JJP-30-0012-02L.jpg
WOZ_Delivery_028.JPG
WOZ_Delivery_020.JPG
WOZ_Delivery_012.JPG
1236765583_conan-kool-aid.gif
WOZ_Delivery_009a.jpg
WOZ_Delivery_009.JPG
oz_clickme.gif
There are 192 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Can you remove the slippers & just have regular flippers?

I believe that the slippers are glued onto the flippers.

If you don't like them you could always just install new ones.

#152 10 years ago

And sell them and be a slipper flipper flipper...

#153 10 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

I have a question for any WOZ owners: Are the slippers on the flippers removable? Can you remove the slippers & just have regular flippers? Or are they permanently attached/a part of the flipper?

I believe they are permanently attached. The thought from the owner's forum was to simply replace them with standard flippers if you didn't like them.

#154 10 years ago

Why no GAMEPLAY VIDEO??????????

#155 10 years ago

I can take a video of me farting in my game room and have it posted to you tube in under 5 MIN!

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

I can take a video of me farting in my game room and have it posted to you tube in under 5 MIN!

FROM MY PHONE....HD!

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

Do we HAVE to start this round robin again??? When someone is ready, they will post.

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

I have a question for any WOZ owners: Are the slippers on the flippers removable? Can you remove the slippers & just have regular flippers? Or are they permanently attached/a part of the flipper?

It's not "permanent" but they aren't meant to be removed. If you do pry them off you may have to deal with and cleanup the excess glue residue.

#159 10 years ago

<<Why no GAMEPLAY VIDEO??????????>>
Cause this is WOZ club. Thought you knew.

<<slipper removal>>
If you pick the theme for Wizard of Oz, just go with it. You gotta be all in or else buy something else IMHO.

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

I can think of a number of reasons...

A. Owner is busy and doesn't have time to record one.
B. Owner doesn't own a device capable of recording a good high quality video.
C. Owner doesn't know how to upload a video to YouTube.
D. Owner is part of a vast JJP conspiracy to withhold gameplay videos from the Internet.
E. Owner doesn't give a shit about pleasing a bunch of crybabies on an Internet forum.

I'm going with option "E" as my final answer.

#161 10 years ago
Quoted from Slayer:

If you do pry them off you may have to deal with and cleanup the excess glue residue.

Don't see why ANYONE would do this. Just put something else on there. There are also dozens of cool Custom Flippers out there.

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from Slayer:

It's not "permanent" but they aren't meant to be removed. If you do pry them off you may have to deal with and cleanup the excess glue residue.

You can already pick up the "blank" red glitter flipper bats (with no slippers) from Planetary.

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I can think of a number of reasons...

...all of the above...

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Do we HAVE to start this round robin again??? When someone is ready, they will post.

OK.

#165 10 years ago

Phew...that was easy...

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from B9:

I believe that the slippers are glued onto the flippers.
If you don't like them you could always just install new ones.

BAA sells JJP flippers that are of the same material without the slipper.

#167 10 years ago

"I've got to have those sli.... sheesh not another owner who changed the flipper bats!"

#168 10 years ago

It's a pain in the ass to take, edit and upload video. I'm not surprised that nobody has the spare time.

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It's a pain in the ass to take, edit and upload video. I'm not surprised that nobody has the spare time.

I don't think anybody here was looking for a production-quality video. Lets be realistic.

The fact that the op said he would take video and hasn't means something has changed since he got the machine. I'm not pretending to know what that is, but that much is obvious.

I guess we'll wait for the next delivery thread.

#170 10 years ago

Maybe this will help pass the time

#171 10 years ago

It's definitely odd why there are so many more Metallica vids, than WOZ. New owners seem to like to show off, normally. Even if it's bad, people are usually grateful for the time and effort and leave nice comments regardless.

#172 10 years ago

You know in 10 years there is going to be a WTB WOZ slipper flippers because someone took them off.

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from NashBridgezz:

It's definitely odd why there are so many more Metallica vids, than WOZ. New owners seem to like to show off, normally. Even if it's bad, people are usually grateful for the time and effort and leave nice comments regardless.

Might be due to the fact that only a few WoZ have shipped so far. I'm about 30th on the shipping list and mine doesn't ship until this coming Monday. As JJP informed us, production wouldn't start to gear up until the 3rd or 4th week. There simply isn't the sample size out there yet to expect mass videos being posted.

Personally, I have no intention of posting video. Jack made me sign a 117 page contract and on page 87, section 38, sub-section 4 (r) is the "no posting" clause. If I post video, I forfeit my koi pond, my interest in my lettuce farm and will have to wear a Dorothy apron dress to work for three weeks.

Seriously, I won't post because I'm not experienced with video and never posted to youtube before. Besides I bought my machine for my grand daughters enjoyment and I don't give a rat's ass what the trolls here say or think.

#174 10 years ago

Yes, how dare people ask to see video footage from supposedly proud new WOZ owners. Especially on an owners thread like this one. The sheer audacity of it. Must be trolls.

Ps. if you can post comments to a forum, you can work a camera. Just say "I don't want to post". That I can respect.

#175 10 years ago
Quoted from Pindufus:

I don't give a rat's ass what the trolls here say or think.

Do you care what the fan boys say ?

#176 10 years ago

It's difficult to take good quality video that really does a game justice, I honestly don't think I've ever seen a video of a game that really impressed me.

With all the trolls out there just waiting to pounce on a poorly made video, and since we've seen pictures of the playfield shooting for months, doesn't really make sense to post video until the code has evolved further and more game elements can be shown.

Personally, I'm trying to not look at any gameplay video, I should have my game sometime in July so I don't want to spoil any surprises

#177 10 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Personally, I'm trying to not look at any gameplay video, I should have my game sometime in July so I don't want to spoil any surprises

Good luck! I wasn't going to look starting a few weeks back and I can't stop looking for new info or videos

#178 10 years ago

dgpinball what number do you have? Where did you hear about getting your game a specific month?

#179 10 years ago
Quoted from Slayer:

Jack personally told me a while ago they'd be clipped on and removable. Obviously this was technically far too advanced and they've resorted to glue. Bit rubbish that.

Hopefully someone will do a nice glittery ruby red flipper if they don't already exist. That way they still represent the slippers so the witch artwork still makes sense. I actually think they should've just done that in the first place. The slippers look bad.

#180 10 years ago

I like 'em.

#181 10 years ago

Hopefully someone will do a nice glittery ruby red flipper if they don't already exist.

Yep it already exists

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PP&Product_Code=JJP-30-0012-02&Category_Code=

JJP-30-0012-02L.jpgJJP-30-0012-02L.jpg

#182 10 years ago

Translucent red flippers with metal flake or simply glitter would look great IMO. Maybe with yellow rubbers to accent the 'magic glow' off them as seen on the playfield behind.

EDIT

Oh there ya go!

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Don't see why ANYONE would do this. Just put something else on there. There are also dozens of cool Custom Flippers out there.

God yes! You'd be crazy to remove the slippers. If you're even vaguely considering selling the game one day the new owner will expect the game to have those slipper flippers. Swap them over if you don't like and keep the originals safely sealed in a plastic bag.

Man, all this WOZ talk is making me want to play it again. Not enough to shell out £5k but maybe when the software is finished and I've played one that feels dialled in unlike the test machine I played a while ago.

Hopefully my incoming FT will help me control these urges.

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from NashBridgezz:

people are usually grateful for the time and effort and leave nice comments regardless.

Go find Vyzer's WOZ is in my Home thread. It was locked so you don't see it on the main page. Nice videos of his new game. Perhaps it was closed due to the overwhelming amount of nice comments and grateful posters. Or maybe just the rampant douchebaggery.

#185 10 years ago
Quoted from Pindufus:

Seriously, I won't post because I'm not experienced with video and never posted to youtube before. Besides I bought my machine for my grand daughters enjoyment and I don't give a rat's ass what the trolls here say or think.

Do you have an iphone? It has built in publishing to youtube... create a youtube login.. and share to youtube from your phone. done.

#186 10 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Perhaps it was closed due to the overwhelming amount of nice comments and grateful posters. Or maybe just the rampant douchebaggery.

You WOZ guys won't have to worry about this stuff anymore ^^^^^ That activity has moved to the Metallica threads!

#187 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

dgpinball what number do you have? Where did you hear about getting your game a specific month?

My WOZ # is 848, but I ordered just before the first deadline, middle of March 2011. Jen told me I was about 300th in line and should expect to get the call July-ish

#188 10 years ago

Fire in the hole.

cap034.jpgcap034.jpg

#189 10 years ago

I played it Allentown. It was a lot of fun. love the magnets!

Unfortunately my 3 video clips from my iPhone are pretty bad and short so not even worth uploading.

if anyone is interested..there is a video on youtube (not mine) that displays some of the new stuff in the game. I am pretty sure this was 1.04 software.

There were three WoZs in play at A-TOWN. The machine to the far right had the most updated code. I believe this is it.

Can't vouch for the video itself but if you watch and listen closely..you can see some new items. They are subtle but they are in there.

#190 10 years ago

What are the differences between 1.04 and 1.06?

#191 10 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

What are the differences between 1.04 and 1.06?

#192 10 years ago

I'm back Baby!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
There are 192 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-woz-will-be-here-today/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.