• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A17D22C3-30F5-42D1-A418-375A35AD68E1 (resized).jpeg
What_61483f_1906940.jpg
#1 4 years ago

We purchased our first pinball last spring and my wife and I play it several times a week. Last night, with absolutely no prompting, she said something like "Don't you think it would be good to have another pinball machine." I have never mentioned buying another pin -- honest. This is just one reason we've been married for over 32 years . . .

#2 4 years ago

You get on base and let you wife come up and hit a home run for you!! That has to be a great conversation. Congrats on 32 years!!

#3 4 years ago

You’ve got a good wife! Have fun together!

#4 4 years ago

Man its great when hobbies/fun crap aligns! Good for you!

My wife says... "when did you get that one"? LOL

#5 4 years ago

Mine forbids me from selling any of our games....she's a 2nd stage hoarder

#6 4 years ago

My wife is very open to my pinball hobby and never gives me crap when I want a new one, but she just isnt into it... as much as I try.

Wish she was!

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Mine forbids me from selling any of our games....she's a 2nd stage hoarder

This...everytime I mention selling one, she gets sad...like we're selling one of our children. I actually think she'd let one of them go before a pin.

#8 4 years ago

damn these click bait threads, can't not look inside!

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Gott1978:

We purchased our first pinball last spring and my wife and I play it several times a week. Last night, with absolutely no prompting, she said something like "Don't you think it would be good to have another pinball machine." I have never mentioned buying another pin -- honest. This is just one reason we've been married for over 32 years . . .

It's a trap, be careful. You likely already know this, but as a friendly reminder . . .
What_61483f_1906940.jpgWhat_61483f_1906940.jpg

#10 4 years ago

Maybe you’re spending too much time with her...she’s trying to get rid of you!

#11 4 years ago

Better marry her quick.....oh wait.....never mind.....

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Gott1978:

We purchased our first pinball last spring and my wife and I play it several times a week. Last night, with absolutely no prompting, she said something like "Don't you think it would be good to have another pinball machine." I have never mentioned buying another pin.

She's just tired of you hogging the game. A second pin would let her play while you play the other pin. Wives always have a motive.

#13 4 years ago

My wife said . . . my pinball machine limit was how many games I could fit on the basement wall. Which was 7.

We moved several times and each new house had longer walls. Now my limit is around 30 on wall #1 and about 30 on wall #2. Now the problem is that games are no longer cheap like they were 20 years ago so it is more expensive to fill the walls.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Gott1978:

You got a keeper for sure! Mine has suggested multiple purchases for us, including our very first one.

#15 4 years ago

Mine rolls her eyes....she suggested I turn my hobby into a business lol

#16 4 years ago

Yeah, at best, my wife tolerates pinball.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

My wife said . . . my pinball machine limit was how many games I could fit on the basement wall. Which was 7.
We moved several times and each new house had longer walls. Now my limit is around 30 on wall #1 and about 30 on wall #2. Now the problem is that games are no longer cheap like they were 20 years ago so it is more expensive to fill the walls.

Not if you make an EM wall

#18 4 years ago

This past winter I had just bought a pin about a month earlier when a wishlist pin showed up from a local seller on Pinside classifieds. I debated about it with myself for a couple days, thinking it was too soon to buy another one. The next day I showed the listing to my wife, and she said, “You should get it.” Just one of the many reasons I'm so glad I married her 33 years ago!

Quoted from robertmee:

Not if you make an EM wall

It does help that I have all EMs!

#19 4 years ago

When there was 1 last Alien at a distributor, I had to decide in a matter of hours whether to pick it up or not. Rushed home, told my wife about the rarity, cool factor of the game, and that I doubted it would decline in in value. She looked at me and said "yep, I trust your judgement, do it!".

(I think I'll keep her..)

#20 4 years ago

So one night me and my fiance are shooting pool in the basement. I tell her I always wanted a pinball machine. She goes on about how much she loved it as a kid. So I say: if we get one the artwork is going to have girls with big hooters. Next day I find a big betty's truck stop. She plays so much I have to buy another and she is way better than I am. I read someone says: Xenon has the best ass in pinball. That was it. total restoration just completed. So guy I know makes these led signs that look like neon. He makes me a sign that says" TnA pinball. lol

#21 4 years ago

ding...ding...ding... We have a winner.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Gott1978:

married for over 32 years

You got married when you were 9?

#23 4 years ago

Married 30 years and my wife doesn't mind how many we have.
I think she figures if I'm playing with them at least I'm not trying to play with her.

#24 4 years ago

Buy two more and tell her what a great idea she had.

#25 4 years ago

Run away now! She’s not your wife!

A17D22C3-30F5-42D1-A418-375A35AD68E1 (resized).jpegA17D22C3-30F5-42D1-A418-375A35AD68E1 (resized).jpeg
#26 4 years ago

Awesome story and congrats!
My ex wife loved to play pinball. Love comes when it wants, does what it wants and leaves when it wants.
Moral of the story... EVERYTHING is temporary, just enjoy it while it lasts.

#27 4 years ago

Does your wife have a sister?

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

You got married when you were 9?

No, when I was 32; 1978 is the year my (first?) pin was made.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-wife-said-?hl=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.