Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jojo97222
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 37 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCF2405_(resized).JPG
DSCF2404_(resized).JPG
DSCF2403_(resized).JPG
DSCF2390_(resized).JPG
DSCF2391_(resized).JPG
DSCF2392_(resized).JPG
DSCF2393_(resized).JPG
DSCF2399_(resized).JPG
Picture 286.jpg
Picture 283.jpg
Picture 307.jpg
Picture 302.jpg
Picture 313.jpg
Picture 310.jpg
Picture 314.jpg
Picture 308.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Hello All,

This was my first full restoration and IMO it came out really nice. I bought the machine from a guy who had it in storage for many years sitting in at least of an inch of water in a nice humid southern state. The only good thing about the deal was he brought it up to me at no charge. Other than that, this machine was in sad condition. All of the switches and contacts were covered in a nice shade of green corrosion, and some of the wood was rotted.

Picture 177.jpg

Picture 207.jpg

Picture 189.jpg

Picture 209.jpg

Picture 204.jpg

As you can see, the front of this machine was not pretty either.

I did a full tear down of the machine, replace all coil sleeves, wet sanded all of the plungers nice and smooth (a lot of them had rust), gaped and cleaned all switches and contacts. ME'ed the PF and removed all inserts. Gel glued and leveled all inserts back into PF.

Before and Afters

Picture 215.jpg

Picture 186.jpg

Picture 275.jpg

Picture 178.jpg

Picture 179.jpg

Picture 183.jpg

Picture 180.jpg

Picture 278.jpg

#2 4 years ago

The rest of PF

Picture 282.jpg

Picture 283.jpg

Picture 292.jpg

Backglass Touched up

Picture 288.jpg

Picture 289.jpg

Picture 290.jpg

Front of cabinet repainted and sides touched up

Picture 291.jpg

Picture 268.jpg

Picture 308.jpg

Picture 314.jpg

and Check out that coin return!!!!!

Picture 310.jpg

Picture 313.jpg

#3 4 years ago

Lighting mods I did that I strongly urge all Strato-Flite to consider. I experimented with all kinds of LED's and colored 44's, and this is what I think looked best. Not many, but subtle enough to make a difference.

I put 2 red LED's (the kind that look like 44 bulbs) under the double and triple bonus lights in the playfield. This really makes them pop when you achieve.

In the top of the playfield, I put Blue 44's under the 5000pt, open side gate and open bottom gate inserts. Looks good and helps you know where on the bonus rotation you are at. I also added a 44 Bulb light under the Saucer kick-out hole, really makes it pop. I also have tried this with a 455 blinker, looks good to me both ways. If anyone is interested, let me know and I will add picks of where installed it underneath. It was a little tricky to get the light in the right place without the kicker knocking it out.

Picture 302.jpg

Picture 307.jpg

Bumpers, I put a Blue 44 in each one. Make the blue bumper glow really nice.

Picture 283.jpg

Picture 286.jpg

Lastly, This one is optional to your taste. I added blue 44's under the 1000-10,000 bonus lights. Looks better to me than the bright white. I experimented with blue LED's here, but it made the machine look to modern.

Thanks to all for looking.

#4 4 years ago

Nice. I have a Super-Flite and your playfield looks pretty good compared to mine. You even have an intact center cloud plastic (mine's held together with superglue and tape).

I put color-changing led's in the pop bumpers on mine. I like the look it has with those.

#5 4 years ago

Great job!

#6 4 years ago

Nice save and restoration!

Ken

#7 4 years ago

Awesome job. I'm working on one also. I get this thing to reset the bonus and I'm flipping.

#8 4 years ago

Very nice. I love my Strato Flite.

#9 4 years ago

Nice work. Another game saved.

Steve J

#10 4 years ago

Thank you for your comments. When I brought this machine home, my wife had a fit, not because I bought another machine, but because it smelled bad and as I mentioned before, it was in really sad shape. I actually cleaned the cabinet and PF some before I started taking pictures. My wife's only concerns were how it is going to look in our basement. The work and time I put into my machines is for myself and not resale. When I was finally done, my wife could not believe it was the same machine. I received the same reaction from my friends who helped me carry it into the house.

My wife was so pleased with how this turned out, that she said I could buy another machine anytime I want. It's a good thing, 'cause I already did. I am picking up my Aztec next month.

Just remember all, "Happy Wife, Happy Life"!

1 year later
#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

Thank you for your comments. When I brought this machine home, my wife had a fit, not because I bought another machine, but because it smelled bad and as I mentioned before, it was in really sad shape. I actually cleaned the cabinet and PF some before I started taking pictures. My wife's only concerns were how it is going to look in our basement. The work and time I put into my machines is for myself and not resale. When I was finally done, my wife could not believe it was the same machine. I received the same reaction from my friends who helped me carry it into the house.
My wife was so pleased with how this turned out, that she said I could buy another machine anytime I want. It's a good thing, 'cause I already did. I am picking up my Aztec next month.
Just remember all, "Happy Wife, Happy Life"!

I was doing a pinside search on Super-Flite and ran across this thread (nice job). I know it's old but I just picked up a fairly decent Super-Flite today and want to do something like this with mine. I have already got all but three of the inserts out. they came out super easy, 4 of them were already out and laying around in the playfield, luckly they're all there and in good shape, all seem to be nice and level just a lil dirty just like the rest of the machine is. I am not sure what gel glue is but will do a search on it unless you have some tips for me on regluing the inserts and best way to clean them and PF without damaging it. I hope mine cleans up as well as yours did. I am having to glue the center plastic cloud piece back together too, the rest of the plastics looks good.

DSCF2399_(resized).JPG

DSCF2393_(resized).JPG

DSCF2392_(resized).JPG

DSCF2391_(resized).JPG

DSCF2390_(resized).JPG

DSCF2403_(resized).JPG

DSCF2404_(resized).JPG

DSCF2405_(resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 30.00
Apparel - Men
Pinball Haus
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 64.00
$ 8.99
Lighting - Other
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 30.00
Apparel - Men
Pinball Haus
$ 79.00
$ 92.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 224.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Dystopian Mods Italia
$ 150.00
Playfield - Protection
Republic Of Pinball
$ 149.00
$ 89.00
Cabinet Parts
Pappy's Pinball Palace

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside