3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Sputnik
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

wife playing pinball (resized).jpg
    20161004_113907_1475606438227 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3266 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3358 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3228 (resized).JPG
    20160905_214504 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I bought a Shaq Attaq this week She is a serious basketball fan. My wife has made the journey to the game room 4 days in a row. She doesn't care for any of my other pins or arcade machines but likes to play this one. The Grand children will be on it next week.
    Later Sputnik

#2 3 years ago

You won't find much love for the shaq attac here. Looks like there's 3 of us now, but hey thats the beauty of pinball. Fun game to vs someone on. Nice to get the wife involved, less bitching when you bring something new home.

#3 3 years ago

Same here. It makes life better.

20160905_214504 (resized).jpg

#4 3 years ago

I cannot relate, but congratulations!

#5 3 years ago

Same here.. My wife is playing the pinnies now!

#6 3 years ago

With all due respect,your wife is hot my friend

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

With all due respect,your wife is hot my friend

Absolutely nothing respectful about those words. Nothing.

#8 3 years ago

That's your wife!? She told me she was single and just looking for a good time.... oh well!

#9 3 years ago

My girlfriend loves pinball! We're in a long-distance dealio right now and met that way (she's from Texas) so when she flew down for a week and a half in June I gave her the ultra New Jersey experience, we enjoyed the boardwalk of Point Pleasant then hit the Silverball Museum on one of our days. We also spent a lot of time in my own gameroom. She already agreed when she comes back in December I'm going to spend some time teaching her the ruleset a game or several so she can really get good at it/them.

Being young is great: She only complains when I buy too many because that takes away from the plane ticket fund... but space is no concern! Honestly, though she's really supportive of the collection. Nothing quite better than being young, being in love with somebody who loves pinball (and getting it back, hah!), and getting to spend a whole day at a classic New Jersey boardwalk.

As Gottlieb always said... it's more fun to compete!

(I have my hair tied back because it was flying in my face in all the rides LOL, I normally look significantly less like a doofus)

IMG_3228 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3266 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3358 (resized).JPG

#10 3 years ago

Nice story! Thanks for sharing it

#11 3 years ago

From the sellers asking price I did not think Shaq had a large fan base. As for now we are enjoying it. 15 years newer that any of the rest. It is easy to get the multi ball, not like the many requirements of F2K.
    Later Sputnik.

#13 3 years ago

Congratulations! And condolences!

Having a spouse that is in to the hobby is awesome. You have someone to nerd-out with you about all the cool stuff going on in the hobby. The potential downsides are 1) exercising self control when you both get excited about a game and, 2) deciding to get a game, or not, if only one of you is excited about it. Not really bad problems to have. Good luck!

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinNerd:

Congratulations! And condolences!
    Having a spouse that is in to the hobby is awesome. You have someone to nerd-out with you about all the cool stuff going on in the hobby. The potential downsides are 1) exercising self control when you both get excited about a game and, 2) deciding to get a game, or not, if only one of you is excited about it. Not really bad problems to have. Good luck!

3) Your spouse gets opinionated about how you are setting up *your* game room, lol.

My husband didn't care at all...it was my space to set up as I please...until he realized he likes playing pinball too. Now every so often he'll pipe up with changes he thinks I should make.

Poor guy doesn't realize that 100 or so opinions later he'll find himself weighing in on the best way to customize his workbench for pinball repair or how we might be able to add 10 more pins down in the rec room. Bwahahah!

#15 3 years ago

Ummmm my wife played Shaq Attaq then left me for a basketball player. I think the same thing happened to BlackRose too.

#16 3 years ago

You wife played Back Rose and ran off with a buccaneer? That's some bad luck right there. I mean, what are the odds...

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinNerd:

You wife played Back Rose and ran off with a buccaneer? That's some bad luck right there. I mean, what are the odds...

Of course not, that would be totally absurd.

#18 3 years ago

My wife just sent me this picture of her on her lunch break...sneaking in a few games of GB on location

20161004_113907_1475606438227 (resized).jpg

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

He didnt buy me a Ghostbusters like he said he would....
    Deal with caution, you have been warned.

Well if this guy would have bought you one she wouldn't have to play it on location! I hear he is a bad guy.

#20 3 years ago

I think she might be sleeping with him...

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I think she might be sleeping with him...

Oh man thats funny!

#22 3 years ago

Yah my wife like to play pinball too

wife playing pinball (resized).jpg

#23 3 years ago

My wife hates pinball, but she has started to drink my nice wines and sometimes wants to watch football with me so maybe there's still hope...

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

Ummmm my wife played Shaq Attaq then left me for a basketball player. I think the same thing happened to BlackRose too.

Basketball player? She got one already, there is even a pirate costume in the attic... But she leaves my beer alone, makes a boo-boo face with extra stinkeye on my beer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 28.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 90.00
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 163.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Bent Mods
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 99.00
    Playfield - Other
    Arcade Upkeep
    $ 169.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.25
    Lighting - Other
    The MOD Couple
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    £ 55.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside