Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by DMC
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Redeyes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Let me start by saying this is not an update with pics and secrets.. Current owners are kept up to speed by Johns online updates or visiting.. and its just not my place at all, sorry y'all.. I just wanted to share my experience briefly to anyone who is in on any of JPOPs projects or on a wait-list and has not had a chance to make it. Myself personally am in on his zombie pin. He really seems to encourage this type of visit as oppose to showing everything via internet, and he told me theres alot he is just not showing at all until the end.
Anyway thank you to John for his hospitality and accommodating me last minute by spending the afternoon with me at his workshop! I flew out to Chi-town for a quick three day business trip and really didnt confirm any plans with him until the day I got there. I just really wanted to see whats going on for myself since i havnt been following the updates anymore. Id rather be surprised from time to time and when I finally unbox the Zombie pin. The minute i walked into his studio I was was blown away by all the sketches, 3D molds/models, parts, artwork, etc oozing out of every desk and dept area! Im not a pinball expert but there was a station for engineering, design, testing, 3D printing! it was insane! I got to see alot of the updated artwork, sketches, some animations, sounds from the Zombie pin and everything but the PF for magic girl! He told me they will just keep sketches and cab art up on a prototype for several weeks to see if it holds its appeal. I thought it was a great way to operate cause something new today and get old quick after several weeks. The way he is incorporating the LCD screen is so sick and animations are well underway! AGAIN sorry for the lack of detail, my intention for posting this is to encourage others to visit with John. We chatted for a couple hours as he showed me around. I felt alot more comfortable with my investment/purchase, especially after seeing were things are at and listening to John describe the process and showing me some secrets. However at this point in all fairness I do feel there needs to be a new "official" projected end date, the payment schedule has been pushed back and as we all know no matter what your color, age, background, skill level etc building a pin is no easy take and takes a long time. So after hanging out for awhile we than grabbed a chi-town style hot dog at a local pub and he gave me a ride to the airport! What a cool down to earth guy! On the other hand he seems to always be processing.. you can just tell his gearbox is always turning thinking of new ideas, concepts, and making things come to life! Anyway I hope to make it back to visit again at Expo but not sure yet, I missed out on the Stern tour this time so hoping to fit that in as well.

PS ok heres the only secret, John has a small fridge in his office that was stocked with only water, after I left it was stocked with beer too =) he said only other person to do that was Chris with cointakers! great minds think alike!

Thanks for listening

Ryan

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Chances are that if a new projected end date it given, another one will have to be given when that date approaches as well.
This is going to be really cool, but it's also going to be a really long time.

You might be right.. but After seeing things first hand I can tell you it's gona be very worth the wait.. it is a very fair payment schedule also so that helps.

I think i do remember seeing a purple fat kid somewhere..

1 week later
4 weeks later
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Redeyes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-visit-with-jpop-8613?tu=Redeyes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.