Topic Stats

• 299 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by GaryMartin
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20130811_221944.jpg
20130811_221933.jpg
Monster_Bash_PF.jpg
IMG_4207.JPG
Hot-girls-in-Yoga-Pants-08.jpg
douchebag1.jpg
IMG_2153_(Small).JPG
WOZ_GI.jpg
WOZ_light_tube2.jpg
WOZ_light_tube.jpg
image.jpg
trollin.jpg
41uNeW1HpoL[1].jpg
IMG_2054.JPG
IMG_2049.JPG
IMG_2047.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

But if you take any game stock and turn out the lights, you just cannot see the flipper area well.

On many games that's true, but not all. For example, AC/DC is plenty bright right out of the box. I play mine in the dark all the time.

As for WOZ, I agree that the stock GI lighting is woefully inadequate. Even if they allow you to turn the intensity way up, I just don't see there being enough light to play in a dark room. Kudos to you for addressing the issue and taking the time to explain exactly what you did to the community. Based on your photos, I think the game looks great now. The only negative, as others have already pointed out, is that it's not tied into the existing GI. Thus, your added lights will always remain on. This will definitely take a lot of the fun out of "Lights Out" multiball.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Does anyone near Woodstock, IL have a WoZ we could do some basic tests on to see if the PIG 2 would do the job?

You are welcome to come by and test it out on mine.

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Interesting blog from a Woz owner that identifies some quality control issues may be contributing to low GI.. see below as it may help some of you until software is fixed.
http://www.pinplay.com/4/weak_gi_on_woz_there_could_be_a_good_reason_for_that.html

Thanks for that link! I'm going to have to check out my game to see if any of mine are not aligned properly.

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

That is a good find! If software doesn't improve and realignment doesn't do the trick I wonder if some of the guys that make acrylic stuff could make clear tubes with some facets for better refraction

Without question, somebody should be able to come up with a modded tube design that will work better.

#201 6 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

They have guys who can fix it too. I was hoping someone here might tell me if there's an engineer at JJP who is open to trading some e-mails about it. Or I guess I was hoping that someone at JJP reads this thread.

I will go on the JJP board right now and direct their attention to your questions.

#256 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

By the way, the GI *does not* shut off during lights out multiball. Only the inserts go out. So the spotlights, if tied to GI, would stay on the entire game anyway.

So what does your game look like during "Lights Out" multiball? Is the effect lessened by having all those spotlights on? It would seem to me that the mode would be optimally effective in a room with very little ambient light. By just having those two spotlights on and very dim GI, it makes for a very fun and challenging mode.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monclova, OH
$ 50.00
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Steele, ND
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside