Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by pinstor12
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

+1

A lot of people can't let go of things and live today in the throngs of past mistakes. I get stuck making similar mistakes and always try to live looking forward.

Life is a lot better when you just "let it go".....sometimes it hard, really hard, but with pinball, and the improvement thereof, it should be really easy!

#52 10 years ago

Got mine Friday & it looks,plays,& operates perfectly. I was worried by all the stuff I've heard but I couldn't be happier. & yes,it has the B/W feel to it. Would I trade my AC/DC LE or Tallica LE for one? Hell no,but its a great game to have in a big line up!

#53 10 years ago

Cheers Kapper, reading your unbiased, clear headed comments were a breath of fresh air.
I'm especially with you on your comment

Quoted from kapper:

I am a pinball fan. Not a Stern fan, not a Williams fan, not a Jersey Jack fan. Just a pinball fan.

Great to hear WOZ is going well. The yellow brick road to production was miles too long but it sure seems to have helped spark up the pinball world again.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Hitch
It appears Jack said whatever it took to get preorders & kept saying whatever it took to keep em.
You seem to believe whatever it takes to justify such behavior.
I feel fine, when WOZ is in stock I might buy one.
Piranha, good point.

Nope, I just tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, regardless of anything, but hey maybe I'm in the minority. I still haven't heard Jacks side of the story. People's perceptions are their reality. That doesn't mean it has to be my reality. I also look at what Jack said he was going to do, and what didn't transpire. He has done much more that he said he was going to do, instead of what he didn't do or failed promises. People seem to bring the same stuff up, and dwell on failed promises, and comments, rather than what he has done, that he said he was going to do. In a family situation, when a father makes promises to his kid, and every 15 times, fail on that promise, because of something he may not have any control over, how would that dad feel if the kid goes around telling everyone about the times that his dad didn't show up. There are 14 other times when he did follow through. Anyone that hasn't ever missed on a promise or made an incorrect statement has a right to pipe up. Others, well....

#55 10 years ago

Hitch

Quoted from Hitch9:Nope, I just tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, regardless of anything, but hey maybe I'm in the minority. I still haven't heard Jacks side of the story. People's perceptions are their reality. That doesn't mean it has to be my reality. I also look at what Jack said he was going to do, and what didn't transpire. He has done much more that he said he was going to do, instead of what he didn't do or failed promises. People seem to bring the same stuff up, and dwell on failed promises, and comments, rather than what he has done, that he said he was going to do. In a family situation, when a father makes promises to his kid, and every 15 times, fail on that promise, because of something he may not have any control over, how would that dad feel if the kid goes around telling everyone about the times that his dad didn't show up. There are 14 other times when he did follow through. Anyone that hasn't ever missed on a promise or made an incorrect statement has a right to pipe up. Others, well....

I wish you lived closer, I would invite you over for beer and pinball.

I totally agree. People like the failed promises and drama they can create from it.

#56 10 years ago

Jack could skip town for South America tomorrow & some fanboys would still say it wasn't so.

Piranha I don't like JJP's failed promises. Neither do the others like myself that eventually saw things were not as stated & then sold their spots or requested refunds.

Since we live closer you can always buy me a beer

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Piranha I don't like JJP's failed promises. Neither do the others like myself that eventually saw things were not as stated & then sold their spots or requested refunds.

Yes, but most are not so obsessed as you and simply moved on like level headed adults.

#58 10 years ago

great write up and thanks for being candid with you experience and your game!

glad you are having fun with a new pin and what a great lineup you have!!!

#59 10 years ago

The JJP story is what it is.... IMHO sometimes people make promisses or commitments with the best intentions at heart (i have done this). When things dont go as planned does that make the person a liar or just overly optimistic?
MY feeling is that JJP was just overly optimistic.
In the end love him or hate him, but just remember competition is good for our hobby.

On a side note we should all count our blessings that things are going so well in our lives that we can argue about stuff like this

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

On a side note we should all count our blessings that things are going so well in our lives that we can argue about stuff like this

If you are looking for an Amen to that, you just got it.
Well said.

#61 10 years ago

I own an LE and absolutely love it. I agree with Kappers game play assessment 100%. This game is awesome and will only get better. I know that waiting sucks but it is worth it. I own a few machines but am not technically savvy but I know what is fun and what is not. A few of my previous issues/problems have been resolved with 1.14 and its additions and improvements have moved this pin forward leaps and bounds. Jack and JJP have been terrific with their customer support, especially for a non-tech user like me. Everyone who has played this machine in my home rave about it. My other pins are getting lonely, lol.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Yes, but most are not so obsessed as you and simply moved on like level headed adults.

Yet here you are with your ever shrinking (FS WOZ #xx) crew of enablers obsessed with making excuses for the excuses.

Not sure who is worse. The guy gushing about a coin door 3 years later or the guy saying "it's just a coin door".

At least we both enjoy Pinside

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Yet here you are with your ever shrinking (FS WOZ #xx) crew of enablers obsessed with making excuses for the excuses.
Not sure who is worse. The guy gushing about a coin door 3 years later or the guy saying "it's just a coin door".
At least we both enjoy Pinside

I am not gushing about anything at this point. I am merely waiting for my game as patiently as I can, while having a life outside of pinball.
Why don't you go do the same trolling on the Predator or Capt. Nemo threads where they have people's money and games seem years away still (in my opinion). You obviously have hard feelings toward JJP to carry on with this game and not the others.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Jack could skip town for South America tomorrow & some fanboys would still say it wasn't so.

Piranha I don't like JJP's failed promises.

Yeah

It's a ridiculously complicated process. JJP is promised things by vendors. Vendors break promises, and thus JJP breaks promises. JJP also built more of a game than they initially intended when the Winter '11/'12 forecasts for production were written. It's also a fact that Stern has threatened vendors into not working for JJP, making part production even more difficult. So many factors that go into making a pinball company from scratch that you simply can't understand it all.

But yes, buyers can still be understandably frustrated. That's normal. But the never ending groundhog day complaints and inferences that Jack is a scammer and is going to flee with everyone's deposits is just pure stupidity.

In my opinion, the guys still going on and on, daily, about JJP's broken promises and sales tactics are simpletons. That's right. The only things simpletons can understand are very basic "Said game would be here. Is not. Me mad. Me complain over and over and over and over again. Like record that broken. Meh. Urgh. Ugh." Because adapting circumstances are just not something simpletons can digest and understand, which is why they are simpletons.

#65 10 years ago

LOLOL!

unga bunga...

#66 10 years ago

Two can play that game

Only simpletons incapable of thinking for themselves would believe 3 years of excuses.

See what I did there?

Some of you are willing to say anything to make it OK

I can't fix that so just enjoy the next delay!

Alex you are a class act. JJP must be thrilled you are posting here so often.

#67 10 years ago

another day and the game is playing awesome!!!!!

No issues to report.

Great job JJP

#68 10 years ago

Kapper - Can you play the game in the dark ? There was some previous discussion about the lack of GI around the flippers, what is your experience like with the lights off ?

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from B9:

Kapper - Can you play the game in the dark ? There was some previous discussion about the lack of GI around the flippers, what is your experience like with the lights off ?

I play mine in the dark all the time. Almost exclusively. GI needs to be brighter to improve the experience, but I'm sure thats coming at some point (separately adjustable GI and insert lighting would be awesome). Lights Out multiball is especially fun with no room lights.

#70 10 years ago

This thread is a great example of why Robin needs a feature that allows OPs to moderate their own threads. All the jabs are awkward and tiresome.

There are already several other ongoing and apparently unmoderated threads where guys take turns insulting each other's appreciation or disdain for JJP. Maybe we could let Kapper's thread stay the way (I believe) he intended it

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Two can play that game
Only simpletons incapable of thinking for themselves would believe 3 years of excuses.
See what I did there?
Some of you are willing to say anything to make it OK
I can't fix that so just enjoy the next delay!
Alex you are a class act. JJP must be thrilled you are posting here so often.

You never watched captain caveman as a kid? It's what popped to mind with that post.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I play mine in the dark all the time. Almost exclusively. GI needs to be brighter to improve the experience, but I'm sure thats coming at some point (separately adjustable GI and insert lighting would be awesome). Lights Out multiball is especially fun with no room lights.

Thanks for the info

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

This thread is a great example of why Robin needs a feature that allows OPs to moderate their own threads. All the jabs are awkward and tiresome.
There are already several other ongoing and apparently unmoderated threads where guys take turns insulting each other's appreciation or disdain for JJP. Maybe we could let Kapper's thread stay the way (I believe) he intended it

I'd start my own thread about how awesome PW79 is & then delete any comment that doesn't praise me & then I'd bump it every day.

Don't enable that feature lol

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from B9:

You absolutely can, but yeah it's a bit dim. I don't know if increasing the lane guide/sling GI brightness will really help with the brightness right on the actual flippers, since the lighting is pretty localized. Perhaps people who are really turned off by it could add spotlights or something?

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from B9:

I would probably want to make it a bit brighter in the back.

I play with lights on so I'm really not the best to ask.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

There's a spotlight in the back near the lanes and another on the witches castle (I think as I'm not in front of mine). You should be able to aim those to really light things up.

#77 10 years ago

Honestly... I'm a big lighting guy, and I remember specifically telling Jack back in 2011 how important GI lighting is... I really hope there's a way to improve this by software (why is it still so dim?), and if not, that someone else can figure out a better diffusion system.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

You absolutely can, but yeah it's a bit dim. I don't know if increasing the lane guide/sling GI brightness will really help with the brightness right on the actual flippers, since the lighting is pretty localized. Perhaps people who are really turned off by it could add spotlights or something?

Quoted from kapper:

Thanks for the additional feedback

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Honestly... I'm a big lighting guy, and I remember specifically telling Jack back in 2011 how important GI lighting is... I really hope there's a way to improve this by software (why is it still so dim?), and if not, that someone else can figure out a better diffusion system.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is eventually a setting where you can increase the GI lighting.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wouldn't be surprised if there is eventually a setting where you can increase the GI lighting.

I agree. That has to be on the list.

#81 10 years ago

no problem - ignore

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

I ordered my game like many of you in June of 2011 before the first price increase. This game has found a home next to a ACDC LE and a High End AFM.

How did you get your LE already when you ordered June of 2011? Just curious.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

How did you get your LE already when you ordered June of 2011? Just curious.

Wow -- nice job of editing my post! Very responsible of you!

#84 10 years ago

Not editing, just wondering how you got your game versus day one or two or later orders is all. From a Distributor?

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

I thought the game was fantastic so I decided to find a game to buy. I didn't care for a second that I paid a premium. I'm not motivated by financial gain or loss from any of my pinball activities. Last week that game was delivered.

Sorry, thought that was clear

I bought a machine another Pinsider was selling of which delivery was imminent.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

no problem - ignore

Can't trust a WOZ'r

#87 10 years ago

Ok, I saw the word "order" in the beginning post.

Thought it would be odd if you ordered in June 2011 and got it already. You bought somebody else's, that explains it.

And I missed the other post, my fault.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 16.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-wozle-experience/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.