• Latest reply 7 years ago by PersonX99
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN2108_(resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Using a simple light detector circuit, I tethered the demon lock insert light to the red led I installed in the demon mouth. It's a bit more animated and lights during the attract mode as well:

This circuit is portable (i.e. not hard wired into the pin permanently) so I can re-use the same mod in another pin or create more to use in other pins as well. I first used it in Iron Man to light up the chest light on an IM figure I installed in the game.

DSCN2108_(resized).JPGDSCN2108_(resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Awesome use of a light detector. I did a similar mod with Pinbot, using a phototransistor to detect the flasher lamps under the energy value insert, which is used as an input trigger to a Trinket programmable microcontroller. This signal tells the program to flash my RGB LED Neopixel rings on the pop bumpers.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Awesome use of a light detector. I did a similar mod with Pinbot, using a phototransistor to detect the flasher lamps under the energy value insert, which is used as an input trigger to a Trinket programmable microcontroller. This signal tells the program to flash my RGB LED Neopixel rings on the pop bumpers.

That is an awesome mod!!! I'm still working on something like that for KISS. I have various IR detectors hidden (as best I can) on the pf to detect the ball. They go back to an arduino and trigger different lighting effects on three lengths of neopixels.. It's still a work in progress with the most difficult part being getting the light sequences to look like they are factory installed. I'm not a fan of mods that 'look like mods'.

#4 7 years ago

Very nice!

I'm trying to tie some of the RGB arrows back to an Arduino to figure out which mode the game is in. Got a really cool mod I'd like to automate.

I'd also want to read the start button lamp to figure out when the game is active. Since my machine is on Free Play, the lamp would be on when in a game, flashing otherwise. Wondering if I should read the voltage into one of the analog inputs somehow.

#5 7 years ago

I have not tried this yet, but the R G B pins are easily accessible on the insert lights in KISS. "In theory", you could read all three on analog inputs into the arduino. From the value read on the input pins, you would have to note which values correspond to each mode color. (Might be able to do it with only one pin if the values for each mode are unique.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-version-of-a-kiss-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.