Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by homebrood
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

My PinBot is a solidly "player's" condition table. Some planking and paint loss, but it has the visor decal and is generally presentable and plays just fine. My strategy is to just keep the play field waxed heavily to prevent further paint deterioration. The one really weird spot on the play field is in the vortex ramp, under the 5,000 point hole, there's no mylar. There is mylar further back, under the other holes where the ball drops to the play field, but 5,000 spot just takes a beating.

I want to just add a small piece of mylar to that spot. I'd have to be a little surgical as there is a switch that Id have to cut around, but that seems easy enough. My question is, is there a source where I can get small pieces of the same sort of adhesive mylar that is sold through Marco and the like? I only need a piece that's, say, 1.5 x 2 inches. Just not sure who would have that in a local store.

#2 9 years ago

PinRestore has mylar for $3 a sheet. Find some other goodies to make shipping worth it.

http://www.pinrestore.com/Supplies.html

#3 9 years ago

Oh, well that's pretty cheap
Will go to them next time I order stuff. Thanks!

#4 9 years ago

pinrestore has lots of great restoration supplies and has great service.
Take s cruise through the site and I think you'll be like, I need this I need that I need a few of those etc until you have a decent order to go with the mylar. Just wanted to share my experience with them. Bought from them a few times and always happy. Fast and good! Prices are real nice too!

Tom

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mylar-bits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.