Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by nsmith
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Ok so a thread was started about our wives snapping at our out of control pinball addiction. So I thought I would start a thread about having wives that are not only supportive habit, but love pinball as well.

So I will start off by saying that my wife not only supports me in my crazy hobbies\addictions\games, but encourages me continue and do what I love. She actually loves these crazy hobbies, which in my case includes doing magic semi professionally and playing all sorts of board games (our collection is now over 100 games and climbing with some of these games being over $100) almost as much as I do!

I am one lucky man that has found a great women who has the same interests as I do. She loves going to conventions, meeting fellow pinheads and she helps with the repair of the machines and can trace an electric schematic like a champ.

She is already talking about our next pin which for us will be number 4. We are looking at a Mata Hari, we both love the fact that it is a SS but still has the chimes and the look of an EM so we get the best of both worlds

Happier then a pig in mud

#2 10 years ago

Does she have a pretty sister that happens to be single?

#3 10 years ago

Chirp.......chirp.........chirp

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

Does she have a pretty sister that happens to be single?

Sorry indypin she is an only child

#5 10 years ago

My Fiance Loves pinball like I do as well, and has let me turn our living room / dining room into a pinball/arcade room. Shes helped with shop jobs, picking games up with me / looking over the machine, goes to Pinball shows with me. Not many chicks would be too cool sacrificing a piece of furniture for another pinball machine, but I got extremely lucky with this one! Not that it makes a difference, but we are both 26 years old.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

My Fiance Loves pinball like I do as well, and has let me turn our living room / dining room into a pinball/arcade room. Shes helped with shop jobs, picking games up with me / looking over the machine, goes to Pinball shows with me. Not many chicks would be too cool sacrificing a piece of furniture for another pinball machine, but I got extremely lucky with this one! Not that it makes a difference, but we are both 26 years old.

Marry her quick, sounds like a match made in pinball heaven

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from nsmith:

Marry her quick, sounds like a match made in pinball heaven

Better yet, have a pinball themed Wedding!

#8 10 years ago

I always hear sad stories about dudes and their wives hating their hobbies; it bums me out!

That being said, I feel like I've been seeing a lot more pinball fans as duos, which is cool as hell. There's a girl on one of the teams in the league I'm in who brings her husband along and actually got HIM into the game.

#9 10 years ago

Lucky you! My wife is not into pinball, but she politely tolerates my addiction. We have a great many other things in common, though, so I can hardly complain. I don't share all of her interests, either. I think we have the balance about right. Actually, we've been very happily married for 33 years, so I don't suppose there is any doubt about it.

Now that I think of it, it's probably a good thing she is not a pinball fan. We already have too much money and space tied up in this hobby with just one of us involved.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from Craig:

Lucky you! My wife is not into pinball, but she politely tolerates my addiction. We have a great many other things in common, though, so I can hardly complain. I don't share all of her interests, either. I think we have the balance about right. Actually, we've been very happily married for 33 years, so I don't suppose there is any doubt about it.
    Now that I think of it, it's probably a good thing she is not a pinball fan. We already have too much money and space tied up in this hobby with just one of us involved.

congrats on 33 years ! Luckly for us we have limited space for pinballs, or who knows how many we would end up with

#11 10 years ago

Glad to report that my wife has fully supported my venture into pinball this past year, she won't necessarily play much, but she hasn't questioned any of my spending, comes with me sometimes to look at/pickup games, and has helped carry more pinball machines than she could have ever dreamed possible. It doesn't hurt that we are getting ready to put in a new kitchen and she likes me not questioning any of her expenses in that area

However, when it comes to pinball wives, not many of us can compete with my good friend and fellow pinsider in the Atlanta area. Our pinball league is made of about 20 guys, and one woman...and he's married to her. And most of the time she beats both of us...

#12 10 years ago

I am glad to see more and more women getting into pinball and competing with us boys

#13 10 years ago

Someone should start a thread about not having wives.

#14 10 years ago

My wife supports it because she has no choice. lol Actually, she likes to play too.

#15 10 years ago

My GF fully supports this hobby. She's a huge asset when it comes to wiring as she has an electrical back round. Just don't stand within a 5' r. when she's up. She loves breaking in the new pins properly.

#16 10 years ago

Mine is in, and likes pinball. It helps when you involve them in the choice of themes, and invite them in on the decision making when you have a game in mind. She's not afraid to speak her mind, if there is one she doesn't like - she will tell me. But, she won't forbid me to get it either. If you keep them happy, they will likely keep you happy too.

#17 10 years ago

My GF/Wife is gonna have to put up with it.

So hopefully she'll join in on the fun.

#18 10 years ago

awwww....

#19 10 years ago

My wife tolerates my hobby as well. Now that I am retired , it's much easier to manage the time!

#20 10 years ago

That is how I met my wife, i bought an Elvira (EATPM) pin from her on ebay 4 years ago this month.
    My wife does not mind me owning >300+ pins, what she does mind (and I have to agree)
    is paying for storage for all those games.
    cheers tom

#21 10 years ago

Very supportive wife here. She even likes a couple of them!

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

My wife does not mind me owning >300+ pins

#23 10 years ago

My wife is awesome. She couldn't care less about pinball, has zero interest in playing, but fully supports the ridiculous money this hobby costs. If you're smart you make sure you keep her happy by balancing things out though.

#24 10 years ago

My wife doesn't enjoy playing but is fully supportive. She has helped set-up and rearrange pins in the game room.

When I was on the fence about a pricey pin- she said if you want it, get it.

I thought out loud about selling all my games- she said don't do it.

She's a keeper (for those about to ask, no sisters).

Eric

#25 10 years ago

If she supports you doing the things that you love and enjoy. She is a keeper in my book.

#26 10 years ago

My wife plays maybe 6 games in a year, but supports me all the way. Says she'd play more if I got a WOZ, guess I'll have to start shopping. Seems like the old saying is true - Happy wife...Happy life.

#27 10 years ago

Count me in the former category. My wife is none too pleased that I'm in the hobby, both from a financial perspective (which I totally understand) and from a lack of space perspective (which I get too). But she says I'm obsessed with this hobby and I need to enjoy what I have (I get that too).

I will say that she never played pinball before and really enjoys playing, which is helping. So I'm happy about that at least. But thumbs up to you guys who's significant others are behind you 100% and wanting more. That's just great. We need to start hanging out as couples so your ladies will encourage my lady more.

#28 10 years ago

Good for the op, that's how marriage should be

Post edited by ovfdfireman: "men" that have to ask wife for permission might be offended

#29 10 years ago

that would be awesome, a tournament with husband and wives as teams

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from WOLF:

My wife plays maybe 6 games in a year, but supports me all the way. Says she'd play more if I got a WOZ, guess I'll have to start shopping. Seems like the old saying is true - Happy wife...Happy life.

Wolf, you should be able to find a WOZ with no problems now that Hobbit is coming out

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from nsmith:

Wolf, you should be able to find a WOZ with no problems now that Hobbit is coming out

Finding the game - no problem, finding the cash - problem.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from WOLF:

Finding the game - no problem, finding the cash - problem.

LOL, Yeah I feel you bro, money is always the issue

#33 10 years ago

We have 8 kids and 8 grandkids, between christmas and birthdays the pb fund takes a pretty good hit.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

That is how I met my wife, i bought an Elvira (EATPM) pin from her on ebay 4 years ago this month.
    My wife does not mind me owning >300+ pins, what she does mind (and I have to agree)
    is paying for storage for all those games.
    cheers tom

i was gonna say, you must have one hellavu big games room : P

my partner started whinin' and whingeing after the 2nd pin arrived.

so i guess thats a negative on the 'wife supports my addiction' subject ..

#35 10 years ago

My wife loves pinball and arcade stuff in general. She just took second in the women's tournament at the MGC. We spent all day Saturday there (till 1 am) and also allowed our house to become the pinball flophouse last weekend for friends coming to the MGC. Boys, I am soooooo lucky.

Don C.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from Don_C:

My wife loves pinball and arcade stuff in general. She just took second in the women's tournament at the MGC. We spent all day Saturday there (till 1 am) and also allowed our house to become the pinball flophouse last weekend for friends coming to the MGC. Boys, I am soooooo lucky.
    Don C.

that is awesome

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-wife-supports-my-addiction and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.