Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

MET Owners: Should I put mylar or a Cliffy in the shooter lane?

Normally, I would throw the Cliffy in there (I already have it), but I saw on another thread it's a PIA (lifting off the playfield and interfering with the ball).

Thoughts?

#2 4 years ago

I didn't. Hasn't been an issue. Had it since May.

#3 4 years ago

On any other machine I would say put the cliffy in the shooter lane. I have put the cliffy in seven pins (shooter lanes). However, my Met Pro was far and away the most difficult. The little open space for the wire to go through is not near big enough. Unless he has changed the design in the past year or so go with
the mylar.

#5 4 years ago

I did both, not to hard and want to keep it as new as I possibly can.

#6 4 years ago

I used the Cliffy on my METLE and I have no issues.

#7 4 years ago

I always just use Mylar. I don't like the look of a cliffy. If that spot wears, then oh well, get a cliffy. Once you install a cliffy, you can't see under it, so who gives a rip how worn it may be.

For the record though, I've never had any shooter lane wear issues when only using Mylar. My shooter lanes still look mint on my HUO/NIB pins.

#8 4 years ago

Ya, I'd have to say neither.

I look forward to the day my MET looks at least a LITTLE worn!

I do not understand the desire to cover up potential future damage. Yes, you've protected the machine against wear, but the beautiful wood lane is now covered by metal. Wrecks the aesthetic for me.

As a friend said. Some people put plastic covers over their furniture. It certainly protects your furniture, but now your furniture just looks stupid!

I've had my LOTR since 2004 without Mylar or Metal. Looks a little worn. Looks a LOT awesome. I know every single spot on that machine was put there by me!

#9 4 years ago

Curious, where do people buy the mylar that they use on pins?

#10 4 years ago

I use both in that area. Cliffy first then Mylar over that.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

Curious, where do people buy the mylar that they use on pins?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=304

For the shooter lane

#12 4 years ago

I use neither. Its a home game.

#13 4 years ago

Cliffy has caused problems on launching ball. The cut out area raises up and causes ball to do crazy things . There was a thread about it with similar experencies.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Atlanta, GA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside