• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Arrived yesterday..

All minor (in my view) and just put here as a data point and perhaps things other peeps can check for on arrival.

Lock bar receiver required adjustment (or you could just sit on the lock bar and reach between your legs to get it to engage smoothly..yes, I know, "that's what she said" )

After about 20 plays the right flipper mech came apart. Obviously simple fix for anyone who knows what's up. 5 minutes under the hood and she was fixed. The black screws holding the coil stop had come loose in transit and shaken out. So the coil was hanging off its wires once I got under there. Found all the screws, washers in the cab, plus one extra screw..which had also fallen out of the third PF flipper coil stop. Two or three others were loose on inspection. So simple message is CHECK those screws first.

Nothing else to report except a queue to get on it. The family has simply not been this engaged with ANY of my machines before.

#2 9 years ago

WOZ is a fantastic game it keeps me wanting to play it over and over again

enjoy

#3 9 years ago

Enjoy! Every game I play is a challenge!

#5 9 years ago

Make sure you check all the coin stops. That has been a problem with new games recently. I have had my RR 75th demo for some time now and I was helping a customer with a problem on the castle playfield and noticed one of my screws on the upper flipper coil stop was loose. I was able to loosen the screws holding down the upper playfield and with my wife holding it up tighten it up without having to completely remove all the connectors. A relatively quick fix as it had not fallen out so make sure you check them all!

#6 9 years ago

What did you do to adjust your lock bar receiver. Mine is tight and I have to put my forearm weight on it to get it to lock.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

What did you do to adjust your lock bar receiver. Mine is tight and I have to put my forearm weight on it to get it to lock.

I had the same problem. A few months ago someone suggested pushing down on top with left forearm and with right hand push the (hanging) bar up and to the right. I tried it and it was much easier. I use a glove, but pretty much anything in the palm of your right hand to lessen the lifting process (the bottom of the bar is rather sharp) certainly helps the process.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

Lift the PF. Undo these two screws.. TAKE A PHOTO FIRST.
image.jpgimage.jpg

The locking mechanism then comes away from the receiver assembly. You can bend the tabs that mate with the outside lock bar. Be careful not to bend the inner bar. The tabs are hard to bend as they are short. The bar however is relatively long and any bending moment applied to the main bar will bend it.

#9 9 years ago

Not bad for a trip to Oz. Enjoy!

#10 9 years ago

I noticed a lot of slop between the inner bar and the trough it lay in - that's why when you push up on the locking mech it seems to work. I added a few layers of duck tape to the trough to raise the inner bar a bit. This fixed my problem.

#11 9 years ago

duct tape and bending tabs?? seriously??? is there not adjustment screws in there for this? mine is also really tight but i just figured out it's sweet spot for it to easily lock down.

#12 9 years ago

Doesn't the manual say to check for loose wires/bolts from shipping?

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I mentioned this in another thread, this should be standard procedure when opening a new pin. I really wonder how many people unbox their game, plug it in, cross their fingers and turn it on, without even giving the game a once over?

#14 9 years ago

Checking over a NIB has always been a standard recommendation for Stern.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

No

#16 9 years ago

Never had a pin yet that didn't have some problems. Sadly, I have to advise people who are interested in the hobby not to buy unless they are willing to make minor repairs. It's the nature of the beast.

1 month later
#17 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Arrived yesterday..
All minor (in my view) and just put here as a data point and perhaps things other peeps can check for on arrival.
Lock bar receiver required adjustment (or you could just sit on the lock bar and reach between your legs to get it to engage smoothly..yes, I know, "that's what she said" )
After about 20 plays the right flipper mech came apart. Obviously simple fix for anyone who knows what's up. 5 minutes under the hood and she was fixed. The black screws holding the coil stop had come loose in transit and shaken out. So the coil was hanging off its wires once I got under there. Found all the screws, washers in the cab, plus one extra screw..which had also fallen out of the third PF flipper coil stop. Two or three others were loose on inspection. So simple message is CHECK those screws first.
Nothing else to report except a queue to get on it. The family has simply not been this engaged with ANY of my machines before.

the funny thing is that the same thing happen to me word for word, everything after a few plays right out of the box.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-woz-issues-out-of-the-box and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.