Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Alien.jpg
photo 1-465.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

So I was told that I was one of the last people to order a WOZ LE. My machine arrived a couple of days ago. I was beginning to get frustrated and even made the call to JJP a couple of weeks ago saying come on guys… it's been a long time. I was openly told that you are actually on the good side of things because the early issues have been resolved.

After setting up the machine I have to say I am completely impressed and the machine is a blast. I have all makes of pins. I like all makes of machines. I could care less about BW vs Stern vs JJP. What I can say is that These guys have hit the ball out of the park. I spend lots on money taking perfectly good machines apart to clear play fields, add LED's, and add Michael Pupo's speakers. This machine is complete right out of the box. The game also has a completely modern feel to it. I believe JJP has significantly raised the bar for anyone in this business.

To all the haters…. Shut up already. While most people wouldn't have neither the clue nor the courage to take on a huge risk like this guy has the fact is he did it. I am thankful for anyone that chooses to put their heart and soul into our hobby. The same goes for Jpop. The next time you want to complain why don't you refocus yourself on something a little more positive.

It's a good time for pinball and I just wanted to say thanks to the people in the industry doing their part to keep it rolling along.

#2 9 years ago

Enjoy your new game !

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago

good stuff

#4 9 years ago

Awesome and congrats

#5 9 years ago

Its a great pin, enjoy it. the more you play it the more you see that there is almost too much to do on the game.

#6 9 years ago

Congrats

Glad you got it and after the wait hope you love your new game.

#7 9 years ago

pics or it didnt happen

#8 9 years ago

Right on! Roger that!

#9 9 years ago

I can take some pictures. I sandwiched the machine between a CSI and Elvis so no one can get close to the cabinet!

#10 9 years ago

Congrats....

WOZ is a kick-a$$ game

#11 9 years ago

Awesome! Makes me feel good about the WOZECLE position that I just bought from another pinsider. This probably might sound weird to some, but since I just got in, I am hoping that mine is actually THE last green LE off the line! It could be a famous machine!

#12 9 years ago

Mine will be close to one of the last off of the line I think as well....

#13 9 years ago

Grats on the new machine. I've had the chance to play an LE and found it not only to be impressive looking, but great fun as well.

#14 9 years ago

Congrats! WOZ is one heck of an amazing and fun pin.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You forgot to add " brutal and unforgiving" to your gameplay description. .....mark

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You forgot to add " brutal and unforgiving" to your gameplay description. .....mark

Ha! Right there with ya Mark! The game is a beast.

#17 9 years ago

Glad you got your WOZ David.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

And I hear there are lots of toys as well : ))

Enjoy your game it can be very addicting, glad I own it or there would be lots of dollars in someones coin box.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from V8chopper:

So I was told that I was one of the last people to order a WOZ LE. My machine arrived a couple of days ago. I was beginning to get frustrated and even made the call to JJP a couple of weeks ago saying come on guys… it's been a long time. I was openly told that you are actually on the good side of things because the early issues have been resolved.
After setting up the machine I have to say I am completely impressed and the machine is a blast. I have all makes of pins. I like all makes of machines. I could care less about BW vs Stern vs JJP. What I can say is that These guys have hit the ball out of the park. I spend lots on money taking perfectly good machines apart to clear play fields, add LED's, and add Michael Pupo's speakers. This machine is complete right out of the box. The game also has a completely modern feel to it. I believe JJP has significantly raised the bar for anyone in this business.
To all the haters…. Shut up already. While most people wouldn't have neither the clue nor the courage to take on a huge risk like this guy has the fact is he did it. I am thankful for anyone that chooses to put their heart and soul into our hobby. The same goes for Jpop. The next time you want to complain why don't you refocus yourself on something a little more positive.
It's a good time for pinball and I just wanted to say thanks to the people in the industry doing their part to keep it rolling along.

When did you order and through whom?

#20 9 years ago

Congrats, enjoy!

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

When did you order and through whom?

I ordered direct. I don't remember when exactly. I have changed email accounts since then and don't have the original emails sorry.

#22 9 years ago

Congratulations. but beware, once you really get into it, it will suck up all your free time!!

I'm amazed that after having it for just over 10 months now, I still can't go over to my shop without playing it, even when I really don't have the time. Possibly the most "just one more game" machine ever!

#23 9 years ago

Congrats! It's an awesome pin and so deep and fun.

#24 9 years ago

Ok, I have some friends coming over for the occasion. I took a couple of shots.photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG

#25 9 years ago

Looking at your game room, I just want you to know that I hate you.

#26 9 years ago

Great lineup of pins, V8chopper! Varied selection! Glad to hear you are happy with JJP's product...it's nice to hear some positive reviews. Keep us updated how it holds up mechanically.

Rob
creditdotpinball.com

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Looking at your game room, I just want you to know that I hate you.

LOL

I've always wanted to own an OZ but I can't even play one. I'm in Tampa and no one that I even know has one nor are there there any on location

#28 9 years ago

OK so I have to re post this one rotated properlyphoto.JPGphoto.JPG

#29 9 years ago

Ok, so it's been 3 years since I have posted a picture here is the other side of the room.
photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG

#30 9 years ago

The end of the roomphoto 1-465.JPGphoto 1-465.JPG

#31 9 years ago

Now I hate you also lol. That's an amazing line up. Will we see Hobbit in there at some point?

#32 9 years ago

Yes there will be a Hobbit also. I am fortunate to have a few people to shop games and clear them in the Chicago area. Wayne Whitney and Rick at Rick's game repair. 2 class acts in the local area. Tatman has also helped with these games which I also appreciate. It has taken 3 years to pull it together.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from V8chopper:

Ok, so it's been 3 years since I have posted a picture here is the other side of the room.
photo 2.JPG 231 KB

Wauw.....nice line up. Not jalous at all , only got room for one (when DM is gone) and she is going to be my precious

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from V8chopper:

The end of the room

photo 1-465.JPG 226 KB

Man.....I hate you 3!!!!!! ......awesome Gameroom.....or should I say " game hall"......very, very nice.....mark

#35 9 years ago

Killer Lineup! Is that a steel outbuilding or is it a basement?

#36 9 years ago

Wow! What a game room. Amazing. Where is the bar?

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Killer Lineup! Is that a steel outbuilding or is it a basement?

This room is 36x60. It is a steel pole building. The floor is concrete. We planned the room in advance and ran all of the power to the machines in conduit in the concrete. Also with our cold climate here we put radiant heat in the floor. We used 3/4" pex spaced every foot. The boiler is 150,000 BTU's and is a wall mounted unit similar to an instant water heater but operates at higher temperatures. Unfortunately we are on propane which chews through the dollars. To solve this issue I installed a pellet stove. I run the stove at the rate of 1 bag of pellets per day which amounts to $125 per month. I run the boiler just enough to keep the slab warm and comfortable.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from V8chopper:

This room is 36x60. It is a steel pole building. The floor is concrete. We planned the room in advance and ran all of the power to the machines in conduit in the concrete. Also with our cold climate here we put radiant heat in the floor. We used 3/4" pex spaced every foot. The boiler is 150,000 BTU's and is a wall mounted unit similar to an instant water heater but operates at higher temperatures. Unfortunately we are on propane which chews through the dollars. To solve this issue I installed a pellet stove. I run the stove at the rate of 1 bag of pellets per day which amounts to $125 per month. I run the boiler just enough to keep the slab warm and comfortable.

Again....VERY nice!!!

#39 9 years ago

Congrats David!
This game room is like none other! Every pin is in perfect condition. It's the Taj Mahal of game rooms! I've been there twice & have played pins till I was sore! lol
One of the coolest attractions of this game room is not in any of the pictures, it's a 9' tall Alien(the movie 'Aliens') custom made from metal!
Congrats again, enjoy your new WOZ!

#40 9 years ago

Thanks for all the kind words. The WOZ had 1 loose plastic and a couple switch errors today. Not a big deal. 4 switch issues showed up on Bally Williams machines too today. Will adjust and move on.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from V8chopper:

I completely agree with your assessment. I got my standard WOZ in February. While my collection pales in comparison to yours (your collection is unbelievable!) I have enough games and have played enough different machines to say that JJP has clearly raised the bar with this one. Software updates 3.0 and then 4.0 put this game through roof. Amazing machine and amazing software.

I'm in on the Hobbit too and looking forward to seeing if JJP is able to raise the bar even higher.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from V8chopper:

Thanks for all the kind words. The WOZ had 1 loose plastic and a couple switch errors today. Not a big deal. 4 switch issues showed up on Bally Williams machines too today. Will adjust and move on.

Curious as to where you try to maintain the humidity # in the winter...definitely something I'm trying to get wrapped around in my Gameroom.....thanks...mark

#43 9 years ago

I don't do anything to add humidity in the winter. I do run AC in the summer to keep the humidity out as well. I personally don't see any benefit to moisture.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from V8chopper:

I don't do anything to add humidity in the winter. I do run AC in the summer to keep the humidity out as well. I personally don't see any benefit to moisture.

Agreed....excessive is removed by my A/C in summer as well......I'm trying to target 25-30% to avoid potential ESD ( status discharge) when all the moisture is gone in the winter....I could be worrying for nothing.......

#45 9 years ago

Excellent lineup, excellent story. Thanks for sharing!

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from V8chopper:

The end of the room

photo 1-465.JPG 226 KB

the end of the room !.. you save the best of the best for the end.

great setup.

#47 9 years ago

Great!

I'm sorry there is any 'hate' or dislike for WoZ. Of course it's not for everyone and of course the delays for some were excessive and some issues (to be expected). But at the end of the day it's great to have something different. Good as Stern may be, it's always nice to have choices.

Love your game room.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Great!
I'm sorry there is any 'hate' or dislike for WoZ. Of course it's not for everyone and of course the delays for some were excessive and some issues (to be expected). But at the end of the day it's great to have something different. Good as Stern may be, it's always nice to have choices.
Love your game room.

I agree with your statement and perhaps I could have worded mine better. It is absolutely great to have choices. I'm not personally hip on the theme 100% but it is a great game and the quality of the build is awesome. I can only hope that subsequent games will roll out at the same quality level. A little bit of competition is always a good thing. Again I am very happy that JJP, JPOP, Spooky, predator and whoever else is out there spending their money and effort to bring options to everyone. It is alway easier to criticize someone (anyone) while sitting on the couch doing nothing. It is significantly more difficult to take on these projects with the incredible amount of things that have to be taken care of.

Employees, Employee Benefits, Taxes, more taxes, development costs, suppliers, issues, things that never go as planned, facilities, tools, fixtures, accountants, lawyers, utilities. By the time you boil it all down I am quite sure the money is not as good as it looked before things got started…

#49 9 years ago

Alien.jpgAlien.jpg

#50 9 years ago

Above is the Alien the Chris spoke of. I did not include it as it was not pinball related. It's a lot of junk parts from Thailand welded into something very cool.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 24.50
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
$ 16.95
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 91.00
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-woz-arrived and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.