• Latest reply 8 years ago by Wickerman2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

368908.jpg
#1 8 years ago

So, I have a clear-coated Gottlieb 70s playfield, should I put the pop bumper mylar rings on or not?

#2 8 years ago

It will protect your clearcoat,no different than protecting your paint on playfield.

#3 8 years ago

OK. Makes sense. Plus it would help to make it look more original. It's not like it's going to get 1000s of plays either way. I'll have my pro rebuilder put them on.

#4 8 years ago

If anywhere, around pops. It was actually factory on the older Got's to put circles around pops and semi's in front of slings.

The center of those circles I used to use for 'Magna saves' on Williams.

#5 8 years ago

Only use the the ones with adhesive. If you use the loose ones without adhesive, debris will slip under the mylar circle and cause damage anyway.

#6 8 years ago

If it has clear on it probably doesn't matter either way in a home environment. Any other older EM, non-cleared type playfield those will pull paint away if you ever need to remove them.

#7 8 years ago

Even in a home environment, you should have Mylar around the pops.

368908.jpg368908.jpg

#8 8 years ago

Wow,on a woz,I thought those playfields were cleared? Guess not.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Wow,on a woz,I thought those playfields were cleared? Guess not.

WOZ playfields are cleared.

But being cleared does not mean you should skip the Mylar around the pop and drops.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Even in a home environment, you should have Mylar around the pops.

That's modern quality for you...even the most ragged out EM I've encountered looks better than that...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mylar-circles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.