Topic Stats

• 299 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by GaryMartin
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20130811_221944.jpg
20130811_221933.jpg
Monster_Bash_PF.jpg
IMG_4207.JPG
Hot-girls-in-Yoga-Pants-08.jpg
douchebag1.jpg
IMG_2153_(Small).JPG
WOZ_GI.jpg
WOZ_light_tube2.jpg
WOZ_light_tube.jpg
image.jpg
trollin.jpg
41uNeW1HpoL[1].jpg
IMG_2054.JPG
IMG_2049.JPG
IMG_2047.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrivelli.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 6 years ago

Night and day difference....wow. I'll be out Friday to get some games on it

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Did you try a 12v strip of 5050s on the top of the backboard, Stern-style to add more PF light? I think I am going to do that next myself.

Looks like he has one in there already

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Actually those are you're words making a Stern reference.
It is a surprise that a machine with lots of LED's needs extra lighting out of the box. Hopefully something can be done at the factory level (code / hardware) to make it brighter.

Not a surprise at all. It's contrast ratio. Brighter lights in PF mean you need brighter lights shining down on them, hence spotlights

Quoted from pinstyle:

No disrespect to your effort breadfan, its deffinatly one solution, i just dont care for it much and it has its inherrent issues.
Im not all familiar with many Stern games but isnt spotlights used in general to illuminate things above the playfield, not the playfield surface itself?

No, not always. Many times they will add one or two to really dark areas of games for the playfield

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I'm in for a kit. Hopefully with black shades to match the others in Woz.

They could be spray painted. I love spray painting everything so that's why I mentioned it. Never thought of doing that until now actually...

#240 6 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

As a not-so-unbiased contributor who wasn't put on vacation, that's not how I see it at all. Typically, what happened first is someone (usually one of only a few someones) posts some jab at WOZ, JJP, or WOZ fans. Typically it's one of the following:
* Controversial statement or opinion with no provided reasoning, and personal opinions rarely qualified as such
* Negative rumor or innuendo with no backing facts
* Information that is provably false
* Provocative statement that has nothing to do with the topic at hand
These are usually worded so as to purposefully get a rise out of WOZ/JJP fans, who admittedly can get a bit over-emotional on responses, but also kept vague enough so that the poster can backtrack and claim ignorance when the topic inevitably gets out of hand.
When you say "actual, legitimate problems with the game can be discussed without the people reporting them being shouted out of the room as "haters", etc.", if you look closer the people typically being shouted out of the room as "haters" did not have "actual legitimate problems". I'm not aware of any WOZ fan that has taken someone with a legitimate game problem, or a legitimate opinion that they were willing to support, or a legitimate piece of information not based entirely on hearsay, and shouted them out of the room.
I have certainly never done that - if anything, my arguments with individuals have been about trying to get them to simply *support* their statements, not prevent them from making them.

Stay on track here, this thread has a lot of actually great info on the WoZ lighting, fixes, improvements, suggestions etc

#282 6 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Years of debate on RGP and I thought I worded my responses carefully but I missed on my last one. You are correct, no price has been placed on what this mod will cost to correct this situation.
My point is this is the first game (to my meager pinball knowledge) that will apparantly require a mod to be playable in pretty much any lighting condition accept for "well lit from overhead". So in fact it does seem to be either an unadvertised design intention, or a pretty big design oversight (or miss).
I sincerely hope that software adjustments can drive up the power to the existing G.I., and all the owners that have already received their games will be ok with aligning all the G.I. tubes that were assembled backwards or twisted or whatever that issue was. But to be clear, mods should be something the people do to their games to enhance it's functionality or appearance, NOT to make it playable. IMHO.

Meh, there are a good number of williams games with super dark/unplayable playfields as well. Judge dredd is a pretty big culprit of this. Heck, so is STTNG. Gotta mod those games to make them playable in a dark room for the most part.

#290 6 years ago

Those games are almost 20 years old. Plus they didn't have LED technology then. Sterns new games are bright and have LEDs. JJP games have to match this or exceed.

That is a good point and I do agree on the older williams games. They did have LEDs though, but side point

Monster Bash was the darkest game we owned. I tried everything to brighten up this game. The only thing that fixed it was selling it

lol. Here is a pic of one locally LED'd up and brighten'd. Not the best pic ever, sorry

Monster_Bash_PF.jpg

#296 6 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Are you saying they used LEDs for GI and inserts on Williams pins?

No, obviously not... I'm gonna step out of that debate since it is going nowhere and the point was missed. I'd rather keep this on track.

That AFM looks pretty sweet! Lovin that strip!

Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Whats this and where can I get it? Your AFM is rocking!

You can get a plug n play strip at http://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/blue-no-solder-led-light-strip-williams-wpcwpc95-games

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 11,500.00
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrivelli.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside