that off first. That should be a good enough test. I prefer heating the mylar up first with a heat gun or hair dryer on playfields with clear coat.. It will make the mylar come up easier along with less glue to clean up on the playfield.

#7 10 years ago

I have a pretty nice playfield for a Capcom Breakshot. Someone removed mylar and there was some insert peeling, not much. Nothing like my F-14 removal, but a few inserts lifted.

#8 10 years ago

Breakshot Frenzy!
Mine doesn't seem to have this mylar. Hmmm...........

3 weeks later
#9 10 years ago

Freeze it, pop it off, clean up glue residue.
Should be pretty easy.
LTG : )

I used this approach. VERY happy with the results! No paint loss and not insert issues whatsoever. Your mileage may vary, but this was FAR better than the BK3K I did.

Before and after pics:

DSCF6772.JPGDSCF6772.JPG DSCF6780.JPGDSCF6780.JPG DSCF6784.JPGDSCF6784.JPG glue1.jpgglue1.jpg glue2.jpgglue2.jpg glue3.jpgglue3.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mylar-removal-on-a-capcom-breakshot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.