5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I have a whole roll of removable adhesive Mylar and was thinking of putting it on my games with plastic ramps to prevent snail trails.

Have any of you guys tried this?

#2 5 years ago

If you're too lazy to clean them I guess it would work

#3 5 years ago

Now Ive heard everything

#4 5 years ago

Sure. If you do, there'll be no need to 'flame polish' them down the road because the mylar takes the abrasion instead of the plastic. Put some on the side walls too, where the ball transmits a lot of energy in a curve.

In 10 years, pull the mylar and the ramps will still be pristine.

I probably wouldn't cover a decal with it, but they are usually on the bottom side anyway.

#5 5 years ago

If you really want to go crazy, you could also throw some mylar on metal ramps & walls to avoid the very noticeable worn/scratched areas where the ball travels. On brushed stainless ramps this isn't that important since you can always regrain them, but it would definitely keep plated ramps looking pristine.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

If you're too lazy to clean them I guess it would work

I’m not to lazy to clean them I just want to keep them looking new.
    I can’t stand seeing the slightest bit of dirt trails on plastic ramps.

#7 5 years ago

Good idea, and as an example I used the blood spattered ones from Pingraffix on TWD....Ramps are like new with tons of play.

Takes me just a few minutes to do and is easier than flame polishing, which does make the plastic softer, and easier to get a trail.

No harm to do....IMO, and when removed later, the reward is easy to see.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mylar-on-plastic-ramps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.