(Topic ID: 92661)

Mylar or Playfield Protector after touch ups?

By MonkeyGrass

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by swampfire
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LongJohns.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 5 years ago

I have the Markolan on my Getaway and F14. It is a bit thicker than Mylar so you may need to account for that. There was no issues with the Getaway, but I had to adjust some heights on the F14 (switches and the 2 metal plates that the ball drops to in the upper center after launch). The Markolan was a bit higher and would affect the ball path.

I did buy a replacement Mylar sheet for the F14 when I was redoing the playfield, but decided on the Markolan instead as it didn't want to stick more Mylar down after removing what was there originally.

Also the cut outs for F14 could have been a bit "tighter" as the odd time if the ball is going slow enough it could get trapped between the odd post and the edge of the Markolan.

The shooter lane section on the Getaway also had to be modify to work correctly (and taped down at 1 point). The weight of the ball was enough to cause it to move and interfere with shooting the ball and at times with the ball being ejected into the shooting lane.

I would also liked to see it extend a bit further down into the center drain as well (down inside the apron) - did suggest this to the manufacturer, never heard anything back.

I would probably buy it again as it is a decent product and looks awesome when new (does get scratches in it after many plays - which may buff out with Novus), just be aware that it may not be a 100% perfect fit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 399.95
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LongJohns.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside