(Topic ID: 332691)

My Wife Just Made Me Swear To This

By pinballdaveh

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20230308_174334_Chrome (resized).jpg
    And then she asks..... (resized).jpg
    A25A65BC-104D-4ECC-9249-0DE9453F4320 (resized).jpeg
    #1 1 year ago
    A25A65BC-104D-4ECC-9249-0DE9453F4320 (resized).jpegA25A65BC-104D-4ECC-9249-0DE9453F4320 (resized).jpeg
    #2 1 year ago

This will never happen lol

#3 1 year ago

Better luck next year

#4 1 year ago

Some things are just meant not to be....Good luck finding a new wife!

#5 1 year ago

Lol, then my wife has to swear to it too!
    -Mike

#6 1 year ago

Crossed your fingers behind your back, while swearing it?

#7 1 year ago

My wife always says it but she knows it will never happen she does it as a joke I think lol

#8 1 year ago

Does she know IT"S ONLY MARCH?!!?

#9 1 year ago
    And then she asks..... (resized).jpgAnd then she asks..... (resized).jpg
    #10 1 year ago

Look at the bright side.
    She did say "this year."

#11 1 year ago

My wife tried to do that to me once. I brought up her $90 bras and she never mentioned pinballs again.

#12 1 year ago

order what you want have it delivered Jan 1,2024

lots of back logs anyway !

#13 1 year ago

If pin manufacturers were smart, they’d hatch a diabolical plot to rid the world of wives. Sales would triple!

(Just a joke, I think wives play an important role in keeping men from making horrible life decisions)

#14 1 year ago

She isn't complacent yet? Usually after 9 years of collecting they get wore down. Ha ha.

#15 1 year ago

My wife just let me buy buy buy... until the room ran out. Then I got "the talk"... so I'm in the same boat, bailing furiously, but sadly going down like Yosimite Sam...

#16 1 year ago

I just told my wife my latest pin (Rolling Stones) was on loan from a friend. It was true when I told her that, so I wasn’t lying.

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

If pin manufacturers were smart, they’d hatch a diabolical plot to rid the world of wives. Sales would triple!
    (Just a joke, I think wives play an important role in keeping men from making horrible life decisions)

I just read this to the wife... she said "If pin manufacturers were smart, they’d offer pre-built man-sheds complete with climate control and electricity so you had some place to store and play these things." She may have something there.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

I just read this to the wife... she said "If pin manufacturers were smart, they’d offer pre-built man-sheds complete with climate control and electricity so you had some place to store and play these things." She may have something there.

https://powellind.com/integrated-package-solutions

May be a bit too "industrial" looking but one of these should do the trick!

#19 1 year ago

I was not going to buy a RUSH pinball, wife said buy it. Foo Fighters, wife says buy it. I am not trading in this wife.

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

My wife tried to do that to me once. I brought up her $90 bras and she never mentioned pinballs again.

"Those are for YOU, sweetheart....."

i've heard that before........

#21 1 year ago

…says the man who is just getting his divorce finalized.

#22 1 year ago

Please have your wife create a pinside account so I can downvote.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Please have your wife create a pinside account so I can downvote.

I got my wife one but I don't think she has ever used it. She does use the insider connect account though...

#24 1 year ago
    Screenshot_20230308_174334_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230308_174334_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #25 1 year ago

Must have been the best BJ ever.

#26 1 year ago

Never had my wife tell me I could not buy any-thing...Now, when I sell that "thing" soon after I just bought it..I may get the "didn't you just buy that?" I know what that statement implies. I feel lucky that is about all I have to deal with.

#27 1 year ago

Maybe she meant this fiscal year?

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

…says the man who is just getting his divorce finalized.

March 21st!

Looking forward to spending all that bra money......................

HI Howie!

#29 1 year ago

Define "year"...

#30 1 year ago

Yeah, define " year". I prefer to live in the " eternal now".

#31 1 year ago

Don't worry. With all those great new pinball machines. You won't miss her.

LTG : )

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Don't worry. With all those great new pinball machines. You won't miss her.

Last woman I dated I had 6 or 7 machines at the time. I didn’t play them much and that was accurate. She said I should get rid of them because I don’t play them. I do miss her cooking sometimes.

#33 1 year ago

If she sent you that Bart caption I'd say she's dropping a HUGE hint she wants you to buy a TSPP pin!

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

She said I should get rid of them

You should have seen the fit my ex threw when she comes in the house and Big Bang Bar is almost blocking the door coming in.

There are times I miss that whore/bitch, but then it goes away.

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nikrox2:

https://powellind.com/integrated-package-solutions
    May be a bit too "industrial" looking but one of these should do the trick!

That "two machines in a shed" configuration would possibly be OK for the initial nube, but us crusty old farts need that "double-wide repurposed shipping container" configuration just to fit the ten we have right now, much less the next ten I got my eye on already.

#36 1 year ago

With the Allentown pinfest coming up soon, that’s really gonna suck not being able to pick up a new project.

#37 1 year ago

If your wife is anything like mine, when you open the closet door you get buried in an avalanche of shoes. "Why don't you clear out some of these shoes?", I was once foolish to ask.

#38 1 year ago

Same for jeans

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballdaveh:

With the Allentown pinfest coming up soon, that’s really gonna suck not being able to pick up a new project.

Just buy anyways bud life is too short for that stuff

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-wife-just-made-me-swear-to-this?hl=chetrico and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.